• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mdlimy
    replied
    Originally posted by Perry Wilson View Post
    nice see you copied my angled down plates behind the tower came out good
    Actually in all honesty I haven't seen your bay I don't think, and I definetly haven't seen any other bays with plates in section at an angle, I just thought it would look good and went ahead and did it, really glad I did.
    Post some pics of your bay!

Leave a comment:

• Perry Wilson
    replied
    nice see you copied my angled down plates behind the tower came out good

Leave a comment:

• benyen soljax
    replied
    That engine bay is fresh...to death?

Leave a comment:

• mdlimy
    replied
    thanks dude, really looking forward to getting some work done now and finally get this car out to some shows!

Leave a comment:

• canakami
    replied
    Awesome work here. Love the 5cyl sound and have been watching this thread since the start.

Leave a comment:

• mdlimy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mdlimy
    replied
    Thanks guys!
    Engine bay will be done in a couple days!

Leave a comment:

• RobE30
    replied
    Thinking outside the box, nice job!

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    BRAVO!

So glad this is getting updated again.

Leave a comment:

• benyen soljax
    replied
    That wiring looks clean!

Leave a comment:

• mdlimy
    replied
    you guys are funny =p

You didnt miss much, ill bring you up to speed.

on saturday i cut a bunch more pvc in attempt to figure out the angles needed for the merge collector, a few hours later i started cutting stainless and it all went together, not perfect but definetly good enough.

Last night i removed the dash since i have to weld up some holes on the firewall, and today i got sidetracked by wiring...Removed atleast 50% of the wiring from the front half of the car, all useless **** i wont need(abs, airbag, cruise). Then started laying out harnesses and planning.

I removed the dash to find this....love that old deteriorated hokey tape >.>

some of what i removed

what i ended up with, havent zip tied anything in position yet because i still need to figure out where i am mounting the fuse box, but it is much less cluttered. I removed alot of the silly things like under dash lights, glove box lights etc...

Im not particularly happy with the merge angle on the collector, i doubt it would cause much of an issue with the way it performs but it makes it hard to fit the manifold, i will be making another one.

Leave a comment:

• Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Why the giveup?

Leave a comment:

• TwoJ's
    replied
    Posting to subscribe. Don't give up on updating this thread, I'm interested in the progress.

Leave a comment:

• Chriskbmx
    replied
    this is a crazy cool build. i kinda fooled with the idea of doing a saab 2.0 16v swap. there so cheap to get an easy to build horse power out of.

Leave a comment:

• evandael
    replied
    i'm all about this swap and all the fabrication you're doing to make it work.

please post up more! :up:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X