Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Got the car out and took some decent pictures...wish I had an awesome camera:

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    'looking dope'
    Car should look pretty dope shooting flames on all the M3's behind me

Thanks for the comments.

Just found the last set of results for the last event I did at EC....lotta high powered cars behind me and only one other E30 infront of me :p (I came 36th...lol)

Leave a comment:

• clutch-monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    Yeh no shit, that car is smoking hot. Did not see it however.
    yeah actually garaged it at a friend's place the whole weekend. well, except to cut tough laps in parramatta (just so i can say i have, and hell, it's lebspec purple ffs)
    Originally posted by Iain View Post
    Car looks sweet - I love the lack of stretch/poke/hellafag
    this!
    at least this way you can fit semi's with no problem, and hey.. i'll take that option over 'looking dope' etc

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    I got notification of a reply, the forum shows there was a reply, but in here I can't see it?
    eh

to answer your questions Yes they are XXR 522's 16x8 as posted previously. I love them, I'm all about spot on fitment, these are flush and with the rolled to shit house (border line pulled) fenders really fit nice. The rubber could be a lil wider and will be when I get the next set (these were just so cheap).

I haven't turned a wheel in anger, only to check clearence so far, so can't comment in that regard.

All good to help with motivation.....I'm not struggling for any at the moment but need to get uni done with for this semester. Exams are over in 2 weeks and once I purge some uber binge drinking outta the system should be all systems go on getting work done. I want this thing boosted and making flames!

Leave a comment:

• AHR[e30]
    replied
    I thank god i found this thread....this was the boost in confidence i needed to start really looking at my car at a different perspective.. .thanks again for doing this awesome build man...loving it so far...keep up dating... ooo and how are those xxr 522 you like em?

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    Chris, PM me your email.

Car looks sweet - I love the lack of stretch/poke/hellafag

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
    I have heard of some people on s14 complaining about preload issues on their supper slammed rides. But some of those complaints were from people still using stock links and probably had the links pre loaded at all times. I have not had a chance to properly flog it since doing the change but all preliminary testing show towards positive gains. I'm sure with some fine tuning it can really be dialed in.
    Good things to know. I might look into it when I'm moving the sway bar around to the front of the cross member.

Thanks for the compliments guys, atleast it will look awesome on track while I'm going heaps slow :D

Leave a comment:

• dirtysix
    replied
    Showing the kids how to fit rubber since ages ago.

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Everyone knows your not hella flush until your rocking at least 5x that camber.... :P

Leave a comment:

• einstein57
    replied
    I have heard of some people on s14 complaining about preload issues on their supper slammed rides. But some of those complaints were from people still using stock links and probably had the links pre loaded at all times. I have not had a chance to properly flog it since doing the change but all preliminary testing show towards positive gains. I'm sure with some fine tuning it can really be dialed in.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Yo Iain I need a login to checkout those links....maybe print as pdf's and email to me?

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Reap3r View Post
    Nah nah, its more a grape/ribena colour. And has silver 3 peice wheels. 964 turbo/gt2

Here just look at pics of it instead :P
    http://downshiftezine.blogspot.com/2010/05/hero.html
    Yeh no shit, that car is smoking hot. Did not see it however.

Well I finished rolling my guards and got my wheels mounted up today, very happy with the fitment and the new look.

Before:

After:

Hella Flush:

That rear left guard actually needs bit more rolling down the rear of the guard, but otherwise the fitment is spot on. I see flares and bigger tyres in the future, but for now this is sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied

Haha, fucking bitches. Purple as in maroon, with balck 3 piece wheels? Turbo? For sale for $50k. Then yer we saw it, and we were droolling
    Nah nah, its more a grape/ribena colour. And has silver 3 peice wheels. 964 turbo/gt2

Here just look at pics of it instead :P
    I was sitting at a fancy restaurant for breakfast with the folks many years ago, when I caught a glimpse of this amazing lime/apple colour t...

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
    I've done some calculations and the tangential loads are hardly affected. I've done it and used the bimmerworld links and i tove the results. Noticeably quicker turn in.
    Interesting. Your moving the location for about half way on the control arm to nearly 100% inlne with outboard control point (I believe the spring motion ratio is 0.88 ). When I had purchased the sway bars I raised the M3 link idea and was advsed against them due to preloading the bar when turning? Have you found this to be an issue? I spose the other way to look at is The M division changed it, and mus have done so for a reason.

Originally posted by Reap3r View Post
    Damn you :( I was meant to be going down to sydney for superlap but one of my mates decided to complicate things so now a bunch of people I know Including clutch-monkey are down there while I'm up here. While your there have a look out for his Purple porsche :P It's hard to miss.
    Haha, fucking bitches. Purple as in maroon, with balck 3 piece wheels? Turbo? For sale for $50k. Then yer we saw it, and we were droolling

Originally posted by dirtysix View Post
    Good on ya mate.
    Haha, I'm all about the flush fitment, but gotta have some meaty rubber on those wide wheels

Leave a comment:

• dirtysix
    replied
    They have what I think is the perfect amount of stretch (IE nearly square).
    Good on ya mate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X