Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GREAT WORK! love this and love you still have the m20 in there.

Where did you get your cam block off plate? I am going to guess you made it... but if you know who makes those I'd appreciate the knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
      GREAT WORK! love this and love you still have the m20 in there. Where did you get your cam block off plate? I am going to guess you made it... but if you know who makes those I'd appreciate the knowledge.
      Thanks man! Therea a few companies that make those cam trigger plates. I think bimmerheads actually sells them now also. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

That's super helpful! Thank you!

Comment

Finally got the new setup on the dyno. Made 632 wheel on a mustang dyno. We kept it super conservative through the mid range to make it safe as possible. And with the dct the car basically lives 5500 to 7500 during a pull. That was 28psi and you can see by the graph there's a lot left in it but I called it there, figured 632 was enough to break some stuff. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Finally got the new setup on the dyno. Made 632 wheel on a mustang dyno. We kept it super conservative through the mid range to make it safe as possible. And with the dct the car basically lives 5500 to 7500 during a pull. That was 28psi and you can see by the graph there's a lot left in it but I called it there, figured 632 was enough to break some stuff. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Ummmmm....

motherofgod.gif
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Impressive. That's almost 4x as much power as my ix puts to the ground!

I still think it's funny guys in 335i's think they're hot shit for having 400-500bhp "FBO" in a car that weighs 3600lbs..

I'm glad the E34 front diff worked out. I'm pretty sure the E30 front diff would have exploded multiple times by now.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  Impressive. That's almost 4x as much power as my ix puts to the ground! I still think it's funny guys in 335i's think they're hot shit for having 400-500bhp "FBO" in a car that weighs 3600lbs.. I'm glad the E34 front diff worked out. I'm pretty sure the E30 front diff would have exploded multiple times by now.
                  Lol ya hopefully I get to play with some 335's at some flashlight drags soon. Yep that e34 diff is holding up perfectly, I'm actually using the spare one that you mentioned didn't feel as good. I'm saving the better one to possibly play around with a front lsd at some point. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Wow. That is such motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                      Lol ya hopefully I get to play with some 335's at some flashlight drags soon. Yep that e34 diff is holding up perfectly, I'm actually using the spare one that you mentioned didn't feel as good. I'm saving the better one to possibly play around with a front lsd at some point. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      That's funny, I forgot I had two lol.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Christ the power curve was still heading firmly north on that pull as well, cannot imagine how damn fast that would feel from a dig
                        sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

I still think it's funny guys in 335i's think they're hot shit for having 400-500bhp "FBO" in a car that weighs 3600lbs..
                          Interesting that a 2000 Trans Am or C5 Corvette are also ~500 RWHP "FBO"

Comment

I had no idea what y’all were talking about with this FBO, had to delve deep to discover it means full bolt ons

What a wicked machine! I enjoy this thread a lot, always pushing the limits.

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                              I had no idea what y’all were talking about with this FBO, had to delve deep to discover it means full bolt ons

What a wicked machine! I enjoy this thread a lot, always pushing the limits.
                              FBO is basically moron speak for having a lot of money, to compensate for a small dick. That you didn't know what it was, if anything, is a compliment! ;)
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

FBO is basically moron speak for having a lot of money, to compensate for a small dick. That you didn't know what it was, if anything, is a compliment! ;)
                                Hahah, sounds like it needs to be added to urban dictionary so everyone understands the true meaning. I tend to stay out of the modern bimmer world, for good reason it seems.

Comment

Working...
                                X