No announcement yet.

Scum class 318 + Mtech + vortech v2 + unicorns - vortech + Turrrrbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy. Gonna be fast. Is the ABS module deleted? Can't tell in the pics.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
      Crazy. Gonna be fast. Is the ABS module deleted? Can't tell in the pics.

It's an 84 318i so it never came with ABS. And drum brakes.

Poverty spec ftw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Small update, swapping in an e46 steering rack from rackdoctor

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
          Small update, swapping in an e46 steering rack from rackdoctor
          Excellent build you have going. Really inspiring!!

Great choice on the steering rack. I just did the same one a week ago. e46 330 rack from rackdoctor. The car feels awesome!!
          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
          Shadetree30

Comment

I absolutely love those wheels

Comment

I got a lot of shit done. I haven't been too good about taking pics.

I've mounted the intercooler and heat exchanger, made brackets to relocate the coolant exp. tank and power steering res.

I finished up steering rack swap, I didn't realize it but I actually had the euro steering coupler, which doesn't have the shear joint like US steering couplers. So the e30tech spacer kit was useless to me. I ended up using a large flat washer in place of the rag joint in order to shorten it.

Most of what's left to do is wiring.

Anyone know where I can easily pull power that's switched when the engine is running? I want to wire the electric water pump so it turns on when the engine is running.

Here are some pics of my latest project: adding a fuel pressure gauge to the schrader valve on the obd2 fuel rail

Comment

Getting there...

One coupler I bought is slightly under 3.5" even though it should be 3.5 and I'm having a hell of a time trying to get it to fit. Last piece if the puzzle.

Comment

Mtech 1 beeld [Highest HP supercharged stock S52 *507whp*]

Steering problems

Sounds like a bad pump right? Guess again.

I swapped out the pump. Same noise. High pressure line is brand new.

Noise started after driving from LA to SF at high rpm.

The ATF in the reservoir is slightly frothy. Any ideas?
                  Air getting in the system somewhere?

I'm tossing around the idea of running an electric steering pump to eliminate all these damn ATF leaks.
                  Last edited by pandaboo911; 07-06-2015, 03:11 AM.

Comment

So I just found the supply line was kinked at the reservoir and preventing fluid from reaching the pump causing the cavitation. Super happy that it's not the rack.

Still leaks ATF everywhere though despite using all new crush washers :/

Still have all sorts of problems popping up though. My AEM fuel pressure reg can't get the pressure below 55psi and its running rich. It won't coast properly, hesitates jumping between idle and off idle.

The PCV system isn't getting a proper vacuum because the vacuum port on the intake is badly placed, so I'm getting oil smoke blowing out of the oil fill cap while it's closed.
                    Last edited by pandaboo911; 07-06-2015, 09:21 PM.

Comment

man i want to supercharge my car now.

how are these motors when it comes to reliability after being FI'd

Comment

Originally posted by XwalkerX View Post
                        man i want to supercharge my car now.

how are these motors when it comes to reliability after being FI'd
                        between my s52 and my brother's 600whp turbo s52, I'd say they're just about the best stock BMW engine for boost, especially since they are so cheap these days. The s52 is one of the last good engines made before things got real complicated with electronics. They get a bad rep because they are just bored out m50s with a hot cam, which is true, but that's exactly why they are good for boost. Simplicity and reliability

M20s and M30s are no doubt awesome engines to boost as well, but they are dated. You'd need cams, bigger rockers, perhaps even a special headgasket. All stuff you don't need on an s52.

The only thing I've done to my s52 is put in ARP head studs and a new OEM headgasket. No o-ringing, just a new gasket. The s52 is not a highly strung engine, unlike the european versions, which are pretty unreliable in comparison.

The s52 doesn't have problems with bearing wear or cylinder wall coatings like some other bmw engines (s54, m60). The only real issue is the VANOS, but that's easy and cheap to rebuild. And the oil pump nut backing off, but once you loctite that sucker it's fixed.

If an s52 is out of your budget the next best motor would probably be the m30, but then you're stuck with rocker arms and 12 valves

Comment

lol man you are really convincing thats for sure.

i already have an s52 car that im currently content with...for how long though...we shall see...

Comment

lol man you are really convincing thats for sure.

i already have an s52 car that im currently content with...for how long though...we shall see...

Once you get behind the wheel and get the surge of 600 hp spooling up, that's all the convincing you'll ever need.

My first though was: "I need this. Why don't I have this? I'm getting this"
                            Haha
                            Last edited by pandaboo911; 07-06-2015, 11:20 PM.

Comment

true but im really trying not to tie up another 4-6k into this car

Comment

true but im really trying not to tie up another 4-6k into this car

Yeah then look the other way. I never really got bored of the s52 when it was NA. It made a really nice DD.

Comment

Working...
                                X