Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post

Ok that's fair. You are a shit talker, not a hater. Speaking of I believe you are due for a new thread as well?
    the reason I have a Capital A in the middle of 2mAn is because I’m a pain in the ASS, definitely talk a lot of trash too ... and don’t you worry my friend, I’m itching to start the new thread. I don’t have the car yet though so nothing to post that’s not already in the other thread I started about buying a new money pit
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Ok that's fair. You are a shit talker, not a hater. Speaking of I believe you are due for a new thread as well?
      what's your IG?
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

what's your IG?
        @shadetree30
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

@shadetree30
          Thanks! I dont see any recent truck pics... :(
          Last edited by TeXJ; 06-10-2021, 10:34 AM. Reason: +recent
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd

Comment

Thanks! I dont see any recent truck pics... :(
            Yea I've been slacking posting anything. I usually have progress in my stories. I also started to sticky the engine rebuild videos on my page. To be fair though I've only been working on the motor up until this point. I dropped off a bunch of stuff today to get cleaned and blasted including a bunch of engine bay parts. So I'll be starting work on the chassis soon!
            Shadetree30

Comment

Taking another swing at manual brakes. This time utilizing the massive dual MC kit with twin .700" MCs from tilton. Also installing a remote adjuster to go with it. Ever since I got the brakes working properly and a good pad compound for street/autox, I've had a very hard time at the autox modulating the brakes without locking up. Very hard to feel the threshold. So I'm optimistic that I might find the solution with this setup. Installation hasn't been as straight forward as I anticipated, but overall not bad. I ended up cutting off the bracket for the big under hood e36 OBD2 plug, and chopping the plug itself out of the harness. I'll finally install the small obd2 port in my glove box to retain ability to scan engine codes. I had to do this to make a space to fit and mount the reservoir for the clutch fluid. That also required minor fabrication of a bracket. I still also need to make new lines for the MC, then bleed brakes and test. Looking for an autox and track day soon to put it to the pavement. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
              Shadetree30

Comment

Major aspects of the new brake system have been resolved, car is back on the road and passed the first test drive. Feels good but ill need to go find some discrete canyons or an autox to really get a feel for F/R balance and performance. Definitely a bit of a leg workout but that was to be expected. We will see if I decide to drop down to the .625" MCs vs the .700" MCs I have now. I had some minor snags on install, mainly two things. One was that the throttle body cable interfered with the closer of the two MCs - with the OBD2 TB (and M50 intake) the cable was aimed right at the reservoir. I solved this by cutting off the cable bracket and welding it back in place at a favorable angle. Oddly enough its so far resulted in a smoother accelerator pedal feel. The other snag was figuring out placement of the clutch fluid reservoir which I resolved by making a bracket for it and getting rid of the giant service port/OBD2 connector. This forced my hand to finish off another project I'd planned for years which was mounting the smaller standard OBD2 port in the glove box. Made a small loom, crimped a few butt splices and it looks right at home. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                Shadetree30

Comment

Nice job and love the update!
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

Brakes feel fantastic so far. Took the car out into the canyons this weekend. Next up a track day or autox to really put it through the paces. Worked on some further details. Fixed the length of the throttle cable so its now snug in its bracket. Changed the routing of the MAF sensor plug to run under the intake and clamped against the throttle body along with the TPS wire - nice and tidy. Cleaned up a good portion of the rats nest of wiring under the passenger firewall cover. O2 sensor harnesses were shortened and fastened with p-clamps. Next I will apply the same approach to the engine ignition harness. Need to shorten the wires from the ecu to get rid of the excess length. Also need to be careful with the shielding. Also finally wetsanded the hood to get rid of some of the orange peel since I painted it like 2 years ago. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                    Shadetree30

Comment

e30 looks clean. did you fight your state ref ticket?

Comment

Nice job and love the update!
                        Thanks!
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                          e30 looks clean. did you fight your state ref ticket?
                          Thanks. I'm still "fighting" it..... as in I hired a lawyer over a year ago and there's been no update since they filed some stuff. I guess this bodes well. The whole thing was so stupid really pisses me off.
                          Shadetree30

Comment

"Finished" the wiring on the firewall. So much better. And the car still works. I guess I didnt mess it up. I think at this point if I am to do any further harness work, it'll be to build a new harness for standalone. Ignition pigtail was a bit tricky since its shielded and wound around a plastic core. I managed to splice it, maintain the orientation, rewrap with shielding tape and end with a decent result. Popped off the fuel rail cover for a quick inspection and noticed these mount tabs I made years ago.... rusty, drilled way off center, rough, but functional..... its fun to see stuff I made years ago and was "okay" with compared to now. I'm going to remake these quick and then I think ill stop pealing back covers and looking at things so closely. The rabbit holes are everywhere, especially the closer I look. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Looking good! Love the contentious improvements. This is a car id like to see in person one day and do some canyon runs with!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                                Looking good! Love the contentious improvements. This is a car id like to see in person one day and do some canyon runs with!
                                Thanks - if ever you are on the west coast around LA let me know!
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X