Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    Now I'm curious to know how much an IS skirt weighs...
    Wonder no more: I weighed my IS skirts last night and found them to be 2.4lbs per side, not including all the attachment hardware. The hardware is mostly plastic clips though so I'd say 2.5lbs per side with everything.
    -----I drink and I know car things-----
    1989 325i Touring - Daily W.I.P.
    ->https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=398457

Comment

Originally posted by -J- View Post

Wonder no more: I weighed my IS skirts last night and found them to be 2.4lbs per side, not including all the attachment hardware. The hardware is mostly plastic clips though so I'd say 2.5lbs per side with everything.
      Thanks! Kinda a bummer to me though I weighed my overcomplicated skirts and came out to 6 lbs each... that 1/8" ABS plastic isn't very light. I've already got some ideas for how to make this whole thing lighter in the future. I need real CAD.
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

No problem. Didn't mean to bum you out, haha. Luckily a 7lb addition to the bottom of the car isn't going to hurt performance much, and if the air is routed properly the aero benefits will far outweigh the weight penalty.
        -----I drink and I know car things-----
        1989 325i Touring - Daily W.I.P.
        ->https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=398457

Comment

Finished the skirt on the passenger side and went for a longgggg drive up in the Malibu mountains. Drained 1/4 tank of gas! Literally drove until I ran out of road and found a desolate spot way high up for some cool photos. There are still a few road closures due to lasting damage from the fires last year so mulholland highway had a few detours. Couldn't even really drive the snake. I still need to install the bottom panel and decided to do that with speed nuts vs rivets so I can access the mounting bolts for easy removal. Currently working on a front splitter to match, as well as some mesh to fit in the side fender gaps as a finishing touch. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          Shadetree30

Comment

Love this! Thanks for sharing. I'm curious why your euro plate filler appears to fill in the area better than mine? On the sides if mine there are the slightest of gaps that allow you to see the white underneath and I've been thinking about getting some sort of foam to fill in that gap, then I saw yours...

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              Love this! Thanks for sharing. I'm curious why your euro plate filler appears to fill in the area better than mine? On the sides if mine there are the slightest of gaps that allow you to see the white underneath and I've been thinking about getting some sort of foam to fill in that gap, then I saw yours...
              Ha, no idea. I bought this ages ago used from some guy who brought a bunch of them back from Europe. Never questioned it since mine fits perfect. There's maybe a 2mm gap on each side.
              Shadetree30

Comment

Ha, no idea. I bought this ages ago used from some guy who brought a bunch of them back from Europe. Never questioned it since mine fits perfect. There's maybe a 2mm gap on each side.
                Ok, that's the same as mine too. I think because of the angle and color of your car it seems less. Ok, that's just fine then. Haha. Car is looking great btw.

Comment

Oh man was that weekend a blast up there with you guys. This picture is right in the feels.

Comment

The skirts look fucking bad ass.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by -J- View Post
                      No problem. Didn't mean to bum you out, haha. Luckily a 7lb addition to the bottom of the car isn't going to hurt performance much, and if the air is routed properly the aero benefits will far outweigh the weight penalty.
                      nah I'm not really bummed. Shouldn't make much difference as you say and if it really bothers me I can remake out of thin aluminum pretty easily.

Ok, that's the same as mine too. I think because of the angle and color of your car it seems less. Ok, that's just fine then. Haha. Car is looking great btw.
                      Thanks. I saw someone paint that whole area black. Actually looked pretty good.

Originally posted by gilber33 View Post
                      Oh man was that weekend a blast up there with you guys. This picture is right in the feels.
                      When was that? HMU I go all the time and love having people roll wth me!

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                      The skirts look fucking bad ass.
                      hehehe thanks I think so too. Now I'm really inspired to do the front matching splitter. Should look wicked.... gahh so many ideas and not enough time to make them real fast enough!
                      Shadetree30

Comment

When I was younger I had all the time, but no money. Now I have money and no time for anything. It's a weird circle.

Comment

When I was younger I had all the time, but no money. Now I have money and no time for anything. It's a weird circle.
                          I can relate to this...
                          IG: https://www.instagram.com/josh.stacey/
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133952286@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by jsta1109 View Post

I can relate to this...
                            Same. Back in highschool I used to do a 6-8hr detail on my e36 every saturday. Washed, waxed, tire shine, exhaust tips polished, interior vacuumed, glass cleaned etc... the good ol days
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Not only is time a concern just the desire to get out in a hot garage and work on something...I used to love to do that and didn't have the money to pay someone...still really dont have the money but also dont have the desire to either. It hit like 97 degrees here today...still...in September...oof
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                Not only is time a concern just the desire to get out in a hot garage and work on something...I used to love to do that and didn't have the money to pay someone...still really dont have the money but also dont have the desire to either. It hit like 97 degrees here today...still...in September...oof
                                It could be worse. At least you still have your health. I have been dealing with an unknown progressing medical condition for over a year now. Where I went from 240lbs 12% body fat to 190 something and I now need a cane to walk around. Now I have money, desire and a lot of time. But I am physically unable.
                                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X