Yoshi's build thread S52 on 1 bar... kinda

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • shiboujin
    replied
    <_< kids

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    Why not?!
    Grounded... Ah, the joys of being 17. Parents trust you to build a car, but fail one class and you're grounded ahahah.

    Leave a comment:


  • irish44j
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    haha yea def not me. Guy musta had a crush on you.
    he was just jealous of the wrx....:)

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Originally posted by irish44j
    Yeah, the guy looked like you and was going the other way, looked right at me at the stoplight and gave a wave/peace sign. No idea who it was then, lol. He was in a silver 335i, thought maybe you had gotten a new ride. Random...
    haha yea def not me. Guy musta had a crush on you.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnick
    replied
    YEAH SON. doin work. lol cant wait to see it!

    Leave a comment:


  • irish44j
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    Why not?!


    Nope. You can easily tell me in any car I drive because every one has decals in the back window that says 'Free Hugs". Also, I've sold all my other E30s.

    I'm down to:
    Blue 93 F250
    2007 blue impreza
    blue 2000 323i
    blue e30 M3 fake out

    Blue seems to be a theme here...
    Yeah, the guy looked like you and was going the other way, looked right at me at the stoplight and gave a wave/peace sign. No idea who it was then, lol. He was in a silver 335i, thought maybe you had gotten a new ride. Random...

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Originally posted by FunfGan
    :( I won't be there anymore, have fun guys.
    Why not?!

    Originally posted by irish44j
    Yoshi, was that you in the silver late-model 3-series that gave me a wave the other day on Old Keene Mill?
    Nope. You can easily tell me in any car I drive because every one has decals in the back window that says 'Free Hugs". Also, I've sold all my other E30s.

    I'm down to:
    Blue 93 F250
    2007 blue impreza
    blue 2000 323i
    blue e30 M3 fake out

    Blue seems to be a theme here...

    Leave a comment:


  • irish44j
    replied
    Yoshi, was that you in the silver late-model 3-series that gave me a wave the other day on Old Keene Mill?

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    :( I won't be there anymore, have fun guys.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    See you there sir! We are doing a pre party on friday night if you want to come. We can talk E30 nerd.

    Leave a comment:


  • shEck3lls0
    replied
    This thing is coming along! It should be really sweet when done! Can't wait to see it.

    Also, ill be at the event Saturday and paying at the door. See yah there.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Muahaha so it runs now. Dumps fuel like no other but it starts reliably. Even moved under it's own power for 3 feet.

    Basically I'm a moron. I'm going to prefix this with "I was drinking a whiskey when I was doing the wiring". I wasn't wasted, just not 100%. I wired the coils in the incorrect order. I made DAMN sure to number every wire on every connector on every possible place. And I did. Just didn't do it right at the stock BMW harness. When you look at the harness, it has 2 rubber weather strip things that go to the coils. Logically, I wired them from left to right 1 through 6. If I had been smart, I would have followed the wires to the coil connector or read the plastic cover or read the labeling on the wire itself. BMW was smart, the accent colors for the wires are the same as the fuel injectors. EG #6 is purple/brown for the injector and purple/black for the ignition coil. I remember wondering why it didn't line up when I originally wired it. It's because it did and I'm a moron. Here is how it is now wired and how it should have been wired.



    Anyway, still lots of clean up stuff to do before the tuner gets it but I'm hopefully over the hump!

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    So basically everything but the wastegate down pipe is done. The car won't start. It just coughs and backfires now and then. Now and then it'll sound like it wants to catch. I wonder if I need the bip373 external drivers for the coils. I hear mixed things that I do and don't.

    Also, after cranking for like 5 minutes, I blew the 20 amp coil fuse I was using. Why only after a few minutes of cranking? Why not immediately?

    I feel like I'm missing something here. I'm probably going to toss back in the stock exhaust cam to eliminate that as a possible issue. I at least know how to time that one 100%.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I don't run an ICV because I'm lazy and don't mind an 800rpm idle lol.

    Thanks nando. I want this friggen thing running!

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    wiring's looking much better, dude!

    Originally posted by SwiftE30
    hmm. my next project, other than exhaust setup is building my megasquirt system. Planning on going with megasquirt 3 w/ MSX3 for sull sequential, so i guess getting rid of my ICV at that point would be sweet. and yeah im assumign the stock 413 red label wouldnt like not having an ICV. My first ICV was completely stuck when i first started the car and it just completely flood the engine and kill it after about a minute of running.
    why? MS3 can control the M5X's ICV natively. and an ICV can't flood your engine..

    Leave a comment:

Working...