No announcement yet.

Robbies alpine sedan 5cyl swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got all the parts i need, attempted to start the car today but ive got no fuel pump coming on.
    Tested the pump, its ok.
    The car had a unichip installed but im not sure if its all hooked up correctly, could someone tell me if this wiring looks botched?

it looks like its connected to some wires coming out of the ecu but none run down the harness anywhere else and theres a few wires coming out of the unichip plug that arent hooked up. Id like to just do away with the whole thing for now but im not sure if it is part of my reason for no fuel pump.

Comment

Got the car running, ran like shit, pulled the unichip out and rewired the harness back to stock and it runs like a champ, needs an iacv tho.

Today i pulled the seats out and the door panels off and did some cleaning, i am on the hunt for a black capet kit and black door cards and black front m3/vert seats and some late model rear vert seats. But for now, ill clean it all up and leave it.

yuk

could be worse i guess

after some cleaning of the door jams

My girlfriend helped me all day, she cleaned all the seats and door panels, actually did a great job

Also found out my seats are heated, just need to wire them and get some hog rings and reattach the bottoms.

Pulled the ugly seat covers off the rear seats and cleaned them up and installed them, shame about the tear =/ oh well, only temporary till i can find a vert rear seat

Pulled the rear spoiler off and cleaned under neath it, also pulled the tail lights and license plate to have a good wipe down, cleaned in the trunk jam and the inside of the trunk lid

thats all for now

Comment

Good looking build. Makes me want to motivate my turbo project!

For your rear seat you should be looking specifically for a M3 seat as the vert seats
        and much narrower than a coupes seats.

Good Luck!
        1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
          Good looking build. Makes me want to motivate my turbo project!

For your rear seat you should be looking specifically for a M3 seat as the vert seats
          and much narrower than a coupes seats.

Good Luck!
          Thanks, good to know, I've heard the vert seats fit just not too geat, wondering how bad it is. M3 seats will cost me a small fortune unless I can make e36 seats work...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Comment

got the car up in the air tonight and did some steam cleaning, also extracted carpets.

cleaner than it looks in pictures.

Comment

wait steam clean.lol where could i go do that?

im trying to figure out how to clean the bottom of my car without taking everything out.lol
              i have a pressure washer
              so then i can find if there are any leaks

congrats on starting it up..when u doin a donut!?
              m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
              build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
                wait steam clean.lol where could i go do that?

im trying to figure out how to clean the bottom of my car without taking everything out.lol
                i have a pressure washer
                so then i can find if there are any leaks

congrats on starting it up..when u doin a donut!?
                i used to work at a shop so i have access to that stuff ;)

Still waiting on a stock ecu to swap out for the one in the car which has a war chip setup for the old stroker motor the car had, so it runs pretty rich and wont pass deq/smog, so the car wont be on the road till around the 10th, which is ok because it gives me time to work on it.

pulled the carpet out and steam cleaned it in preperation for dying it black

some good old sem trim black for the trim and grille, and valspar vinyl dye which i will use to dye the carpet black and possibly the door cards if it looks right.

also recieved my shift boot and ebrake boot from topgaiter on ebay, they look great and they arrived within 5 days from the uk! we will see how they fit but from what i see so far i would definetly recommend, the price was too good to pass up

Also bought a set of trim rings from a guy here on the forum, forgot his name, at first i thought the temp and fuel guage rings wouldnt fit but they just need to be pushed in very very hard, but they snapped in nice and tight in the end, the speedo and tach need a dab of glue to be held still, no big deal.
                Also painted my needles red.
                Just waiting on my alpina tach strip and some bulbs and batterys for the si board.

Comment

Also bought a set of euro smiley ellips', wont be here for a couple weeks tho, need to order a decent hid kit for it and find a euro grill.

oh shit almost forgot the best part.

trading the alphards of the volvo for a set of 15" bbs rm's =] should have them this week, then they will be stripped, lips polished and hardware and face/barrel power coated.

Need help decided on either silver, white, gold centers... leaning on silver.

Comment

on a white car? GOLD CENTERS ARE MUST FTW!!!!
                    great thread btw, im enjoying it.

Comment

Car looks great dude. Good work!
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Such a good job, enjoying the thread =)

On the RMs I would go for a silver center if staying with the polished lips.
                        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Thanks guys, it should get a bit more intersting soon. I'm not going to stance the car out, it will be low and not have wheel gap but I'm not planning on stretching and poking there for I'm leaning towards silver for a more original look, gold looks great on white but in my opinion it needs some very good fitment to pull it off right.we'll see, I can always change my mind later but for now I'm gonna go with silver.

Comment

picked up the rm's today, he couldnt find the bolts....he says he has them so hopefully he will find them, if not we will have to work something out, bbs hardware is damn expensive.
                            so i got 4 barrels and 7 lips, 3lips in perfect condition polished, 2 lips hardcore rash/bend and 2 with mild rash, i should be able to clean up two of them but im debating buying 2 new lips for the rear wheels....
                            I would appreciate anyone posting pictures of e30s with rm's/rs's that are NOT flush/poking but still lowered ;)

sorry for the shitty phone pics

Comment

Great progress!
                              1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Worth buying the RMs even if they don't come with bolts. Great looking wheels. And I'd go for silver on them. Gold is just too screaming for attention.

When you get it up and running, you'll be glad you got the "i" head on there. Much more fun to drive than an eta.

You're doing an awful lot of work on a car you've never driven. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X