Project Neil1138. Adventures of the Cream Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post

When I first looked at this photo I was thinking "hey, he pulled an engine out of his bed!"

Comment

Wow! Super clean

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        I do know that OBD2 has the ability to practically pinpoint an issue versus throwing parts at it. It's also my understanding that OBD2 ECUs are capable of more efficient mappings, which means more power. There are many folks more knowledgeable than me on the added benefits of OBD2 > OBD1; hopefully they will chime in. Obviously it's your swap to build as you please and I'm sure it will be great either way.
        I'm not so sure about that.

Anyway... Started to work on the s52 a bit. Exhaust removed so I can close up the SAP ports.

Removed intake manifold and harness.

<3
        Last edited by Neil1138; 12-23-2013, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Im curious what lens are you using and are you shooting with a tripod?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          ---------------------------------
          89 E30 S52
          Transaction Feedback.

Comment

gah the pictures are amazing.

once again very please by mr. neil.

i also thought that was a bed, i thought you were putting the m20 on your bed and i was like WTF?

please continue with the sexy sexy inspiration sexy sexy.

Comment

let me come pick up that M20 man
              Originally posted by Lof8
              Seriously. Every black wheel, regardless of spoke design, looks the same from more than 3 feet away.

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
                Im curious what lens are you using and are you shooting with a tripod?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
                Nikon D600 + Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D. And no tripod.

Originally posted by lonestar22 View Post
                let me come pick up that M20 man
                What happened?

I'm going to hold onto the engine just in case I need to cannibalize it for anything. However, assuming I don't (likely), I'd be happy to sell it.

To update: I have been busy sourcing the last of the swap parts as well as the refresh/replacement parts needed for the conversion. The list is pretty long and so is the lead time on some of the parts, but it is what it is. I've been compiling a spreadsheet (relocated to OP). It's preliminary and I still have some stuff to add depending on what problems I experience (shifter parts, etc) but I figured I'd get it up. I will post the final list (reset) post swap. If anyone sees any errors, please let me know so I won't be surprised during the swap!

I still haven't found a suitable harness and I pulled an E36 M50 fuel rail only to discover that it lacked an in-line FPR. So I'm still on the hunt for those... will find soon (hopefully). Will be posting updates when the parts come in and I get back to working on the engine.

Stay tuned.

<3
                Last edited by Neil1138; 11-27-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

That spreadsheet makes everything involved in a 24v swap much more clear for me. I had feared it until I saw that. This thread is awesome so far.
                  1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                  1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                  bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

I love the thoroughness of this project.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                    89 E30 S52
                    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Chiming in about the OBD2 vs. OBD1 debate.
                      I'll bet you a hundred bucks to find any tuner who says they would rather work with OBD1.
                      Might be a little more wiring for OBD2, but the potential is far greater then OBD1 by a substantial amount. Aside from the ease of use if/when you have a problem. (OBD 2 port)
                      Also see what happens when you reset an OBD1 computer. Doesn't take a few minutes to learn, takes hundreds of miles and even then it has a mind of its own.
                      I said the same thing as you doing my swap. Only reason I would ever see to recommend anyone to OBD1 convert an S52 is if they are going to use Vipec's standalone ECU ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Excited to see this come together.
                        View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                          That spreadsheet makes everything involved in a 24v swap much more clear for me. I had feared it until I saw that. This thread is awesome so far.
                          I'll try and make rev A as accurate as possible. However, mileage may vary depending on:
                          • What model e30 you have (318/325)
                          • What comes with your motor/trans
                          • What parts you really want/need to replace

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
                          I love the thoroughness of this project.
                          <3

Comment

Pulled the last needed bits for the swap, from the local junkyard. Proper fuel rail, with the in-line 3.5 bar FPR. Compared to the one I pulled from the 95 325i.

OBD1 intake manifold, throttle body and hoses.

E36 M50 wiring harness. Vanos, manual, no cut wires.

Need to clean them up a bit before I put everything together. Also, updated the spreadsheet and relocated it into OP. I will update it from there.

Stay tuned.

<3

Comment

clesn car nice swap will follow this to comple

Comment

Originally posted by warshark6 View Post
                                clesn car nice swap will follow this to comple
                                ys me as wel
                                1991 BMW 318iS - Daily
                                1991 BMW 318iS - M20 swap
                                1990 Nissan 300ZX - (sold)

Comment