Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Meat-flange - an Australian story that doesn't involve Nicole Fucking Kidman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that Aussie for penis?

Comment

It's Aussie for, "Your waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles: present it to me."

think about a footbal with all it's stitches blown open down one seam. Mmmmm-mmmm
      Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

That is quite a visual, friend.

Comment

I'm a visual kinda guy. Visual, and drunk. Mostly drunk.
          Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

I wanna swap a v8 into my mighty max.

Comment

Is mighty max American for penis?
              Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Yes. imagine a Max, that is mighty.

Comment

ill have a beer to that
                  - Chris
                  Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                    Yes. imagine a Max, that is mighty.
                    Mad, Max.

I've got E36 LSjuan crossmembers hanging around here. I should do one as a new daily. Hmm... Oh what's this? A BEER? Stone the crows! Mmmmm tasty. Drinking on public transport ftw
                    Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Hey i got tht beer we were jabbering about. Public Transport FTL, drinking on it? WIN

LS crossmember?

Hmm 318ti LSX

did I mention I can put my hands on a fairly rough E36ti cheap? that or an E36 sedan, which ever is your liking.
                      - Chris

Comment

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
                        Hey i got tht beer we were jabbering about. Public Transport FTL, drinking on it? WIN

LS crossmember?

Hmm 318ti LSX

did I mention I can put my hands on a fairly rough E36ti cheap? that or an E36 sedan, which ever is your liking.
                        Yeah engine gearbox crossmembers for an e36. I really shouldn't entertain the idea as I don't need 2 project cars on the go. I need that like offTopic on here needs another political thread.

Will probably put them on eBay...
                        Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Hey, you prized the head off that M52 yet karnt?

p.s. having a beer at my desk...E28 strut into E30 got too hard
                          - Chris

Comment

E28 eh? Do tell... If it is pleasing to me I shall have my Nigerian prince father send you 10,000 goats as a sacrifice. Moist goats.

Haven't done shit to ye olde m52. I've Been doing Subaru stuff for mates and relearning why I hate 4wd gearboxes, shitful waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing things. I mean, who designs a fucking clutch slave cylinder with the bleed nipple only HALFWAY up the cylinder? Fucking waffleswaffleswaffleswaffless I bet that was retaliation for Nagasaki.

I've Got a 4 day weekend this weekend so will strip it then. Trying to work out whether to buy e36 318ti or e28 rear end for it too...
                            Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

E28 rear is a shitload of work and a bunch of fabrication that an engineer may not necessarily be happy with (rear shock tower needs to now support the spring and shock load).

We have E28 suspension kicking around as spares for dads E24 (exactly the same). I'm looking at some 16" tyres on ebay, we have some 5 lug 16" wheel whereas I have no 16" 4 lug wheels and thus the unravelling of sanity.

I am all but convinced you could use the M3 Tie Rod lever to attach an E28 strut leg to an E30 control arm. Hopefully measuring up an M3 on the weekend to see. But in the meantime I attempted bolting the entire E28 strut tube and tie rod lever in for shits and giggles (hey it beats studying). I think the wheel ended up more off centre than with E36 stuff :p

To summarise:

Go 318ti rear
                              E28 front may work with M3 parts

Alternatively I could get something machinced up but my Dad isn't awfully comfortable with this. "It's a critical part of the suspension yadda yadda". But then I am studing to be an engineer....

I shall report back.
                              - Chris

Comment

Yeah, I'd been thinking about it, and I realise the fab/bracing work would be a prick, but it would give me a nice track increase. I just can't believe how expensive trailing arms and the diff out-rigger are at wreckers... fuggin' crooks!

Can't you check out 16" rims for MX5s? They're 4x100 and fairly low offset.
                                Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Working...
                                X