S38 turbo e30 Hartge H35-24 H bomb

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta
    The ball joints don’t press out. But Dorman makes some reasonably priced ones I’ve had good luck with. BMWCCA CR actually require you to replace them I think every 2 years on race cars as they are known to break with a lot of use.
    Thanks.
    I found out on Monday I could not press them out. I’m probably going to order oem ones.

    I’m cut and welding my exhaust piping today.

    Leave a comment:


  • moatilliatta
    replied
    The ball joints don’t press out. But Dorman makes some reasonably priced ones I’ve had good luck with. BMWCCA CR actually require you to replace them I think every 2 years on race cars as they are known to break with a lot of use.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I bought some used aluminum control arms for 100 bucks. I going to have the ball joints pressed out. If they crack. Buy new ones for $$$$. Click image for larger version

Name:	A4CF5DD3-DF56-438E-882A-4999947253AE.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	10068879

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern
    I like the idea of the garagistic aluminum CABs but I've heard a few people can't get the bolts to line up
    They are right about lining up. I had to hand tighten. Then I used a ratchet on it. I slowly tighten it up. It bolted up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    I like the idea of the garagistic aluminum CABs but I've heard a few people can't get the bolts to line up

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I been working on the down pipe. I had to order some Garagistic control bushes. I need to make sure I have room for aluminum Mason X brace.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EB48A530-F22F-4AE1-B1D3-A79C9755C484.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	10068506

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I been working on the down pipe. I had to order some Garagistic control bushes. I need to make sure I have room for aluminum Mason X brace.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	37846EA5-F544-44F3-B296-CFA2E667A251.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	10066105 I ordered a 4 gauge 4x52 for e30. I want to order oil pressure and temp.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta
    All the goodies. Thought about doing a Milspec engine harness with a higher tier standalone? I’ve had to do a lot of work on a restoring old harness recently. Something to match the build? :)
    Yes goodie’s.
    I been reading on your build. Keep up with the awesome work!!

    Leave a comment:


  • moatilliatta
    replied
    All the goodies. Thought about doing a Milspec engine harness with a higher tier standalone? I’ve had to do a lot of work on a restoring old harness recently. Something to match the build? :)

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Here is what I’m adding to pedals.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FD5EE1CA-A0A0-4C70-905D-C78D0D32D043.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	10063749

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I like how it came out.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I been cleaning carpet. I decided to darken the carpet. Click image for larger version

Name:	A5435CCF-DC65-4681-A422-1EDC42517F27.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	10061966

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Garrick2007

    This is how mine came out lol, such a long process as it was my 1st time using bondo in general. I haven't lived with it yet as im doing an overall project on the car but its just about complete but I believe I like how it came out
    You know the process…😅 I’m pleased how it came out on mine. It had 19 cracks. If I find a e30 dash with one or two cracks it will be a piece a cake.

    Do you a pic of your dash?

    I ben cleaning carpet to paint graphite on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by 2002jm
    This is such a nice build; on another note what is happening to your hartge cars?
    thanks,
    jm
    Hi John.
    Thanks…
    still have the other projects.
    On H23 cam I’m not sure what size they used. I would have to look into it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...