No announcement yet.

AWDBOB's Newest AWD- Heidi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the Magnaflow installed! This thing sounds GREAT. Very throaty sound with no rasp. Perfect for that M20 scream up top. Brackets do require some modification though, which I still have yet to do.

My linkage is horrendous so I thought I'd do some investigating. I think I found the culprit. Also, excuse the dirt, she's getting a deep cleaning this weekend, once and for all.

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Looks nice, need a sound clip! I have a scorpion exhaust, it has a nice bubbly buzz to it but I keep wanting something with a little more attitude haha
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Build Thread
      Rear Diff Rebuild
      Rebuildable Viscous Coupling
      Transfer Case Rebuild
      "Life is simpler with 12 valves"

Comment

SUB'D. all the IX guys are here already hehe
        great score.. If I'd seen it my IX build thread would be different :-)
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by TehRaydarlover View Post
          Looks nice, need a sound clip! I have a scorpion exhaust, it has a nice bubbly buzz to it but I keep wanting something with a little more attitude haha
          This exhaust is timid, but extremely 'clean'. Have a listen, this is audiquattro's car!

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
          SUB'D. all the IX guys are here already hehe
          great score.. If I'd seen it my IX build thread would be different :-)
          Thanks, man! Haha, the iX clan stays close by. It's funny because the majority of us have Lachssilber cars, too. I feel like for the sake of being different, I need to keep my diving boards...........

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
            Thanks, man! Haha, the iX clan stays close by. It's funny because the majority of us have Lachssilber cars
            I have two diamond schwartz ix's and one schwartz i.
            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

diamonschwarz and alpine iX's here

:hitler:

Your first photos make it look almost bronzit. Never seen a bronzit iX though
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I've had zero luck finding an 88 DS IX coupe to restore. you guys are fortunate.
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

AWESOME!!! I love that Magnaflow! Love the updates and mods going into this one!
                  www.instagram.com/snwmble
                  #snwmble

Current:
                  '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                  '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                  '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                  '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                  '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                  '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                  '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                  '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

This thing is so clean!

Been meaning to go with Koni's but I just cant' justify buying them if I plan on going GC Coilovers in the future.

DS Metallic 4dr/5spd here in Seattle!
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                      I have two diamond schwartz ix's and one schwartz i.
                      Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                      diamonschwarz and alpine iX's here

:hitler:

Your first photos make it look almost bronzit. Never seen a bronzit iX though
                      Alright well maybe not everyone, just audiquattro, bradnic, nando, TehRaydarlover, addison325ix and I :p.

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                      I've had zero luck finding an 88 DS IX coupe to restore. you guys are fortunate.
                      I was in the same boat. Looked for a while, couldn't find any in decent shape that weren't Lachssilber. Honestly, silver was my last choice (:shock:). If I could find a rust free 2dr '88 Zinno car my life would be made.

I must say though, the color has grown on me quite a bit.

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                      AWESOME!!! I love that Magnaflow! Love the updates and mods going into this one!
                      Thanks dude!! Stoked for the E30 cruise.

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                      This thing is so clean!

Been meaning to go with Koni's but I just cant' justify buying them if I plan on going GC Coilovers in the future.

DS Metallic 4dr/5spd here in Seattle!
                      Thanks, man! And yeah, I had to make the same judgment call. When I purchased the Billys/H&Rs, that was me writing off that I was going to build GCs again.

I don't know where you fellas are finding these DS cars!

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                        I don't know where you fellas are finding these DS cars!
                        I found the DS, 4 door sedan, 5 speed ix near State College PA I bought it for $1200. Really rotted out but strong power train. It was good to me but too much of a lost cause, and slowly fell apart on me.

I found the DS, 2 door sedan, A/T ix up near Harrisburg PA I bought it for $1200. A/T was trash but the body was solid. I bought another A/T transmission for $300 and swapped it out and it was a solid car.

A little bit of Fusion power and I have a parted shell headed to the junk yard and a solid DS, 2 door, 5 speed ix and a bunch of spare parts.

All my good parts I invested into the 4 door are now on the 2 door so I didn't lose any money that I invested into it.
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Had my eye on mine for years as it came in and out of our shop for routine maintenance. Owned by an older couple that kept it here in WA for their son when he came down to visit from college in Colorado. Between their Porsche and DD they couldn't justify keeping it.

She knew I always loved seeing the car so when she decided to sell it she came to me first. Told me 1500.00, needless to say, I sold everything I could and used up a whole paycheck to buy the iX! Best decision i've made in a really long time.
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Well, it looks like I need to keep a better eye out then!

Also, installed the H&Rs tonight and the rear is ridiculously low. Why the hell are these coils binding like this? Please excuse the horrendous picture.

Last edited by AWDBOB; 10-04-2014, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Did some investigating.

Turner sent me 50404.55s in the rear, which are completely wrong for the iX. The proper iX rear spring is blue and is a 19.03. Thankfully the fronts were the correct spring.

Oh, and 3 miles after installation, my front passenger axle grenaded which was a pleasant surprise. What would an iX be without stupid issues, right?

Comment

Dude the exhaust looks great! Would be awesome to have some rolling shots :up:
                                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                                X