Strict budget, slow restoration. *Now with moar budget*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    I hate going to alignment shops. When you turn every wrench on your car yourself the last thing you want to do is turn it over to some monkey and pay them a $69.99 flat rate just because you don't have a DSP600 at home.

I ask the guy what he set the toe to and he tells me thirty. I ask him if he means thirty minutes? He looks at me funny and says "no, degrees." Really? You set my toe to THIRTY DEGREES? REALLY now. I know what he meant but I sort of have a disposition to hate these guys since I'm paying them $70 to do 20 minutes of work I could easily do myself.
    Then why didn't you do it yourself then? Oh yeah right you don't have the machine to do it--- so you couldn't have done it yourself.

So suck it up and pay the mechanic who is trying to make a living.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    ---------------------------------
    89 E30 S52
    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Sweet! The new wheels and tires look great.
      -Nick
      Originally posted by 87e30
      First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
        Then why didn't you do it yourself then? Oh yeah right you don't have the machine to do it--- so you couldn't have done it yourself.

Did that make you feel better?

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post

Are you stupid or something? The mechanic who should be trained to know how to do this clearly didn't. Wh33lhop has done everything on his car and knows what he's talking about. To hand it over to somebody who then has no clue and pay them for it is really frustrating.
          Dean
          Instagram
          1987 325isA
          1987 325i - 383k

Comment

It's cool, I get what he's saying even if he has a stick up his ass. Let's just move on and not turn the thread into a shit-flinging contest--it has been pretty good so far.

Comment

alot of 21(+) page threads are a total pointless read but there is not one ounce of loss in thread... I plan on doing something similar after this upcoming summer when i have some money for a car and an apartment... still in the dorms :( and i too will be working out in the streets

Comment

hey Wh33lhop, I noticed you don't have the front brake shield things on. no issues with your brake performance that you notice?
                :borg:

Comment

No, the dust shields actually hinder the convection cooling the brakes. If you don't have brake ducts, you'll get better cooling without the shields.

Comment

drool

Comment

The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

I love this place
                        feedback?!

4x100 32mm Wheel Spacers $70 Shipped

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                          Did that make you feel better?
                          no sarcasm involved. bitter pill to swallow.

if we don't have the right equipment to do the job, then we have no choice but to pay someone who invested in that equipment to do the job.

if i knew something was off, then I would tell the mechanic right away and would not accept the job done until it is done right. Then I shell out my hard earned dough.

Just sayin'. No disrespect, you've done a great job on the car!
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                          89 E30 S52
                          Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Looks like kegans car?

Comment

Probably looks like his house, too... ;)

Comment

Hey wh33lhop we should meet up i live in Sb too i would love to check out your car dude pm me
                                Originally posted by InuFaye
                                silver is old man color car. you need dat BRO-SECA BLUE.
                                Originally posted by blunttech
                                so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist
                                Originally posted by george graves
                                An S5x is like the girl you want to marry - an m30 is the girl you don't bring home to mom.

Comment

Working...
                                X