Yoshi's build thread S52 on 1 bar... kinda

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • shiboujin
    replied
    Next in line for a dyno tune. Car runs good now. Never did take an engine bay pic of it all together together so here you go. Slapped on the coil grounds real quick so I get the best possible grounding. I'm overkilling from stock but whatever. Wiring covers are off for easy diag for meow.



    Chris, my tuner

    Leave a comment:


  • irish44j
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    The car is officially at Moore Automotive here in Fairfax VA. The car did start today but sounded much worse than usual. It was probably flooded but no biggie! I also towed the last of my E30s to it's new owner. Dex is in the hands of others now. I'm stoked!



    This is the first time my driveway has been empty in over a year.
    1. the car is looking great

    2. the empty driveway is screaming for an e30 rallycross build :shock:

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I forget the rates they charge but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Very industry standard. Chris has done MS1/MS2 but my car is the first MS3 he's handling. Tell him yoshi sent ya or something. Get me some brownie points lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • shEck3lls0
    replied
    Yeah. I've talked to chris on the phone twice. He seems pretty cool. And I will be running megasquirt, and all that I needed done is a tune, so hopefully it goes well and he does a good tune for cheap. (semi-broke high schooler talking)

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    They've tuned my car a number of times. As long as all they have to do is tune, it should go quickly. Otherwise, it might take a while. Great service. I love chris (the tuner).

    Leave a comment:


  • shEck3lls0
    replied
    I am taking my car to Moore auto to get it tuned once the turbo build begins. Let me know how their service is.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    woohoo!!

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    The car is officially at Moore Automotive here in Fairfax VA. The car did start today but sounded much worse than usual. It was probably flooded but no biggie! I also towed the last of my E30s to it's new owner. Dex is in the hands of others now. I'm stoked!



    This is the first time my driveway has been empty in over a year.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    A few rich ass back fires shot out chunks of hot cat and got caught in some leaves. Like it was seriously a much bigger fire than I was expecting. At least it wasn't IN my car.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    lol i saw your post on fb, haha i was curious about that cat... but your getting closer!

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    So I sorted out my MS issues, a 10k resistor inline with the crank signal fixed my desync issue. Since nothing was tuned the car backfired a lot. Like huge flames. Then a couple pieces of high flow cat shot out the back and caught some leaves on fire...

    I want to finalize some wires for the gauges, still need to do the front window, and some other stuff but then it goes to the tuner. Maybe this weekend or next. W00t!

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by irish44j
    lol.....gonna be off in time for rally-x?
    Yeah yeah, this weekend then thats it haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • irish44j
    replied
    Originally posted by FunfGan
    Grounded... Ah, the joys of being 17. Parents trust you to build a car, but fail one class and you're grounded ahahah.
    lol.....gonna be off in time for rally-x?

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    butt sex

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    <_< kids
    What are you going to do with us man? :-)

    Leave a comment:

Working...