No announcement yet.

Project Neil1138. Adventures of the Cream Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds great man, So far one of my fav builds. really awesome photography I might add.
    DESTROY GARAGE
    S T R E E T S T Y L E

@CRISMACSTUDIO

FREE SHELL, COME GET IT!

Comment

Tucked the wiring (still waiting on the 318/m3 harness covers), bled the cooling system and all of that shenanigans. Car developed a weird idle, almost like a severe vacuum leak. I disconnected the evap purge valve electrical connector at the advice of a friend and sure enough, car runs perfectly again. Not sure what's going on there but I need to look into it. I'm using the stock S52 purge valve, maybe I need to get the OBD1 version? No idea.

Anyway, drove the car after disconnecting the purge valve and holy hell this car is fast, and loud! I need to set a date with the exhaust shop asap. Additionally, I still need to figure out the intake/airbox situation. I may try hacking up the M20 airbox to make it work but I'm not 100% sold on it. Will update.

<3

Comment

Why not just put a cone filter on the MAF, at least for the time being??
        1997 Artic Silver M3
        CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
          Tucked the wiring (still waiting on the 318/m3 harness covers), bled the cooling system and all of that shenanigans. Car developed a weird idle, almost like a severe vacuum leak. I disconnected the evap purge valve electrical connector at the advice of a friend and sure enough, car runs perfectly again. Not sure what's going on there but I need to look into it. I'm using the stock S52 purge valve, maybe I need to get the OBD1 version? No idea.

Anyway, drove the car after disconnecting the purge valve and holy hell this car is fast, and loud! I need to set a date with the exhaust shop asap. Additionally, I still need to figure out the intake/airbox situation. I may try hacking up the M20 airbox to make it work but I'm not 100% sold on it. Will update.

<3
          I used the M20 purge valve and it worked flawlessly.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          ---------------------------------
          89 E30 S52
          ---------------------------------
          Transaction Feedback.

Comment

A few updates.

Decided to go ahead and replace all of the intake hoses, etc.

Also, had to trim the e34 throttle cable a bit because it wasn't allowing the throttle body to make a complete seal at idle.

Got the exhaust parts in. All Vibrant 3"

Got the 318/M3 harness covers as well. My god, these things were a nightmare to install. Installed my skidplate. Got the UUC evo3 + dssr in and installed that.

And...

I'll update the OP with the finalized parts list and I may add a few more engine photos later.

<3
            Last edited by Neil1138; 01-05-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Oof... looking forward to some videos of the exhaust ;)

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Looking great as usual Neil. Also looking forward to hearing that exhaust!

Comment

lOVE IT, where did u get those 4 lug rims? are they replica?
                  my build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=309778

Comment

Man beautiful!

I also have an 89 alpine s52 swap
                    Would love to see an undershot of the exhaust I have a vibrant muffler but no cat no resonator an would like to see your routing and where the resonator as mine is entirely too loud.

Comment

this is very inspirational to start mine on my 84 eta
                      TEMO

Originally Posted by Ryan... If you've seen Tango's girl, you would not be questioning his choice of apparel ;-)

Comment

I am pretty sure this is my first post but I am very, truly grateful for the excel spreadsheet you provided. Just the list alone answered almost all of my questions. I hope everyone knows how much money you are saving them by providing such a detailed list of parts.

Thanks again, man. :up: :bow:

Comment

anyone know what strut bar he's using in the last pic he posted above? thanks
                          '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                          '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

looks like a sparco bar...

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

just for reference...http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=338153

Some people have had issues with the IE strut brace.

not saying the IE brace wont work but the sparco bar fit without any issues for me.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Working...
                              X