Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iain
    replied
    Sweet. Another great feature is BMWs can run far bigger rubber than Subes - most early Subes are limited to 205/215/225 rubber.

Yeah, a few. Going to save them up and do a big update in a few weeks. Gotta get a new socket to get the fucking head off the M52, too, as my 10mm doesn't grip properly.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    I quite enjoy beating cars with heaps more power :D

However it would be good if the LSD I have in my car did some LSD'ing....oh thats something else I have been up to.

Stripped one of my spare LSD centres and had a look around. It looks to be quite a simple process to machine the centre for more friction plates. This will be happening soon, along with new bearings.

any updates on your meat flange?

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    Weight, I suspect, and diffs are whats wrong with Subarus. :)

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Strut Tops will be some 25mm/1" sphericals mounted in suitable round stock and some 5mm plate, nothing fancy, no bullshit. Throwing some slots in so I can dial out camber if deemed necessary. I'm going to be able to move over the strut top an additional 10mm from where it is currently so that should put me in the dorifto spec range of camber (-5degrees roughly) and able to be dialed out to about -1 on my calcs.

I'll let you know when things are happening.

Haha really? Whats wrong with your mates in subies? My semi slicks are nearly slicks and over 2 years old, can't wait to get some power behind me :D

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    Very keen to see/hear more about thsoe strut tops. I need to do something for my 5-lug and want them A) solid and B) adjustable (or at least optimised for a track wheel alignment)

Great work on the 46s times, too. A few guys I know with well-prepped turbo Subarus on slicks (with about 200hp more than you) are only just scraping into the 46s/47s.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Sure was man!

I sure am a Happy waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles today:

$350 AUD shipped! Freaking steal :D

And for all the whinging buggers out there, here is how the office finished up after my shifter mods and the temporary fitment of the digi dash:

Currently the car is laid up while I find some funds for a new set of tyres aand make some suspension mods. First on the agenda is fixing the Front Swar bar links:

It only gets worse with more bump. I'm close to a solution however.

Leave a comment:

• GotCone?
    replied
    That track looks like a blast!!

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Here's some pictures of the beasty in action. I'm behind the camera not the wheel ;) Me and Dad had a great day punting the car around the short track (1.0km) and at the end of it all weren't going too slowly either. We were both down under 47 second laps which is reportly the mark to beat. I had a best of 46.6 after the broken swaybar link fiasco, which initially cost me about a second. a 45 second lap is apparently very impressive for 100hp :)

And just to give you guys who don't live over this side of the pond some perspective this is a of the track:

And an S2K Doing similar sort of lap times to me.

Project Time AttackHonda S2000Went to test my new setup, specifically the coilovers, non-staggered semi-slicks and the front sway bar. Ended up having the wh...

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Video camera fail. But I got some pics. WIll upload them when I'm not feeling like complete ass.

Disconnected rear swaybar to optimise drive/ kill the oversteer and broke the fornt swaybar link next session out...LOL.

New front links are in the works now and camber tops are on the drawings board. Spherical bearing price awaiting confirmation before we progress to the fabrication of said tops. Camber tops should allow me to add 40mm to the current suspension bump travel or in other words double it!

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Did I mentioned I'm pumped, fuck I need this, been driving like a dick on the roads :p

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    I believe so, mate, I believe so... :)

*wanders off into sunset stroking beard and sipping mango daquiri*

PS: good luck at the track day. You'll have a ferkin' blast!

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    I like your plans. One day I would like copious moneys and a suitable project to consume them :)

consider it a topic to cover on the R3V beers and cruise?

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    We should talk about E85 and turbos as I'm picking up my M52 tomorrow and the eventual plan for that involves sleeves, a GT4088R and lots of tyre smoke. :)

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    As well as the turbo is :) I haven't finished the build yet. From all accounts of people over here racing turbocharged cars. E85 is the way to go. People are swapping out their 8.5:1 forged pistons for 14:1 and lowering boost levels down (in the catergory I plan to run, turbos have a restrictor). The idea is you are limited in the amount of air the turbo can suck, so you have to compress the air more to get a bigger bang.

I think I will be able to make great power on the standard bottom end and the E85 will help it last a bit longer than one track day :)

Leave a comment:

• kayak2indiana
    replied
    hows the e85 working for you???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X