Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never seen a planetary gear fail. How's the chain? I wonder if something got in there.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Putting the new tcase to the test. First time actually launching on boost with this setup. This is spring pressure and pump gas. Completely spins through 2nd and depending on the road through 3rd also, may be time for something wider than a 205 lol https://youtu.be/dM1tjKdao-w Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

you'd probably have a much quicker time not spinning through all those gears too. Wider is better. Do you remember those old Pontiac commercials that said something on those lines?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
          you'd probably have a much quicker time not spinning through all those gears too. Wider is better. Do you remember those old Pontiac commercials that said something on those lines?
          Ya if I could get traction I think I would easily run high 10s Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Do you already have 8" wheels? 225's fit.

Would take a little fancy machine work, but it looks possible to convert the carrier to 6 planets from 3, one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
              Do you already have 8" wheels? 225's fit. Would take a little fancy machine work, but it looks possible to convert the carrier to 6 planets from 3, one way or another.
              I used to run 215's and they were super close to my strut towers. I'm going to switch to a 4 port boost control valve to see if I can bring the boost in a little smoother but I do need to do something for traction Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Went to a local flash light drags this weekend. I'm still only running 20psi so I'm estimating around 400-450hp but plenty enough to have some fun. But that's gonna change soon. It was a pretty small event unfortunately, only like 20 people but there were a few fast cars. The truck was my buddy, he threw a 125 shot on it to have some fun because his car isn't finished lol I ended up finishing 2nd overall. Won the awd class and only lost to that orange mustang by which was 700whp with drag radials. So I was pretty excited to keep up with a fraction of the power. https://youtu.be/HaCp5pK800Y Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

It doesn't look like the mustang won by much. A fender? Were you running 8th mile?
                  How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                    It doesn't look like the mustang won by much. A fender? Were you running 8th mile?
                    Ya it was close, way closer then I thought it would be and I'm sure it was closer then he expected too, and ya its only 8th mile. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

What was your time? Do you know your time for the 1/4? And I forget, what is your diff ratio?

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                        What was your time? Do you know your time for the 1/4? And I forget, what is your diff ratio?
                        They didn't have anything to time each pass unfortunately. On the street I did a 11.82 spinning through 3rd lol. I haven't tried again since I dialed in the launches but it should easily by high 10s as it sits and hopefully touch 9s at full power. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I ran 235's on my ix without real issues. 225s fit easily. You just have to get the offsets right.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                            They didn't have anything to time each pass unfortunately. On the street I did a 11.82 spinning through 3rd lol. I haven't tried again since I dialed in the launches but it should easily by high 10s as it sits and hopefully touch 9s at full power. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            That is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              I ran 235's on my ix without real issues. 225s fit easily. You just have to get the offsets right.
                              and which offsets would that be?

Comment

IIRC my wheels are 15x7.5 ET30 with the 225/50R15 R888's. Rear flares are trimmed on the inside and the lips are rolled. I run a 3mm spacer on the front, but that's to clear the brakes. Front brake ducts are zip tied to the fender liners so they don't pop out if the tire happens to touch them, lol.

The 235s definitely rubbed in certain circumstances, but honestly they were heavy and they tramlined like crazy. The 225s clear perfectly.

What offset you want will depend on the wheel.. generally, the wider the wheel the lower offset you need. The unfortunate thing is the ix has an odd bolt pattern coupled with a unique offset. The wheels that seem to be closest to fitting right are from the Miata crowd (which is what mine are).
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X