No announcement yet.

E30 #2: 1990 Delphin: RHD ITB M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking car! I'm looking to go with a RHD itb setup on my touring, but it would be a DD. How's the driveability? Is it doable to keep the afr's right at low revs/ low load? I'm a little worried about turning it into a fuel dumping on/off switch.

Wouldn't mind some more engine bay shots, thing looks killer!
    Euro car and parts export business based in the Netherlands, specialized in E30 Tourings!

Instagram: @garage30_ WWW.GARAGE30.NL

Comment

Originally posted by Garage30 View Post
      Great looking car! I'm looking to go with a RHD itb setup on my touring, but it would be a DD. How's the driveability? Is it doable to keep the afr's right at low revs/ low load? I'm a little worried about turning it into a fuel dumping on/off switch.

Wouldn't mind some more engine bay shots, thing looks killer!
      Driveability is fine, even on alpha-n. I think there are probably some spots in the map where I'm used to the car and things could be improved, but overall very manageable on the street.

You could go MAP too for better correction, but the calibration will take more time. With an otherwise stock longblock, it just isn't crazy enough to have poor street manners.

Thanks for the kind words, I need to get it out more. Still trying to find a set of seats :(
      sigpic

Comment

Finally got the new seats in (second round on Thailand Upholstering...). Very happy with the quality. HKTBMW on instagram uses a vinyl that's very close to the OEM texture and color for E30 black. They're a great fit in with all the stock pieces.

A note on the massive recaro brackets: Make sure to retain your existing seatbelt hardware. I used the center shim and outer washer that the belt mount point uses to secure it properly.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info. Interior looks killer! Love everything about this car, I have watched your yt vids more often than I'd like to admit. Addicted to the sound, shouldn't be long before I order my own RHD kit, can't wait.
          Euro car and parts export business based in the Netherlands, specialized in E30 Tourings!

Instagram: @garage30_ WWW.GARAGE30.NL

Comment

Originally posted by Garage30 View Post
            Thanks for the info. Interior looks killer! Love everything about this car, I have watched your yt vids more often than I'd like to admit. Addicted to the sound, shouldn't be long before I order my own RHD kit, can't wait.
            Thanks! Get one, you won't regret it. Linkage has been updated somewhat too, he's always revising it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 318aye View Post
              Thanks! Get one, you won't regret it. Linkage has been updated somewhat too, he's always revising it.
              Hi sir, I pm'd your earlier...not sure if PM made it thru though. Did you get it? Looking for some guidance on my ITB setup

Comment

Replying now.
                sigpic

Comment

any chance you have a link to your old photo bucket pics somewhere? trying to track down your intake details for @jeffnhiscars.. totally sucks that the pics are gone, and I know what a huge job it is to restore the pic links. took me a good 10 hours to recover them on my vert thread. :-(
                  I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                  TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                  e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by 318aye View Post
                    Agreed, was a waste of $10.

I really have my heart set on this guy, but I don't know if I can stomach it.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...JtXBoCD-vw_wcB
                    trolling through your picture less thread lol. I took the plunge on this and don't regret it for a sec.
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                      any chance you have a link to your old photo bucket pics somewhere? trying to track down your intake details for @jeffnhiscars.. totally sucks that the pics are gone, and I know what a huge job it is to restore the pic links. took me a good 10 hours to recover them on my vert thread. :-(
                      Nice of you to do someone else's homework! PM me and I'll get you whatever you need. The photobucket stuff might be fubar but I can grab you some shots.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's been a while! Car is still pretty much in it's same form. Has been to AMP and Road Atlanta in the interim. Lots of fun, but ended up disconnecting the larger IE swaybar.

Last fall the car got a new IE hose set / Mishimoto E36 Radiator upgrade and the corresponding t-belt & water pump service.

In the spirit of quarantine, I decided to overhaul the brakes. Calipers have been rebuilt at all four corners, and the aging master cylinder was replaced. Plenty of scuz behind each caliper piston, and the reservoir needed a good shot of brakeclean too. Still having issues with the bleeding, hoping to enlist the help of a local shop this week to get it ready for Road A again in late June.

It was time for the street wheels to come apart for refinishing, it's been almost 5 years. They're going back to their full polish / black color scheme courtesy of Ehrlich Wheel Works. Mocked up some 3D printed center caps too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	K4s6acq.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	9922979

Name:	YXWWi4W.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	9922980

Name:	QwdCRqM.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	9922981

Name:	0XgOFk2.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	9922982

Name:	aZEOL5z.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	9922983

sigpic

Comment

Continued pics.

Name:	8SJdKYj.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	9922986

Name:	yb3EqIn.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	9922987
                          sigpic

Comment

So happy to see you !!!!!!!!!!!
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                              So happy to see you !!!!!!!!!!!
                              Sup bud! Still alive. What'd I miss?
                              sigpic

Comment

Sam ol same ol. :)

You said you disconnected the sway bar. Are you talking about the rear due to over-steer?
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:
                                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                                X