Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    Your pedals look wonky as fuck?
    I need to do something about the gas pedal, I had to mount it oddly to clear the trans tunnel to get full travel out of it. The brake pedal is stock, the clutch pedal just looks weird because it's about 2" further forward than the other 2. As well as cleaning up that mess of wiring, I'm floor mounting the clutch and hopefully doing the same for the throttle pedal. Please keep in mind I've been home a total of about a week or less when it's been driving, so I could care less how much of a piece it looks hahah.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

So I hear your not going to drift this now? Man up

Comment

Originally posted by Podge View Post
        So I hear your not going to drift this now? Man up
        It's just not worth it, there's no point in trying to learn in a 2300lb, ~400ft/lbs car that doesn't even belong to me. I definitely want to slide, it's just not worth it to me for it to be this thing. Maybe when I have another big project, yeah, but for right now I'm happy with parking lots and driving fast, you know?

Go here be happy!

Comment

So trimming down the clutch fork will allow the gas pedal to stay in it's og location since more hammering isn't necessary on the tunnel?

Where did you get your overflow? How much?
          Current Moneypits: e36 m3/4/5 Turbo Techno
          1961 Cadillac deVille bagged -
          IG @bryang513

Comment

You can use the stick expansion tank also. Tie a line into anywhere after the wp(i used the return line to the rad. Prob should use a line tied into the intake mani tho) and t off that down to the heater outlet on the wp.

Also Knowing him he got it thru summit
            Last edited by eurotrash; 10-26-2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ballski View Post
              So trimming down the clutch fork will allow the gas pedal to stay in it's og location since more hammering isn't necessary on the tunnel?

Where did you get your overflow? How much?
              Overflows: http://www.summitracing.com/search?k...overflow&dds=1

And yep, trimmed mine down and didn't have any issues in that part of the tunnel.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
                It's just not worth it, there's no point in trying to learn in a 2300lb, ~400ft/lbs car that doesn't even belong to me. I definitely want to slide, it's just not worth it to me for it to be this thing. Maybe when I have another big project, yeah, but for right now I'm happy with parking lots and driving fast, you know?
                What do you mean not yours?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                  What do you mean not yours?
                  I mean I didn't pay for all of it, nor is it in my name. I thnk said that before, I try to make sure I don't make it sound like I pay for all of this, or deserve any of it. My parents, father especially, is the one who got me into cars and has helped me immensely with this project.

I believe this is what derailed the last thread, actually. When I said the same thing and was then attacked by various people.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Oh, I didn't know that.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                      Oh, I didn't know that.
                      Didn't mean to sound like it should be obvious, if that's how I came off haha. I'm just making the point, I'm not trying to act like it's completely mine when it's not.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
                        Overflows: http://www.summitracing.com/search?k...overflow&dds=1

And yep, trimmed mine down and didn't have any issues in that part of the tunnel.
                        awesome, do you have any pics of it trimmed down?

And before I buy a bunch of shit, is there any way to run the exhaust without wrapping the driver's side around the front of the motor?
                        Current Moneypits: e36 m3/4/5 Turbo Techno
                        1961 Cadillac deVille bagged -
                        IG @bryang513

Comment

Originally posted by ballski View Post
                          awesome, do you have any pics of it trimmed down?

And before I buy a bunch of shit, is there any way to run the exhaust without wrapping the driver's side around the front of the motor?
                          From what I have seen, no. Everyone seems to do it that way. You could possibly make a custom header like Jake did in blunt's e12 though.

Comment

You can buy a long tube and reroute a runner or get blockhuggers and prob also do at least 1 custom runner. If i had to do the swap again thats prob what id do.

Fun did you ever test out those muffler insert things?

Comment

Also. I saw a set of supposedly ready to run blockhuggers in the classified. I think he wanted $350 plus shipping. Im 600 into wrapping mine around the front and the ovalized piping on mine. So its a good deal.

Comment

Some small updates,

Tried to take video, I failed. It was on the timer setting.

Started cleaning up the bay a little,

Got sick of air/ noise/ exhaust coming in from the shifter console/ hole, so I put a small rubber gasket in it and threw on the boot that came with the car,

Then put the door cards in, I didn't find the door pulls until late yesterday, but you know what they look like.

from,

To

Put the top bracket back on to keep the radiator more still, working on a temporary shield to help direct air.

A lot of people have been asking about wheel fitment and such, so here's some better pics. Wheels are effectively(20mm spacers) 15x8 +5, with 225/45 RS3's. Hard roll and pull in front, same for rear. Pics came out really weird for some reason, these are raw pics so sorry about the lighting.

Started cleaning up the surface rust in the trunk due to the leaks, will be painted black soon.

And some random pics, the last is from my buddy Miller, and that's me performing gymnastics in the car getting the brakes pedal on. Some bigger updates in the coming days.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X