X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reap3r
    replied
    Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    So my shiny new wheels have tyres mounted. They have what I think is the perfect amount of stretch (IE nearly square). The fitment is fucking spot on, the rain halted progress halfway thru, so I have only mounted the drivers side.

Pics will be up on Sunday, going to check out Superlap tomorrow. Fucking awesome.

To top it off I found a crappy 17mm socket kicking round in the toolbox that fits in my tuner lug sized holes. Not needing studs and tuner lugs? AWESOME

Totally happy with the look, but it definitely accentuates how much I should really bring the front down another 15mm or so.

Further to all this awesomeness I checked the Massive Brakes Supersized brake kit template in the XXR's and the caliper still clears the spokes, I was a bit worried about all the concavity. SO that means I now have two sets of wheels that would fit, as my previous 15" also had plenty of clearence.
    Damn you :( I was meant to be going down to sydney for superlap but one of my mates decided to complicate things so now a bunch of people I know Including clutch-monkey are down there while I'm up here. While your there have a look out for his Purple porsche :P It's hard to miss.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    So my shiny new wheels have tyres mounted. They have what I think is the perfect amount of stretch (IE nearly square). The fitment is fucking spot on, the rain halted progress halfway thru, so I have only mounted the drivers side.

Pics will be up on Sunday, going to check out Superlap tomorrow. Fucking awesome.

To top it off I found a crappy 17mm socket kicking round in the toolbox that fits in my tuner lug sized holes. Not needing studs and tuner lugs? AWESOME

Totally happy with the look, but it definitely accentuates how much I should really bring the front down another 15mm or so.

Further to all this awesomeness I checked the Massive Brakes Supersized brake kit template in the XXR's and the caliper still clears the spokes, I was a bit worried about all the concavity. SO that means I now have two sets of wheels that would fit, as my previous 15" also had plenty of clearence.

Leave a comment:

• einstein57
    replied
    I've done some calculations and the tangential loads are hardly affected. I've done it and used the bimmerworld links and i tove the results. Noticeably quicker turn in.

Actually somebody did ask on E30tech :)

In much the same way I have gone to great lengths to reduce the angles involved with the standard setup, the combination of two rod ends didn't have enough angular scope in it to cope with an M3 styled link configuration.

It would have required balljoint ends. Besides the fact that it would have then essentially doubled the effectiveness of the sway bar and required a change in sway diameter.

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    Wats a gx wagon, with wrx trick bits going to run me though? I only have about 7k and its tied up in a shitbox 318iS. Seats comfy?

$7k could get you some pretty decent turbo Subarus. Gen1 RS Lib wagon or early (94-96) WRX wagon is in your price range.

$7k turbo GX/WRX conversion would be stretching it. $10k is more like it.

A mate's Gen2 sedan. He'd take $7500 i reckon

Gen1 Legacy wags in Melb

Gen1 GX-WRX conversion near you
    Last edited by Iain; 05-20-2010, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Wats a gx wagon, with wrx trick bits going to run me though? I only have about 7k and its tied up in a shitbox 318iS. Seats comfy?

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    I can make it scratch that boost itch. All the WRX shiz bolts in and requires just a bit of faffing about. Sleepers FTW.

Most of the US cars probably ended up in Austria, wondering where the kangaroos are what "our" obsession with lederhosen is...

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    GLWS

P.S. Your GX wagon does not scratch my boost itch

P.P.S. The Sierra Evo is over and it is from the US. But a bunch of the US cars didnt come over...pansies

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    Nah mate - I have a full weekend of trying to sell my daily driver wagon.

PS: buy it. I need to scratch this turbo Subaru itch.

PPS: It's not glorified supersprint it is the WORLD TIME ATTACK CHALLENGE!!!!111onejuan Are there any American cars coming? Oh wait, this is proper motorsport where you have to turn left and right. Whoops, forgot about that. :p

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Points noted. Critical factor being lack of money hey :(

Yo you going to superlap at all? Event coverage? I'm thinking bout heading down tomorrow have a look at a glorified supersprint.

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    The ride in my mates '04 WRX and 15psi was nice....took approximately 2 mintues to generate a "WTF" look off some old man.
    1. Don't be a fag - get a dirty Liberty wagon. Excellent parts-getter, and should tow your light little race car fine.

2. 15psi must mean stock turbo. Kick him in the balls and when he looks up, say "you know why". If he genuinely doesn't know why, tell him he needs to replace that teeny tiny TD04 with a VF34-P20. Then kick him in the balls again.

3. Do a skid. Poof.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Originally posted by DTM190 View Post
    Tommy G has his M50 out of the E36 for sale, soo tempting to put in the stormy and add some wooshka but I really need to curb my E30 spendage.

Its been a tad out of control.

Looking forward to seeing those wheels on and hearing the wooshka
    WOAH WUT????

Link me to prices.

Yeh me too, I'm hoping to mount tyres and roll the shit out guards over the weekend. I can temporarily mount the wheels, but going to convert to press-in studs and nuts...these damn wheels need those stupid tuner lugs.

Already got the parts picked out, just going to be doubly sure I can infact use, press-in studs.

Leave a comment:

• DTM190
    replied
    Tommy G has his M50 out of the E36 for sale, soo tempting to put in the stormy and add some wooshka but I really need to curb my E30 spendage.

Its been a tad out of control.

Looking forward to seeing those wheels on and hearing the wooshka

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    G Banger - I would like a "no fucks given" sticker, but I'm thinking "Just 318" has a better ring to it.

I was actually telling my father how keen I was to get it boosted. "soon", god damn we need to whip his M6 on the road quick. I need to be cutting boosted skids ASAP, or ill be doing something silly and end up with a faster Daily. The ride in my mates '04 WRX and 15psi was nice....took approximately 2 mintues to generate a "WTF" look off some old man.

Leave a comment:

• DTM190
    replied
    So Im guessing you guys are not the founders of the "man who is new" fan club bwahahahaha. You can come and rip shit in my car park longtime.

Hurry up and get that boosted C man

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Yo Iain, I need some epic mirror tintz so the 5-0 dont go seeing my hetic jungle jim. the plates off my daily would fit but I'd just have to tell em I changed the colour recently and that the rest is legit race spec yo.

But its all good cause i have friends in the force so I can race whoever I want and wont get booked

Leave a comment:

Working...
X