• Show
Clear All

so good.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by 325islandhopper View Post
      so good.
      thanks man!

I have some original smoked euro smileys for sale! Buy up!

Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

What's up guys.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been very busy with a new sort of project.

About a month ago my Dad bought a metal building that was a warehouse which we are turning into a shop. Since it was a warehouse it's quite dirty and needs a lot of fixing and TLC before we can get the shop rolling. So, I've been busy fixing it up and building stuff for the building and what non. In the meantime, I've bought four e30s to either part out or fix and sell. If you need parts check out my thread, http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=327872

The shop is coming along well and I'll try to get some pics up of all we have done so far and what is to come. Metal walls, AC/Heat, and drywall for the office are all going up this week so it should be pretty busy!

Build thread HERE

Comment

aye buy this car I have for sale

Build thread HERE

Comment

^ you should bag that one too lol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              ^ you should bag that one too lol
              lol I have to sell this one to make money to bag more cars. Next is a 2002 or a 1949 chevy pickup

Build thread HERE

Comment

that was great work.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pilotskillse30 View Post
                  that was great work.
                  thank you sir

Build thread HERE

Comment

Still been really busy working on the shop but I finally got around to taking some pictures of the place last week and I'm just now uploading them.

Here is the building itself. It's about a 20 year old metal building that was being used as a warehouse.

building (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

It's divided into two sections. The front section was refinished a couple years ago and is smaller than the back section. It has an office area that wasn't quite complete so this past week I have been doing all of the dry wall work on it. On top of the office used to be a storage room but we tore it down and built a railing around the top so we could store parts and stuff up there.

Office (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

inside office (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

front room (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

Here is the back room. It was never really finished so this week all the metal paneling is going up. A lot of the insulation was damaged so I've spent the last two weeks fixing that when I have a little free time.

back room (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

Around the side has a nice covered area that I have been using to park all the e30s. I have three that I am parting and and one that I fixed and am selling. It's in the process of being paved right now and will hopefully be finished by the end of the week depending on the weather.

paving (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

All in all everything is going great. I haven't worked on cars much but I have learned a lot about construction which is always good to know. I have my first customer job this week doing a 5 speed swap which is pretty exciting to finally get the ball rolling.

In case you don't want to see pics of the shop here is a pic of the bmw to keep your interest.

BMW on the driveway (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr
                    Last edited by dillon7; 07-27-2014, 05:13 PM.

Build thread HERE

Comment

^^ I wish more than one picture worked :( Car looks amazing in that one pic though!

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                        ^^ I wish more than one picture worked :( Car looks amazing in that one pic though!
                        and I successfully deleted all the pics in my build thread.....fuck

Build thread HERE

Comment

Originally posted by dillon7 View Post
                          and I successfully deleted all the pics in my build thread.....fuck
                          Was just gonna comment on this. Scrolling through til right before the bag work started it was all clear, then a hop, skip, and a jump later over broken photos and the car was complete haha. Car looks great though man.

SamHurly on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Heyrr View Post
                            Was just gonna comment on this. Scrolling through til right before the bag work started it was all clear, then a hop, skip, and a jump later over broken photos and the car was complete haha. Car looks great though man.
                            Yeah I was trying to organize my flickr and accidentally deleted them all...I'm not going to do anything to the car for a while so I might just start a new build page for round two.

Build thread HERE

Comment

Fixed the shop photos but it will be a while til I fix the others, I lost a lot of them because I got a new computer. I'll just start another build thread for the whole shop including my cars.

Build thread HERE

Comment

Dude that shop is awesome. Exactly what I'm going to try to out together with some friends once I graduate.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X