AWDBOB's Newest AWD- Heidi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
    Dude the exhaust looks great! Would be awesome to have some rolling shots :up:
    Right on, brotha! Thanks again for the killer pricing. Once I get the car cleaned up a bit more I'll snag some and send 'em your way.

Some shots from yesterday, I wish I would've noticed that the springs were wrong early on....

Ride height.

Last edited by AWDBOB; 10-05-2014, 02:40 PM.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

love the build, subbing
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

love it! yes the rear springs are blue....I have some extra spring pads (7.5mm) I can donate if the new rear springs still sit too low for your tastes. You can double up the pads.
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

ride height looks fine to me. only difference I can think of is the ix springs would be stiffer. does it still have the 50lbs of trunk tar?

the binding coils are "dead" coils. they don't hold any weight, just basically hold the spring to the car.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
            Oh, and 3 miles after installation, my front passenger axle grenaded which was a pleasant surprise. What would an e30 be without stupid issues, right?
            Fixed!

Looks really good! Sub'd for moar progress!
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

its getting there, Almost thought you switched out for late bumpers in till I noticed it was sedan. lol

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                love it! yes the rear springs are blue....I have some extra spring pads (7.5mm) I can donate if the new rear springs still sit too low for your tastes. You can double up the pads.
                That's what I thought- my brother's iX has 19.03s in the rear and 50404.55s up front. I was sent 50404.55s front and rear, so the fronts are correct, but the rears are a totally different design and feel much softer than his.

And I appreciate that. Once I get the right spring in there I'll see how she sits. I think it may be almost level once I tear out the trunk tar.

Originally posted by nando View Post
                ride height looks fine to me. only difference I can think of is the ix springs would be stiffer. does it still have the 50lbs of trunk tar?

the binding coils are "dead" coils. they don't hold any weight, just basically hold the spring to the car.
                Still has the trunk tar, guess I'll take that out before I go buying spring pads. And yeah, our driveway slants a bit, I'll have to get a picture on flat. It does look pretty dead on even in the above picture, though, you're right about that.

And good to know about the binding coils. These rears are definitely less stiff than the 19.03s.

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                Fixed!

Looks really good! Sub'd for moar progress!
                Bahah, you're right about that correction, that's for sure. And thanks, man!

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
                its getting there, Almost thought you switched out for late bumpers in till I noticed it was sedan. lol
                Thanks, man. I don't really get too much time to wrench on it, so progress will be slow for now.

Comment

My rear H&R springs are blue. Did you replace the shifter bushing yet? I just recently finished my 5 speed swap and the shifter felt off. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Come to find out it was 180 degrees the wrong way.

No big deal I say, I will just pop it off and switch it around, WRONG. There is no room to just reach up and do that. I had to drop the exhaust and both drive shafts and lower the transmission and transfer case to get enough room to reach up there to pull the clips. A much bigger pain than what I thought it would be.

Be prepared for that unless you know an easier way. If you do know an easier way feel free to share.
                  How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

^^ I need to replace my shifter bushings, and dreading this.
                    www.instagram.com/snwmble
                    #snwmble

Current:
                    '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                    '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                    '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                    '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                    '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                    '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                    '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                    '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                      My rear H&R springs are blue. Did you replace the shifter bushing yet? I just recently finished my 5 speed swap and the shifter felt off. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Come to find out it was 180 degrees the wrong way.

No big deal I say, I will just pop it off and switch it around, WRONG. There is no room to just reach up and do that. I had to drop the exhaust and both drive shafts and lower the transmission and transfer case to get enough room to reach up there to pull the clips. A much bigger pain than what I thought it would be.

Be prepared for that unless you know an easier way. If you do know an easier way feel free to share.
                      Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                      ^^ I need to replace my shifter bushings, and dreading this.
                      It most definitely feels like far more hassle than it's worth, that's for damn sure. Thankfully lifts and air tools are things that I have at my disposal, so it's not a terrible job. I think I would cut the trans tunnel out if I had to do it on my back, though :hitler:

Comment

Have any of you replaced the steering coupler on the IX yet? I can't figure out how to get the ujoints off without dropping the steering rack.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                          Have any of you replaced the steering coupler on the IX yet? I can't figure out how to get the ujoints off without dropping the steering rack.
                          Yeah, check out this iX specific how-to, man.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                            Yeah, check out this iX specific how-to, man.

But you know I can see my man Rick already right? #rickrollfail

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                              But you know I can see my man Rick already right? #rickrollfail
                              Just drop the damn steering rack already!

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X