• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump, this is sweet!

Comment

Any new updates?

Comment

bump is this project still going or dead?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
          Still slowly waiting for my fab guy to finalize a throttle linkage assembly. Will post updates as they come.
          i'd still want to buy the adapter even if your linkage isn't finish. if it is finished that would be a plus . Let me know if you'll sell just the plate without the linkage

Comment

At the moment I only have the one experimental plate and since my shop has taken off I have put aside or handed the aftermarket fabricated parts over to Lown Performance.

If I ever get time to finish this up I will definitely post it up on the thread.

Comment

Bump!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

double bump

Comment

Here's another bump from 2019

Comment

Hopefully not disrupting the OP's progress, but it looks like maybe it stalled out, so giving the community an update on another option I have come up with...:

In case anyone is still looking for an adapter for M5X to S54 ITB's, I designed and made my own. It replicates the factory angle of the S54 ITB's along with the same overall intake runner centerline length. I 3D scanned the m50 cylinder head intake port flange, along with the s54 itb's and spent a bunch of time optimizing the transition angle. The adapter also allows the s54 itbs to work with the factory aluminum oil filter housing. TPS signal is addressed by inverting the signal, via switching the 5V and ground on the TPS connector. The S54 TPS, S54 fuel rail and injectors, S54 vacuum rail, and S54 ICV plumbing is all used to make the kit work.

I also designed and made a complete cable throttle system, that bolts to my adapter.

You can message for more info or follow me @rabidracingdevelopment on instagram. I have more parts I am developing, such as my own dry sump system, and 14.5:1 E85 Pistons etc, for my NA road race build.

Comment

I saw your stuff on facebook a few weeks ago. I've been working on prototypes for S54 throttles on the N52 (something I've been thinking about for a LONG time). The N52 ports are actually pretty close in size to the S54 - and the N52 head basically has part of the runners cast into it (no issues with length/taper). I was looking at your M52 adapter and wondering how close it would be to one for the N52...
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        I saw your stuff on facebook a few weeks ago. I've been working on prototypes for S54 throttles on the N52 (something I've been thinking about for a LONG time). The N52 ports are actually pretty close in size to the S54 - and the N52 head basically has part of the runners cast into it (no issues with length/taper). I was looking at your M52 adapter and wondering how close it would be to one for the N52...
                        The N52 is a very intriguing engine for me! 300lb long block that I believe can be built to squeeze some very good NA power out if if the valvetrain has enough space to accept some longer durations/larger lifts! Yes the ports are very similar, it's almost like an all aluminum baby S54!

Here are some pics of the ports, one with me holding a S54 itb next to the N52 head. The port CSA's of engine variants at the cylinder head flange are as follows:
                        M50: 1.91 in2, 3.5" intake centerline length in head
                        N52: 2.25 in2, way longer haven't measured yet
                        S54: 2.45 in2, 4.625" intake centerline length in head

Of course other factors that affect airflow such as runner length and degrees of taper in the runner have to be considered.

I have a N52 in my possession, it woudn't take much for me to make one specifically for the N52. As you mentioned the intake runner length in the head is much longer, so the stack coming off the itb. I take it you are playing with cam timing and other variables and so using stacks off the runners with no throttles is not an option (isn't the stock engine controlled via valve events without a throttle body?

I am in WA, I believe I am local to you. Feel free to message me.

Cheers,

-Michon

Comment

Working...
                        X