X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reap3r
    replied
    Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    I'll need more turbo for it to be an absolute blast past old mates CSL spec, but was doing some research last night and you can get china spec GT2871's for $350!

anywhere north of 150kW at the wheels and I will be happy for a while anyway. Subaru Wagon is a beast and it has 400kg's on the E30
    Should do what I'm doing man, I got put into Master Power which seem to have some really good reviews over in the US. $830 for a turbo comparible in size to a 3071 with a years worth of warrenty. Also get run on a few track cars up here and seem to go good. A lot better than a china spec turbo anyway :P

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    I'll need more turbo for it to be an absolute blast past old mates CSL spec, but was doing some research last night and you can get china spec GT2871's for $350!

anywhere north of 150kW at the wheels and I will be happy for a while anyway. Subaru Wagon is a beast and it has 400kg's on the E30

Leave a comment:

• dirtysix
    replied
    Double post king ha.

Shit looks like it's coming together well.
    A mate had a 318is turbo and that thing was a giggle to drive. The look on CSL drivers face's as you passed them on the track was priceless.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    double post king
    Last edited by e30guydownunder; 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Brakes are mounted in the car, I have plumbed them up, but haven't filled with fluid and bleed them yet as I have been mucho busy focusing on other shit, like tidying up the yard :(

But anyway I have been doing other stuff since the brakes.

I got out all my shit to do a bit of a stock take and get a plan. Not shown is the radiator as there has been a change of plans. The Landcruiser copper radiator will be no more. An Alloy Nissan S14 radiator of biggest possible size (to fit in the hole) is coming. It has the outlets in roughly the right spot so should be able to make it work without too much drama, just some new mounts and a fan and we'll be done.

Probably other little shit, but this basically what I am putting into my Turbo M42 project. About 5K on my driveway and there are alot of freebies in there too (like the manifold and dump pipe)!

Spent a good 4-5 hours stuffing around getting the pieces for the sump finallised. Then we got it all tacked up for the final time!

Brother has some new found TIG skills and with our recently acquired bottle of Argon the TIG has been working overtime. Welding of the sump is about 50% complete.

I'm hoping to get stuck into the intake modifications tomorrow and can potentially get that bowled over (minus welding). Also hoping too look at mounting the sway bar out front but I have a 21st to attend so we shall see. And that will probably be where progress stops before I go back to work next week :( Shit will still be happening. We are in full swing now!

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    fuck the server and its 500 issues

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    I had 205 V70A's. They had no stretch, but there was plenty of poke happening. You can sort of see here.

Just finished fabbing the pedal box up! Now to paint it, install it and hose it all up.

In this picture you can see the weld off to the side where I have plug welded a 6mm High Tensile Bolt in as a sort of drive pin. Just so there is something mechanical connecting the two pieces, not just weld. Also I will be buying new bearings, of course ;)

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    They are now sold. But they were XXR 522, 16 x 8, ET0. They didn't fit without hacking your guards up and now I will be doing a bit of body work over the break also

They can be purchased locally for about $800, I could send you the details for the distributor if your interested. He gets in alot of wheels (whole XXR range, enkei, work etc etc)
    Did you ever get any decent photos of the rims and tyres side on? I wanna see if they had any stretch. I want to change to a ku36 but I'm not going to do it if they have any stretch and risk fucking up how awesome my wheel/tyre combo looks currently.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    They are now sold. But they were XXR 522, 16 x 8, ET0. They didn't fit without hacking your guards up and now I will be doing a bit of body work over the break also

They can be purchased locally for about $800, I could send you the details for the distributor if your interested. He gets in alot of wheels (whole XXR range, enkei, work etc etc)

Leave a comment:

• e30 335i
    replied
    Hey e30guydownunder nice project you have going. What are the specs on them gold wheels you want to sell? do you have some pics?

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    New Year? New Motivation, New Updates.

I've been cracking on the brake master cylinder / inlet manifold clashing problems straight up. Once I get that done, focus can turn to making the other shit work. Whats the point finishing the engine install if I don't have any brakes???

SOOOOOOO

Here is what we started with, nice tidy and business like. Let the shit FLY!

First Problem, Suprise, aftermarket pedals don't fit in the location I thought. nevermind let's think about this:

Well I thought about it alot and screwed around with cylinders here and there and it was just turning out too hard. Had a look on the interwebs, hmmm $400 for something that might work better (floor mount). So I'm giving it a red hot go first.

As much as people whinge and bitch about the PULL rod setup in RHD E30s. It is just that. A pull rod, not a push rod. Given it must have some flex, I doubt it contributes to the mushy brake pedal that much. What do you expect with single piston sliding calipers anyway! So I'm mounting two masters on the passenger side with a custom bellcrank to actuate them.

I have finalised on a pedal ratio of 5.85:1. This is slightly less agressive than the pedal box I bought (5.3:1) and much better than the factory pedal setup would have been (4.8:1), but that is on a booster system. I have done this because the pedal box I bought came with mammoth cylinders. 2 x 7/8's and a 1". I am going to give the 2 x 7/8 a go and hopefully it works out half decent with the standard calipers.

Having said all that I am working towards a brake upgrade that will include fixed calipers atleast on the front of some unknown origin. Lots of stuff to do before then!

So some pictures of where I'm at.

It's a bit hard to get a decent picture without the masters mounted:

birds eye view of the setup:

custom hand finished bell crank (non of this laser profiled shit), not finished yet:

As far as I got with the master cylinder mount plate before breaking the drill press while trying to drill 35mm holes :crazy:

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Cant wait for the boost either :)

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Nice work. Hopefully next week my big spending spree will happen too :P About 5-6k or so worth. Can't wait to get some boost goin on.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    I sold the daily E30 so not having two to focus on helps. But I really want some boosted E30 in my life :D

Leave a comment:

• gtdragon980
    replied
    WOW! i wish had the drive and motivation you have!! i can't even get my fucking e30 out of the garage!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X