No announcement yet.

1986 325iX 3.1L Stroker + Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With 9.5:1, what was your boost target? If I recall, you were thinking ~10psi max?
    http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

the fart can has got to go

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
        I kind of agree, but I kind of don't too. Because a car with a fart can is usually a slow one, so it will kind of throw people off.
        Last edited by varg; 06-25-2015, 10:59 AM.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by tschultz View Post
          With 9.5:1, what was your boost target? If I recall, you were thinking ~10psi max?
          I was planning for about 8 to 10 psi. The spring in my wastegate is set to 10 psi so thats fine. Lots of tuning to do still and I have to track down my oil leak.. GRR

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
          Originally posted by varg View Post
          I kind of agree, but I kind of don't too. Because a car with a fart can is usually a slow one, so it will kind of throw people off.
          Yeah I know, I plan to swap over to a stainless 3" inlet to dual outlet muffler but its fine for now to get it on the road. It is a bit loud though, Oh yeah and I cross threaded my oil feed so it was leaking and burning on the turbo so I'm waiting for new fittings. They should be here monday.
          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I got the new fittings and made a quick video. I had to fabricate a custom head mount because i didn't want to drill the gopro case out to mount the external microphone, which is located under the fuse box in this video. She needs tuning all across the map especially on part throttle transition but runs good! About 12 AFR under boost.

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Awesome, we need more pics...I like that e30 model soo much, never see too much pics of this e30 :)
              https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
              https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

I will get more photos of the car soon.

However I am having one issue. The oil feed to the turbo seems to be causing issues. I got a new 4 AN fitting and installed it. It seems once the car is up to temperature the oil is leaking past the seal and begins burning. I am pretty sure all of the heat wrap has burned off anything it is going to smoke.

Do I need a different oil feed gasket or bolts? It seems to be coming from just one side of the oil feed fitting next to one of the allen head screws.

Any ideas?

Comment

Do you have an oil restrictor in place? I know that some applications need them depending on the turbo, maybe someone can add more to this.

Comment

I may have jumped t conclusions too early on this, I drove the car to work today and the only thing smoking was the heat wrap I added on the downpipe,

It may have just been residual oil that got on the center section and turbo blanket burning off! Will let you know more soon.

Comment

are you running your own base map, or did you download it somewhere? i
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                        are you running your own base map, or did you download it somewhere? i
                        I am running my own map. I started with WhodWho's base m20b25 map and tailored the spark map to fit according to this thread for a 3.1L M20. I have since gotten VE Anaylze to help me tune and adjusted my target AFRs and fuel values accordingly. My map still needs work but I will post them when they are tuned well. There is some hesitation at part throttle and throttle transitions. My VE map is not smooth right now. I also had to adjust after I upgraded from the 14# stock injectors to the 32# injectors. :woowoo:

Comment

Well thats awesome you got it running pretty smooth, I just started playing around with a base map I found online with tuner studio and man that stuff is not my strong suit, I have so much to learn haha. Hopefully I'll have my car running in a few more weeks. Also. Im surprised you went with 32# injectors, just seams small even with low boost.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

What brand injectors did you buy? Im in the market for 30-32s as well.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                              Well thats awesome you got it running pretty smooth, I just started playing around with a base map I found online with tuner studio and man that stuff is not my strong suit, I have so much to learn haha. Hopefully I'll have my car running in a few more weeks. Also. Im surprised you went with 32# injectors, just seams small even with low boost.
                              Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                              What brand injectors did you buy? Im in the market for 30-32s as well.
                              They are Bosch 0-280-150-911. They are 30# at 2.7 bar, which equates to 33.33# at 3 bar and should support 300 horsepower.

Comment

Thanks, Ill have to check them out. I have 21.5# pink tops now and my car cuts out at 182hp so Im hoping 32s give me room for future improvements (ITBs). N/A stroker build expecting 210hp as is.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X