Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
    if you can find time. post pics of the 5 series seat mounting in the e30
    Will do, I'm pretty curious to see how they are mounted and how they are wired. Those seats are for sale I guess as well if anybody would like to buy them, I have no idea what they are worth though.
    Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

Originally posted by dillon7 View Post
      finally getting rid of those stupid huge seats I have and upgrading to some awesome sports seats!

Can't wait to get home and swap them in, along with that other thing....the um....oh ya s50
      Can I get these seats from you?

Sent from my GS4 Active
      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post

Sent from my GS4 Active
        hes not selling these. OP is selling e39 five series seats that apparently bolt into an e30

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Sent from my GS4 Active
          hes not selling these. OP is selling e39 five series seats that apparently bolt into an e30
          This ^^

You should buy them ;D

Build thread HERE

Comment

Ok my bad....straight bolt in? He sure about that? ?

Sent from my GS4 Active

Comment

Ok my bad....straight bolt in? He sure about that? ?

Sent from my GS4 Active
              I mean they are in the car...how? I have no idea...But they are bolted in and work. I'm guessing the PO modified an e30 seat rail to fit them. I would sell the seat rail along with the seats.

Build thread HERE

Comment

I mean they are in the car...how? I have no idea...But they are bolted in and work. I'm guessing the PO modified an e30 seat rail to fit them. I would sell the seat rail along with the seats.

Man, these seats look fucking huge in the e30..lol..Yes he probably modified the rail for sure

Sent from my GS4 Active

Comment

Man, these seats look fucking huge in the e30..lol..Yes he probably modified the rail for sure

Sent from my GS4 Active
                  haha ya they are pretty big. They are hella comfy though. I feel like they would be much better in a sedan.

Build thread HERE

Comment

haha ya they are pretty big. They are hella comfy though. I feel like they would be much better in a sedan.
                    Speaking of, I have a 4dr ix and I was in Atlanta a few weeks ago and a someone posted pictures of an e24 interior in cardinal red which is the same color I have in my e30..went to check them out and decided not to get them, they were too big..I'm still searching for cardinal red front seats
                    Here's a pics of the seats from the e24

Sent from my GS4 Active

Comment

Since my steering rack is junk and I need a new one I figured I might as well do the e36 rack swap while I have the engine out. I've got everything I need for the swap except for the e36 rack itself..I've been looking on ebay and found this "brand new" rack, it's the price I'm looking for just kind of nervous since I'm guessing it's not oem. Any feedback or ideas? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-SERIES...-/290530259899

or this one?

Last edited by dillon7; 09-15-2013, 06:22 PM.

Build thread HERE

Comment

ok so did a little more research and went with this rebuilt rack

Did this for two reasons.

1. they got excellent reviews (way better than ebay)

2. Right in the price range I was looking for

3. The shop is 4 hours away from me so shipping will be fast.

I also ordered the AKG kit for the swap so now I have everything good to go. I'm not replacing power steering hoses or reservoir yet, just going to see how this does first.

The transmission bracket arrived last week at my house and the engine wiring adapter is getting shipped out tomorrow so needless to say I'm pretty excited that it has all come together.

It's going to be quite a weekend with the rack and engine swap, pretty stoked though!

Build thread HERE

Comment

bad aaaaaaaaaaassss

Comment

FINALLY GETTING SOME UPDATES

This week I have been dreaming of this weekend to come so I can finally work on the car. I was sitting in my dorm being a good college student looking at car parts when I got the greatest email of my life. I have one class on friday holding me back from coming home but at last my teacher emailed me and said class was cancelled enjoy your weekend! You know what that means right? Coming home Thursday night and starting my weekend early

Ok, on to the good stuff.

I got home and got to work immediately with my Dad (without him this would all be impossible or at least really slow so thanks Dad). Got all the stupid heat shields in front of the driveshaft off and then proceeded to pull and yank of the driveshaft and still not get it off :hitler:
                            Took a break from that and got the shifter linkage undone and little random wires and sensors off to get to the point where the driveshaft was the only thing attached.
                            We decided to lift the engine a little to get the DS out and just make life easier until we tried to figure out where to hook up the engine hoist. The front was easy of course but getting to the mounting point on the rear of the block was a PITA so we wrapped a strap around the intake manifold instead. Worked like a charm, raised the engine a little and got the DS out. Engine came out smoothly after that and we were good to go.

Pushed the car outside so now it's ready to get all cleaned up and degreased.

Next was getting the flywheel out. Of course the transmission had those torque bolts instead of regular ones and there were two different sized bolts. We thought there was no way that out of the 3 torque sockets we had that we would have the right now. Well guess who's lucky day it was? Mine! Had the right two sizes and the transmission came off with a breeze. Got the clutch out and then the flywheel so we are smooth sailing from here.

random clutch pic

There is way too much good news so far in this update for a 27 year old car so time to hit you with the bad stuff.

Couple pieces on the DS are shot so those will need replacing.

Also the transmission had some oil in it so guessing I have a bad seal in there somewhere. I'm taking it to my Dad's shop to have it looked at a little more.

That's it for tonight. Tomorrow I have a lot more work to do and plenty of updates.

The current state of the garage is this.

And the mystery brown box surprise for tomorrow. (it's not exciting I just thought I would add some spice to the story)

Thanks for reading and STAY TUNED BECAUSE THINGS ARE ACTUALLY GETTING EXCITING!

Build thread HERE

Comment

I have that same box in my room lol

Originally posted by yert315
                              Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman View Post
                                I have that same box in my room lol
                                haha guess it's no surprise what it is then.

Woke up this morning and immedietly went to open my boxes, kind of like christmas haha.

First up is the "surprise". Rebuilt e36 rack. It's just so so clean.

Got the AKG kit so it will all fit.

Next up is the new Trans brace with condor mounts built by GunMetalGrey himself. Excellent quality, couldn't be happier.

Last but certainly not least is the most important the I bought, the engine wiring harness adapter. Andrew325is built it for me and he did an excellent job, I definitely recommend him to anybody here. He has everything labeled for me which is great because I absolutely suck at anything that has to do with wiring.

Ok time to stop being lazy and get off the computer and get to work.

Build thread HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X