No announcement yet.

e30guydownunder: Project M42, probs definitely got more power than your S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thank god i found this thread....this was the boost in confidence i needed to start really looking at my car at a different perspective.. .thanks again for doing this awesome build man...loving it so far...keep up dating... ooo and how are those xxr 522 you like em?

Comment

I got notification of a reply, the forum shows there was a reply, but in here I can't see it?
      eh

to answer your questions Yes they are XXR 522's 16x8 as posted previously. I love them, I'm all about spot on fitment, these are flush and with the rolled to shit house (border line pulled) fenders really fit nice. The rubber could be a lil wider and will be when I get the next set (these were just so cheap).

I haven't turned a wheel in anger, only to check clearence so far, so can't comment in that regard.

All good to help with motivation.....I'm not struggling for any at the moment but need to get uni done with for this semester. Exams are over in 2 weeks and once I purge some uber binge drinking outta the system should be all systems go on getting work done. I want this thing boosted and making flames!
      - Chris
      Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
        Yeh no shit, that car is smoking hot. Did not see it however.
        yeah actually garaged it at a friend's place the whole weekend. well, except to cut tough laps in parramatta (just so i can say i have, and hell, it's lebspec purple ffs)
        Originally posted by Iain View Post
        Car looks sweet - I love the lack of stretch/poke/hellafag
        this!
        at least this way you can fit semi's with no problem, and hey.. i'll take that option over 'looking dope' etc

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
          'looking dope'
          Car should look pretty dope shooting flames on all the M3's behind me

Thanks for the comments.

Just found the last set of results for the last event I did at EC....lotta high powered cars behind me and only one other E30 infront of me :p (I came 36th...lol)

- Chris

Comment

Got the car out and took some decent pictures...wish I had an awesome camera:

- Chris

Comment

Car looks good, when you gunna get yourself a iS lip for it? :P Will look even better then!

Also what size rubber are you running on those wheels?

Turbo M42 Build thread:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

Eventually I'm going to make a fibreglass front for it. Have moulds for E36 M3 bars and E30 Mtech 2. I could be swayed either way, But either way I'll be sticking some extra fibreglass on the lip and making a bit more agressive :D

Khumo KU36 215/45/r16
                - Chris

Comment

Eventually I'm going to make a fibreglass front for it. Have moulds for E36 M3 bars and E30 Mtech 2. I could be swayed either way, But either way I'll be sticking some extra fibreglass on the lip and making a bit more agressive :D

Khumo KU36 215/45/r16
                  Ahh yeah, thats the way to go :) Mhmm I was going to be running those ku36's myself. But my car sits too low currently for me to make it sit any lower (will destroy splitter on driveway). Just trying to decide if 225/50's will end up completely the oposite way and give mass scrub on the front. I got offered some V70a's in 225/50 for $231 each which imo is a damn good deal!

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

Dang, love teh XXRs. If you don't hurry up, though, I might even beat you to the boost haha :P

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Reap3r View Post
                      Ahh yeah, thats the way to go :) Mhmm I was going to be running those ku36's myself. But my car sits too low currently for me to make it sit any lower (will destroy splitter on driveway). Just trying to decide if 225/50's will end up completely the oposite way and give mass scrub on the front. I got offered some V70a's in 225/50 for $231 each which imo is a damn good deal!
                      Damn that is damn good value! I myself will make the switch to 225/50's if I like the KU36's. More rubber on road is better. I will make them fit! At the same time I know where to get mad deals on all the tyres we have been talking about as well as the usual R888's and A048r's if I desired. All about how much you wanna spend.

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                      Dang, love teh XXRs. If you don't hurry up, though, I might even beat you to the boost haha :P
                      You will beat me to boost. No doubt about it. It will be worth it though. Rebuilt Engine with the head screwed on tight. I'm hoping to run 20psi. Should be able to keep up with the M3's down the straight after that! :p

I wrote a list of things to be done the other day, got a lil depressed. So many little things. But I have a guy teed up for my alloy welding, that ticks Surge Tank, Catch Cans, Rocker Cover mods for Coil Mounting and Big Breathers off the list of things I hadn't quite worked out how to handle, just need to make the pieces now.

I bought an 044 Bosch Motorsport pump last week too, Brand New $160 shipped, couldn't help but jump on a bargin.
                      - Chris

Comment

Car looks farken awesome, Chris.

There'll be some interesting developments on the Coast with regard to engine builder/tuner options and moar dynos, too.
                        Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Oh really? Sounds good, how much longer should I hold off. I have priced up a few joints to put engines together and do the machine work. All up is only gonna run me about a grand to have the engine balanced, oringed, honed and assembled, including the bearings and rings. Along with a fully serviced head (hahah jokes on Monday morning).
                          - Chris

Comment

Early next month he should be in his new shop at Somersby. Currently he's halfway between Somersby and Wollombi (near The Letter A). I'm working with him pulling engines out of WRXs and pulling short motors down/splitting cases/etc. He mostly works with Subarus, but knows his shit about all kinds of forced induction set-ups (he was helping fab up a Toyota SC14 blower onto an 18RC in an '81 HiLux yesterday).

he'd be able to get all your machine work done and balanced/etc. He'd most likely be able to do the head work and assembly, too.

Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Damn that is damn good value! I myself will make the switch to 225/50's if I like the KU36's. More rubber on road is better. I will make them fit! At the same time I know where to get mad deals on all the tyres we have been talking about as well as the usual R888's and A048r's if I desired. All about how much you wanna spend.
                              Yeah the only reason it is such a good deal is because they were going to become his race car tyres but they've been sitting around for 6 months or so and wreckons they would of hardened up too much for his competition racing. Which doesn't really bother me :P Even at 6 months old they will still be hell good tyres. I just need to try borrow clutch monkeys 225/50's he has sitting in his shed and test fit if they will work on the front before I jump in and buy some tyres.

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

Get a Guard roller...MAKE them fit :D
                                - Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X