• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pics from EC

- Chris
    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

You will also note before EC I raised my bonnet at the rear. I just drilled a new hole in the mounting brackets about 15mm lower than the original slots raising the mounts the same amount. Not sure how big a difference it made but all the hot air coming out of the bonnet was fogging up the OUTSIDE of the windscreen so it definitely works.

Car is sitting in the driveway all ready to go for Wakefield this weekend. Last event for the year before the usual off-season "bit more than I could chew" work begins. I'm hoping it won't get tooo out of hand.
      - Chris

Comment

I love your car. It makes my car piddle itself in jealousy.

Comment

Haha thanks bloke, I'm keen to have a few laps in the dry now I have the boost control sorted!
          - Chris

Comment

I tihnk we are on the wrong side of the earth mate, why we are having so many problems lol
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
            first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

farking aye bruvha

pricing up bottom end pieces, gonna do it once do it right (3rd time round)
              - Chris

Comment

I made 4 days before disaster struck. Burn em, i swear.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

what are you talking about? I can remember the fb status about stormy doing something didn't think it was heaps major though.

Could be worse mate......$3100 and look like I will have a bottom end that is NEW and built right. along with the necessary pieces to screw the head on tight and with the big cams :)
                  - Chris

Comment

Looks like head, major enough? Cant win whether its BMW or bastardise.

Nice, will be fun when yours is sorted, going to be stupid fast on the track

Comment

fark aye. Thats shit mate. Ported a bit too wildly? give 'er the chemiweld!
                      - Chris

Comment

So in all the twisted conversation you people following at home may not have picked up that I took it to Wakey back in December and broke it....#2 and #3 spun, most mains damaged etc etc.

Alright so:

Replacement Crank (from first engine) ground 0.25mm (10 thou)
                        Manely Rods and ARP2000 Bolts
                        CP 87mm 8.5:1 Pistons
                        GTiR Oil Pump
                        S15 Timing Chain Kit
                        BC Racing Adjustable Cam Gears
                        ARP Head Studs
                        Cosworth 1.1mm Headgasket
                        Block Decked
                        Head Decked, serviced
                        fitting the HKS 264 / 272 cams (In / Ex)
                        HKS Valve Springs
                        Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers
                        ARP Main studs
                        changing turbo to TD06SL2 with 8cm External Gate Housing
                        Cermaic Coating a bunch of shit
                        Changing injectors to Top Feed rail and ID1000s, will also fit my SARD Fuel Reg.

Then full rewire of engine stuff for the DTA S60 Pro Ecu, 3 quart Accusump and Electric Water Pump. Turns out the surging, cutting out, randomness I'd been getting was faulty TPS wiring! So going all new where I can and pissing off as much Nissan shit as possible.

Having gone this far into the SR20 now I am quite unhappy with the decisdion to change away from the BMW engine, but such is life. Not alot I can do now that I've bought all the engine pieces. I am calling this the final engine. After this, if it blows....I'm not really sure where I will go. Probably burn the thing as Glenn has suggested.

now some pics. Everyone loves pics!

Small Fortune:

Ready to tackle this thing head on:

ARP Mainstuds. The latest bout of trouble. Block needs to head back to machinist for Line Boring....SR20 block distorts too much with the extra clamping and the crank locks up :/

If only this was final assembly. Dummy assembly. Cams timed up and checking valve clearences. Also Bolted on the existing turbo and dump to mount the front pipe to the block.

Ready to fit the new turbo and begin dump pipe construction.
                        - Chris

Comment

Alright I am slowly piecing this thing together bit by bit. It's been a long fight, but I'm hanging in there.

Long Block all but nipped up:

Spent Asutralia day throwing together a new turbo oil feed, oil drain (not shown) and doing some work on the coolant lines:

And we also started hanging wires on it for the new ECU:

- Chris

Comment

Looks Sweet. Well good that you confirmed that the M42 was the better engine. I was considering just doing a SR swap instead of rebuilt turbo M42.
                            sigpic

Comment

hm you bother me saying these things. i am close to pulling the trigger on an SR20 conversion into mine, in place of M40 Auto :P

looking at stock blacktop, will just do FMIC, EBC, exhaust and intake when installing it for a touch more power.

mine is a DD though so it best not pop straight away :(

Comment

7k for my built SR and everything you need to put it in your E30. All you'd need to do is wire up an ECU. You could just get an S13 loom and ecu if you want or full standalone....in fact I have most of the flying loom done!

I'm serious if your serious. Yer really.

Bolt it in, wire it up, tune and run it in.

A standard engine will work fine (as long as it's a good one). A built engine will work fine (as long as you don't want too much out of it). But I'm just over the whole thing at the moment. All I want to do is drive the thing around a track.
                                - Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X