Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stormy - New owner, new engine.

Originally posted by Iain View Post
    I support OT when it comes to the ex-Shakey Storm Trooper and its new owner.

Get to it, Barker - WE WANT CHILLY WILLY WE WANT CHILLY WILLY!
    That makes me think of chilli anal lube EEEEK

Ok ok.

So I have been on r3v in the past as OLD323 but went MIA for a while so thought I would start afresh.

The main love in my live is the graphite 323i in my sig which I have had since 2005. I did sell it to Alan (Morerevsm3) for about 1 year inbetween but did the whole "if you want to sell it I get first shot" and bought it back.

I will start a thread about that one later but in short I have done a very un-r3v style conversion of fitting a 1UZ-FE V8.

So having that sick obsession with E30s that some of us share, there are some E30s here in Aus that I would love to own.

One being Shakey Jakes (Streetspec_iS) "Stormy" 318iS.

I had hinted to Jake for some time that if he was ever going to sell the Stormy one that I would always have a home for it.

What some of you may not know is that Jake was in the process of fitting a M50 in there, E30 M3 brakes all round and a few other tweaks.

The time came for Jake to move on so I am the proud new owner of "Stormy" + now have 3 x unfinished E30 projects. Sucker for punishment hey.

The ratty 325i manual is almost back together. This one was an excercise in spending as little as possible and doing things for a laugh.
    Flat grey paint, cheapo second hand springs, vht nightshades for side indicators (this one wasnt getting MHW kinda money) home made short shift kit, second hand momo wheel, random alu gearknob.
    Also something to feed my E30 addiction while the V8 project had numerous delays.

This ratty budget banger was going to be my daily driver but will put it up for sale soon on Australias version of craigs now that the Stormy is mine. After i have some fun with the M20B25, 5 speed 4.27 combo. As much as I love engine swaps, I still have a soft spot for the old M20s. The sound, the nature, that growl at 6500ish.

All of this while I am in the process of a full rebuild on my 1UZ

So now I just have to find the time to drive over 1000 miles to piggy back the Stormy one home.

Look forward to updating the progress as it happens even though it will be slow.

Anyhow, there you go Iain and Chris. :)
    Last edited by DTM190; 11-22-2011, 04:27 AM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
    first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

First

Shakey's Schwartz iS (the one Gorge Road got) and storm trooper were inspirations for me back when I had my red nugget, so I'm stoked Stormy is going to a good home. What happened to the Simmons on it? Definitely want to hear more about the M50 stroker in it, too!

That achtugren (sp?) 323i had a fair old trot too - I remember when you and V went to look at it back when ECCA was turning into E30CCA, then the BHG at DECA and all the drama that followed...
    Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

looks clean man. would love to see the 1uz conversion!

Comment

First

Shakey's Schwartz iS (the one Gorge Road got) and storm trooper were inspirations for me back when I had my red nugget, so I'm stoked Stormy is going to a good home.
        Same, same and same.

What happened to the Simmons on it? Definitely want to hear more about the M50 stroker in it, too!
        Bahaha, I bought the Simmons off Jake about 12 months ago when he first did the E30 M3 brakes.
        Now on the V8 one
        (shopped as the 4x4 pre engineers report stance is criminal and would burn the eyes of r3v members)

That achtugren (sp?) 323i had a fair old trot too - I remember when you and V went to look at it back when ECCA was turning into E30CCA, then the BHG at DECA and all the drama that followed...
        Its Graphite, one shown above. Turned out it was never a BHG and it went to fight on for years, until I ripped it out due to a shashed sump and to do V8 conversion.

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
        looks clean man. would love to see the 1uz conversion!
        Props to Jake for creating such a clean car, I cant take any credit for stormy, well apart from hooking up with some parts over the years :p

Will make a shorter version of the swap from another forum and post up soon.
        Last edited by DTM190; 11-22-2011, 04:28 AM.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Subscribed Fo Sho Doh!

-----------------------------------------------------------
          DAMN WAS THAT ENGRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DTM190 View Post
            Props to Jake for creating such a clean car, I cant take any credit for stormy, well apart from hooking up with some parts over the years :p

Will make a shorter version of the swap from another forum and post up soon.
            sweet. also jealous of your simmons! trying to find them in 5x130 is a pain

Comment

Nice, so they bored it right out as well as the whopping big stroke. Should be a killer engine.

Sub'd
              - Chris
              Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

nice projects dude.

what are these?

8380 Laboratories
                M3 Champs Poster

Comment

E38 stockers painted satin, or its seems to be called now, satan black minus caps

Comment

I approve of this thread.

And the use of "Smoo" (c) Smoodiver Industries LTD.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

So nothing had been done for a long time and I shifted 450kms recently so this car went into storage.
                      Easter weekend came and now I have this car back :)

Yesterday I gave it a quick clean getting rid of the grime so its shiny when I go out and look at it lol.

For a bit of inspiration I had to whack the OZ Futura on the front (17x8.5 et28) to see how it fits and work out what tyre size I am going to run.

Front is perfect but I think I will change to a 3in outer lip on the rears making a 17x9 et22ish

So now I will focus on finishing the M50tu conversion. Have adapted the throttle cable, started on power steer res relocation and airbox fit. Lots of vac lines and stuff to sort so I will be going through the 24v conversion pages trying to work everything out.

Hoping to have running by June, knowing my luck and past experience it will prob be December lol

Comment

Nice to see this is still happening Glenn.

if you ever need a home for the engine/car I'm happy to help
                        - Chris

Comment

Still happening mate, just we had to relocate for the Mrs' work.
                          We had 10 days to find a house, move etc.
                          That was fun with 4 E30s, 3 garage bays worth of parts + tools etc etc.
                          So V8 E30 went to inlaws, this one to Dads, DS sedan sold, and shitty parts car to a friends. I have been E30less for 2.5 months. I feel human again.

I have had thoughts of selling this one and going a little harder on the V8 one but this will make a great daily and nobody would pay what I want so the decision to do it as my daily was easy.

Comment

dont be so sure! i'm struggling to find what i want and keep coming back to having to swap an m/s5x into my brothers alpine 318iS...I really don't want to do that project right now!

however knowing that a certain whie 320 sold for in the region of 15k and it is still 4 lug....leaves me perhaps still short of the mark budget wise...LOL
                            - Chris

Comment

I was going to ask 8-9ish for stormy with all the goods bits but im over the selling it idea, esp after the 1 step forward, 15 steps back shit i have been dealing with

Ports look to have been tickled during the rebuild

So today has been wasted but the more I battle the more determined and motivated I am to get it sorted.

Just sucks living in a place where the only BMW I know of in a wreckers/dismantlers/(cant remember what you US guys call them) is a 318i auto E21.

Ive seen 2 E30s since we moved here. 2.

So I make up 50% of the towns E30 population lol

Comment

Working...
                              X