The no longer luxorbeige or eta e30 revival - sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
    If that scratch is hurting my feelings, I can't imagine how much it bummed you out. Are you going to get it filled?
    I'll probably just use a brush to dab paint a into the scratch and then polish the area to smooth it out.

Maybe I should take it to a body shop and see if they have any better suggestions.

Comment

I'm trying to find a shop to align my car. I have a string alignment setup, but I prefer to use it to make minor adjustments, not for a scratch alignment, and I haven't had a proper alignment since the coilovers/e36rack/camberplates, and I don't feel like spending a few hours doing it myself.

Finding someone to handle the alignment is frustrating. I called one shop and asked if they could fit me in for an alignment, they asked what kind of car, I said 87 bmw 32.... and got cut off by a 'no'. Ok... I'm not going to argue.

Next shop didn't do alignments. I know shops that don't do alignments in house usually farm their work out to a shop that does that they have a relationship with. I asked him if he could recommend anybody. He said 'honestly, no. The last car we sent to the shop we normally work with had a tech who didn't know to pull the pins out of the turn plates first.' Yikes.

Even the e30 owners I know nearby have had trouble finding shops to do alignments. I used to be the alignment guy at the dealership I worked at years ago, and honestly, do not understand why it seems to be such a difficult service to get done properly.

Update: I asked a shop if they do alignments. He said yes. I asked how much. He said $79.99... wait, what type of car? I said 87 bmw 325, the rear is not adjustable, it only needs front toe and camber adjusted. He said oh, 89.99. WTF? Did he only hear BMW and think $$$?
      Last edited by Andy.B; 10-03-2014, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Take it to a Ford dealership, I paid 50.00 to do my brothers...you can honestly do it yourself.
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
          Take it to a Ford dealership, I paid 50.00 to do my brothers...you can honestly do it yourself.
          I know I can. I often do. However, I pulled a muscle in my leg, and don't feel like setting everything up and crawling around for an hour.

Comment

love that color. What happened with the late model rear valence? Still planning on doing that? I have been trying to get mind done, but the stupid giant muffler has been preventing me from doing it because its in the way. I think Im going to hack it off this weekend and weld on my valence.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I have the valance, I've just been too busy with my gf's e30 to take on that job. I will get to in the spring.

I got it in at a shop, and they are not getting it. I told them how to adjust the camber plates, went out and showed them how to adjust it, and the guy finally managed to move it a half a degree. I have to be at work, so I just told him fine, set the toe and wrap it up. I guess I'll be re doing it with the old fashioned string method later.

This is why I do all my own work.

F34R was right. I shouldn't have bothered.

Comment

A deer just dove into the side of my car while driving down the highway home from work. It blew out the side window, scratched up the side of the car and quarter panel, and dented the c-pillar pretty good.

There goes my fresh paint job. I'll probably end up with a salvage title after this.

Now I'm just sitting here waiting for the trooper to show up.

Edit: pic of the damage

Last edited by Andy.B; 05-15-2015, 04:12 AM.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

WHAT! NOOO THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL! :hitler: :hitler: :hitler: :hitler:

Comment

I got an estimate from a nearby shop where the guy specializes in euro car restoration. His quick guess was under 1k to straighten out the panel and blend the paint, which is less than I expected. Now I have to wait for the insurance company to send out their inspector to hear their lowball offer. Hopefully I can get this resolved and the car patched back up soon.

Comment

Well, it took a while to finally put aside time to bring my car in for the body work. The guy did an incredible job, and I couldn't be happier. I also took the opportunity to rebuild the brakes, do a quick tune up, and lower the suspension for the summer. I can't help but grin every time I drive this car.

Comment

Good looking car.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Just read your whole thread, it's very inspiring.
                            I love the transformation it has gone through!
                            I love the paint! Didn't think I would until I saw the 'after' pics, but DAMN it looks nice!!
                            Thanks for sharing
                            '93 300TE 24V Krautbomber
                            '84 528e 5 speed Saphirblau Metallic [R.I.P.]

I love all BMWs with round headlights!

Comment

Very nice car. I like the color. I find that the more good paint jobs I see on E30s the less I want to re-do mine in black.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                              X