X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    This is the exact kit I bought, from the same seller.

That one on summit looks about right. It's not likely it would have an ID that's too small, 51mm is 2", worst that can happen is that it's a little too big and fits loose. The honda kit comes with these little beveled rings that you use to keep the sleeve centered, since it fits a little loose. So you cut it a little too short then use the beveled ring to wedge it in place and keep it centered when you tighten the gland nut down.
    Yeah, maybe its better to go with that Honda kit if it's of good quality. I am having trouble seeing how the sleeve from summit maintains its position. Thanks for linking me!

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    This is the exact kit I bought, from the same seller.

That one on summit looks about right. It's not likely it would have an ID that's too small, 51mm is 2", worst that can happen is that it's a little too big and fits loose. The honda kit comes with these little beveled rings that you use to keep the sleeve centered, since it fits a little loose. So you cut it a little too short then use the beveled ring to wedge it in place and keep it centered when you tighten the gland nut down.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Could I just get something like this?
    Free Shipping - Allstar Performance Coilover Sleeves with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Coilover Sleeves at Summit Racing.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    I got mine on ebay, it was like $60 for a "coilover kit" for a Honda, that came with 4 useless springs and 4 adjuster sleeves (jam nut not pinch bolt type, but they work fine). Cut them down and make them fit.

Bummer about the radiator. I was searching for info about those Mishimoto radiators, since they look so trick and seemed to be high quality when I had handled them. I kept hearing about people having the same issues. I'm going to go with the Z3M rad based on it.
    Thanks! I was just looking into those, but how do I know if they'll be the proper diameter? They aren't listing any specs anywhere haha Do certain Hondas hace 51mm strut housings as well?

Yeah, the only good thing about mishimoto is their warranty and even then you have to pay shipping for the new radiator. Z3M is a much better option! It has been performing just as well as the mishimoto did.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    I got mine on ebay, it was like $60 for a "coilover kit" for a Honda, that came with 4 useless springs and 4 adjuster sleeves (jam nut not pinch bolt type, but they work fine). Cut them down and make them fit.

Bummer about the radiator. I was searching for info about those Mishimoto radiators, since they look so trick and seemed to be high quality when I had handled them. I kept hearing about people having the same issues. I'm going to go with the Z3M rad based on it.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Can someone direct me to where I can find coilover sleeves and adjusters for the front strut housings?
    Ground control won't sell me any separately.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    I didnt tighten them down all the way, so I'll be doing that

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    weird.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus View Post
    did either of you put rtv down on the vanos seam and the half-moons at the back of the valve cover while putting on the gasket? cause you're supposed to...
    I did too

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus View Post
    did either of you put rtv down on the vanos seam and the half-moons at the back of the valve cover while putting on the gasket? cause you're supposed to...
    Yes, I did. I incorrectly tightened them. I redid it yesterday and bottomed them out in the right pattern. So we will see if that works.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Sorry, just checked. My OBD1 is also an elring, but I have a VR right now on the OBD2 valvecover. I plan to do another round of tightening them down also because the tech who was allowing me to do the VCG at his shop told me it didnt need to be torqued down very much.

edit: How many miles have you put on your swap so far?
    Yeah, they only require 89 inch-lb or 10 NM I think it is. I'm not sure how much that really is without a torque wrench that goes that low.

EDIT: I'm reading that it's best to just bottom out the nuts. So just tighten until they stop turning and stop.. Not what I did.

My odometer doesn't work, so a rough estimate would be maybe 20-25k. I don't have to drive very far for work or school.
    Last edited by craiggroves91; 10-11-2016, 04:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by craiggroves91 View Post
    I replace mine with Elring hoping it was VictorReinz's fault as well. I may try to tighten them the nuts in a different pattern to see if that helps. Next step would be an OBD1 cover...Not sure how much those run for.
    Sorry, just checked. My OBD1 is also an elring, but I have a VR right now on the OBD2 valvecover. I plan to do another round of tightening them down also because the tech who was allowing me to do the VCG at his shop told me it didnt need to be torqued down very much.

edit: How many miles have you put on your swap so far?

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I just replaced mine and its still leaking too. Thought I could blame it on being a VictorReinz, but now Im wondering if the plastic cover got warped. Ive been lagging on installing my OBD1 metal cover on. I have a Goetze gasket for it too, so I should probably ramp that up...
    I replaced mine with Elring hoping it was VictorReinz's fault as well. I may try to tighten the nuts in a different pattern to see if that helps. Next step would be an OBD1 cover...Not sure how much those run for.
    Last edited by craiggroves91; 10-11-2016, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by craiggroves91 View Post
    Replaced the VC gasket yesterday since it was leaking. Hard to tell so soon but it mights still be leaking...not sure why. Could be a warped Valve cover
    I just replaced mine and its still leaking too. Thought I could blame it on being a VictorReinz, but now Im wondering if the plastic cover got warped. Ive been lagging on installing my OBD1 metal cover on. I have a Goetze gasket for it too, so I should probably ramp that up...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X