No announcement yet.

Robbies alpine sedan 5cyl swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car has been running and driving for a little while now, need a stock ecu to replace the war chipped ecu that is setup for a stroker. It runs good but definetly too rich, didn't pass smog and I have a feeling that it will be much quicker once lambda is right.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Comment

quick update, dont expect anyone to care but i would like to keep this all logged ;)

got the stock ecu in the car, runs much better, passed smog/deq with flying colors, transfered title and got new tags, just waiting on insurance and i should be able to start driving it.

havent got much done at all lately. cant put the carpet back in yet because i need to buy another can of carpet dye because it got knocked off my dresser and ruining my bedroom carpet....good way to spend 50 bucks.

Plans to m50 swap, should be picking up an nv m50b25 next week.

Comment

Subscribed. Liking the progress so far!
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

FWIW. we ran our challenge car which has turbocharged on stock Motronic using an Ebay turbo chip, and M30 MAF. We ran a Holset HX35 and before that a small volvo turbo. AFR´s were spot on and ran this way for 4 years

FS:///M-Tech Wallets.
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=224601

Comment

Thanks, although miles off from the setup I will be running.
            I have vems that the car will run speed density on, so no maf, I would never trust my tune to an ebay chip running the stock motronic, in fact I am fairly against running motronic at all for boosted applications, it can work and can be made to work well but I have found best results are had with a real standalone system.

Comment

Originally posted by lostbeachbum View Post
              FWIW. we ran our challenge car which has turbocharged on stock Motronic using an Ebay turbo chip, and M30 MAF. We ran a Holset HX35 and before that a small volvo turbo. AFR´s were spot on and ran this way for 4 years
              I'm going to be doing an almost identical build (using tcd chip, injectors, begi) on my 316i. I've already done it the "right way" and want to see how the "wrong way" feels. There has to be something said for the idle of a stock motronic. Even with the AFM disconected it stil has a perfect idle. Can'r say its easy dialing idle for all conditions on a standalone.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                I'm going to be doing an almost identical build (using tcd chip, injectors, begi) on my 316i. I've already done it the "right way" and want to see how the "wrong way" feels. There has to be something said for the idle of a stock motronic. Even with the AFM disconected it stil has a perfect idle. Can'r say its easy dialing idle for all conditions on a standalone.
                i can respect that. i agree, its tough to get an idle as good as motronic with standalone that is always right no matter what the conditions.

Comment

Did you end up getting the metric blues? I've been running mine with a goetze headgasket on 14lbs of boost for about 15k miles. Can't say enough good things about the durability of the m20. I will eventually switch to ARP studs on the new motor I'm in the middle of building ( fully forged 2.8 bottom end with stock i compression, o ringed, port and poished head, oversized valves, turbo cam, metric mechanic valve springs, and hd rocker) but only because I'm realistically going to go through a couple head gaskets while tuning it to make 450-500 whp. I'm hoping to run it up to 8k rpm but I might need to get the vac rockers for that. I hear really good things about the ireland ones and the x-rays look great on them but not sure if they are up to the task.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

+1 on motronic for moderate boost ;)

Einstein, I'm jealous. That would be so much fun.

Comment

i just ended up going with some new stock headbolts, i read mixed reviews on metric blues and i just didnt like the idea of them, and i was planning to go arp before boost anyways, but i did go with the goetze head gasket instead of the vr, very happy i did that. BUT...plans have changed, just when i was starting learn the m20 and like it, i found a killed deal on a nv m50b25 with the harness, conforti chipped dme, all the accessories, trans and drived shaft for a good price so im gonna grab that this week, if for some reason that falls through maybe ill be back on the m20 train but as far as i can see the m50 is just a better choice all around.
                      But on a side note, the m20 is running great! not a single leak anywhere and it runs strong as hell, even with the lowered compression from having the 885 head with the stock eta pistons it still gets off its ass and moves...for being n/a that is, god i miss boost =[

Comment

VANOS or gtfo

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                        Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Its all about on cam timing. I bet my 316 can spank your e36 any day of the week buddie.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Because it has a snail on it.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                            i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                            Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Vems, full sequential spark that sparks when I tell it to and how much I tell it too lol, vanos loses.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                                Because it has a snail on it.
                                Your a snail

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X