No announcement yet.

Robbies alpine sedan 5cyl swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

op. Why don't you like Rc injectors? also do you know any good places to get 2000cc injectors

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

Originally posted by ogbimmer View Post
      op. Why don't you like Rc injectors? also do you know any good places to get 2000cc injectors
      never could get a steady idle on pump gas on anything larger than an rc750, e85 they worked fine but they didnt like to idle lower than 1000rpm on 92.
      Injector dynamics are simply the best injectors money can buy, and trust me it makes life a hell of a lot easier if you are tuning a car on standalone that requires alot of fuel if you have good injectors.

If you are planning on only running e85 you should be fine with quite a few different brands and types but if you need a 1000+cc injector and are planning on running pump gas you will want something good and in my opinion just do it right the first time.

what the hell do u need 2000cc for anyways?

u can pick up id2000s on ebay but u might want to find a local performance shop that is a dealer.
      id2000s flow about 2200cc at 3bar and are capable of well over 3000cc.

btw when i refer to experience like that its from working at a tuning shop so most that stuff was on turbo honda motors, i have yet to build a motor that needs 1000cc+ injectors, but i know what i will be buying when i do need them

Comment

also just relized this, wont i need the 325i front pully/crank wheel if i am using the 90' 325i engine harness with the one crank position sensor? my crank pully doesnt have teeth on it, just smooth with one hole in it, maybe this is correct and im thinking of an edis wheel....

Comment

I plan to boost up to 2.5 bar on a e85 3.2 m50 lol. I have 1000 but dont think it will be enough haha

Comment

I plan to boost up to 2.5 bar on a e85 3.2 m50 lol. I have 1000 but dont think it will be enough haha
            what size turbo? engine managment? shouldnt be a problem doing that with e85, its magical stuff

Comment

Originally posted by mdlimy View Post
              also just relized this, wont i need the 325i front pully/crank wheel if i am using the 90' 325i engine harness with the one crank position sensor? my crank pully doesnt have teeth on it, just smooth with one hole in it, maybe this is correct and im thinking of an edis wheel....
              That's one of those things everyone forgets to mention during the swap.

You will need the "i" trigger wheel

Comment

Originally posted by mdlimy View Post
                what size turbo? engine managment? shouldnt be a problem doing that with e85, its magical stuff
                78mm borg warner. I have a ms3 I will be running it with.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                  That's one of those things everyone forgets to mention during the swap.

You will need the "i" trigger wheel
                  Damn it

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Comment

78mm borg warner. I have a ms3 I will be running it with.
                    Mmmm sounds like fun =)

Comment

it comes off with a 13mm socket. go grab one for like 10 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                        it comes off with a 13mm socket. go grab one for like 10 bucks.
                        No jy around here have an I, only e's =(
                        ill have to look around a bit harder.
                        Update when I get home, head is on the car.

Comment

Had the machine shop pressure test the 885 head today, no cracks, exhaust valves got a recut and the deck got machined flat and valve seals installed, dropped it off in the morning and picked it up after work and started assembling it and working on the car.

nice clean FLAT surface for the headgasket

yanked the head off the b27, its pretty nasty, quite a bit of carbon build up, ive seen much worse but it is no wonder the exhaust valves werent sealing

So i scrapped the carbon build up off all the pistons and scotch brighted them with some wd40 to get them clean, 10minutes later and they all looked much better

cleaned the deck the best i could, its definetly flat and pretty damn clean so im confident i will get a good seal with the hg

I bought a goatze headgasket instead of using the pos vr one from the kit i bought, very happy i spent the 30 bucks and picked this up, it looks a million times better quality than the victor rienz....and it smells of fish

Set the head on

didnt have the torque specs for the head with me so i started putting the headers on, then called it a night, ill finish tommorow.

Comment

anyone opposed to the factory torque specs? they are E-torx head bolts, so just 30nm then 90* and another 90*, anyone retorquing after heat cycle? Im assuming i use the washers off the old hex style head bolts...correct?

Comment

wow this forum sure is dead, oh well just need a place to post my build for now so ill keep posting away haha.

Picked up a trigger wheel today thanks to a local dude which i think i might be hitting up for some more parts if i cant find them at the jy tommorow.

still need some hoses, waterpump pully, crank sensor bracket, alternator and ps brackets, it sucks not knowing what shit i need and just having to find out as i go along.

Torqued the head down today, adjust valves and put the valve cover on, installed new timing components also.
                              tightened up the headers and put the trigger wheel on.
                              here is where i left off =/

Comment

coming together nice bruh

i dont know anything about torque specs under the hood....i actually am lost under the hood. im re-building my motor this winter with a local who is willing to teach me so im looking forward to that.

and theres gotta be some kinda jy around u who can ship to another yard for cheap or something! thats rough not having any i's near u
                                m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                                build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Working...
                                X