X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ go make your own lol

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
      For those of you following my thread, I stumbled into a great deal on a nother e30. Here is just one photo as a teaser. Don't worry though the turbo iX will be fire breathing soon enough!

;D

Wow.. I call dibs if you don't grab it..
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

#whenyouseeit

I'll create a new thread for this car soon
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
          #whenyouseeit

I'll create a new thread for this car soon
          Nice e30 with a s38!!

Near by me there is a 1986 res euro 325ix track car.
          Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Coool e30 :)
            https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
            https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

I redid the oil connections with teflon tape so it would not leak any oil and started her up.

She smokes though. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking I may need a new turbo but could it just be rich? Or are the bearings bad?

Also, I removed the tint from the windows and it looks ten times better. The tint was purple

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

The smoking is just your heat wrap and gaskets, the heat wrap especially will smoke for a couple hours of running.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

After a couple more startups I decided the smoking was oil and that it was probably coming form the turbo itself. Lots of people hold precision turbos in high regard, so we shall see how it does. I was originally looking at the turbonetics t3/t4 with a 60 trim wheel but this came with the redesigned billet compressor wheel and the anti surge housing so I figured why not for a few extra dollars over the turbonetics turbo.

It should flow better then the garrett gt30 and similar to the gt35r. I went with the 0.84 A/R turbine wheel. Precision 5862

So this bad boy should be here this week.

COMPRESSOR WHEEL
                  2.285” (58.0mm) Ind/3.000” (76.2mm) Exd

TURBINE WHEEL
                  2.795” (71.0mm) Ind/2.437” (61.90mm) Exd

EXHAUST
                  HOUSING
                  Anti Surge 4 inch inlet, 2.5 inch outlet

I also decided to remove the window tint. Regardless of what else you may have read, I bought the $20 handheld clothes steamer from walmart and it worked amazing to get the crappy purple tint off the car. The job was a snap after I picked it up. It looks so much better without that crap on the windows.

Last edited by downforce22; 06-01-2015, 06:53 AM.

Comment

That's funny. I JUST came back from Walmart to buy a steamer as well to use for my suits for work and to remove my tint which I'm just about to tackle.

The smoke could of been from the gaskets and wrap or possibly the feed. Mine smoked a little after putting my blanket on for the first time.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                      That's funny. I JUST came back from Walmart to buy a steamer as well to use for my suits for work and to remove my tint which I'm just about to tackle.
                      I need to do that too...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I was planning on using a precision turbo for my build until I started talking to a few race shops. Personally I've never owned one but for the price I've heard more bad then good with them, especially there journal bearing turbos. Go with borg warner from agpturbo.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Shiit that e30 ix looks awesome....That is my dream :)
                          https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                          https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                            I was planning on using a precision turbo for my build until I started talking to a few race shops. Personally I've never owned one but for the price I've heard more bad then good with them, especially there journal bearing turbos. Go with borg warner from agpturbo.
                            Precision jb bad.

Precision bb good.

Garrett good.

Borg Warner best.
                            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                              Precision jb bad.

Precision bb good.

Garrett good.

Borg Warner best.
                              Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post

But for real though, it got to be better than my ebay turbo

Once again we have Chinese knock-off product in the form of a very important and often overlooked piece of the turbocharger package - The BackPlate, this item is responsible for hydrodynamic pressure sealing -- in short the backplate land as seen below, is part of the oil sealing system in the centre section of the turbocharger. If this is damaged the turbocharger will leak oil through the turbine housing, and the engine will smoke at idle. Over time the turbocharger will carbon up the inside of the heat shield and turbine housing and this will hinder performace and cause a failure of the rotating assembly.

Most of the Chinese knock-off backplates have incorrectly machined backplate lands and/or non existent lands, and the result is a smoking turbocharger -- the companies selling these items revoke any suggestion of a warranty, and often blame the smoking on other irrelevant issues E.G incorrect oil pressure, faulty lubrication system, inadequate oil drain etc.

I found this interesting also.

Inside A Precision 6262 Turbocharger

Comment

As it turns out I couldn't find other m20's with the Precision 5862. But I was able to find this dyno from a supra with a side by side comparison to the Precision 6262. As it turns out the supra engine should compare to what I have in the m20 aside from the 24v aspect of the supra engine.

The 3.0 L (2997 cc) 2JZ has been produced since 1991 (first released in the 1991 Toyota Aristo). Cylinder bore was 86 mm (3.39 in) and stroke was 86 mm (3.39 in).

KO Basic Single T4 kit for 2jzgte (cast manifold, short 3" downpipe with re-routed wastegate dump and a 46mm v-band wastegate. Dyno comparison of Precision 5862 turbo versus 6266 turbo.
                                Blue line is 5862 and red line is 6266. Boost was controlled only by wastegate spring (18psi spring), but boost level logged for the 5862 was 17.5psi at peak power, and 18.5psi on the 6266. Average boost for the runs was 1-1.5psi higher with the 6266, which would account for most of the difference in power.

My engine has an 86 mm bore and stroke of 89.6 mm. For 3122 cc's total. The extra displacement should pick up some of the slack of the 12v 885 head as compared to the 2jzgte. It is interesting to see the 5862 fully spooled by 3500 rpm and continue climbing past 6000 rpm on this supra. The 17 psi probably plays a big part of the power number. Excited to see how this goes once the 5862 arrives! :devil: It's somewhere is Missouri on a truck right about now according to the tracking number

Comment

Working...
                                X