Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Glad to hear that at least Mishimoto is quick with the replacement and that you were planning on draining it anyways, so not a huge PITA

Yes, you should be posting a thread about your cars anyways... why are you hiding the goodness from us. Are you ashamed of YOUR Bronzit car? lol

ALL RIGHT! :) I'll get the ball rollin this week.

Comment

The next time your Mishimoto springs a leak, you'll buy a CSF

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Enjoy watching the development, good work! I can't wait to get driveable to do the same!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Re: Revshift mounts, also saw your ig story about these, so that makes sense.
          Does the engine still mount in the middle of the bay?
          The mounts look really offset, but does one of them just mount in the other hole or something?
          I've run these condors for 6-7 years now and it would be nice to lose some NVH, but not if I need to make a whole new downpipe lol.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
            qft

did you gas/back purge when you welded up the headers?

They tend to crack if you dont
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
              I really like what you've done with the floor and pedal area.
              thanks, really cleaned the interior up
              Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
              I was considering it. But I will say the 54mm core in the mishimoto radiator is pretty awesome. Looks like my choices would be PWR or fluidyne to get close to that.
              Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
              Enjoy watching the development, good work! I can't wait to get driveable to do the same!
              Thanks! I've been enjoying the same following your builds. With the car running, driving, and tested, this is my favorite part of the project - messing around with small details
              Originally posted by Northern View Post
              Re: Revshift mounts, also saw your ig story about these, so that makes sense.
              Does the engine still mount in the middle of the bay?
              The mounts look really offset, but does one of them just mount in the other hole or something?
              I've run these condors for 6-7 years now and it would be nice to lose some NVH, but not if I need to make a whole new downpipe lol.
              The biggest difference between the mounts is between the driver side. Passenger side is nearly the same profile. I could take a photo if you want. As far as NVH... idk if revshift sells a softer bushing, but these bushings I had were very stiff.
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              qft
              did you gas/back purge when you welded up the headers?
              They tend to crack if you dont
              No I didn't, good to know. I guess I'd have to tee off the regulator or something for a separate feed of gas? The header didn't crack a weld, it cracked one of the flex joints. Upon closer examination this was likely my fault. I noticed while I was disassembling that the entire header back section was shifted rearward 1/4 - 1/2". Before I clearanced the center muffler I smacked it a few times on speed bumps/driveway and probably pulled it rear, stretching the header flex joints until one cracked.
              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

Yeah, you can get a dual flow regulator.

Def a must for long term use headers, since the oxidation on the inside really does compromise the welds longevity
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Any reason you went Revshift motor mounts over AKG?

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post

The biggest difference between the mounts is between the driver side. Passenger side is nearly the same profile. I could take a photo if you want. As far as NVH... idk if revshift sells a softer bushing, but these bushings I had were very stiff.
                    If you find a convenient time to get a picture, I'd go for a comparison.
                    I bought the 80A, so there has to be some NVH improvement from solid.

Comment

did you get the state ref situation figured out?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                        Yeah, you can get a dual flow regulator.

Def a must for long term use headers, since the oxidation on the inside really does compromise the welds longevity
                        Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.
                        Originally posted by amcp View Post
                        Any reason you went Revshift motor mounts over AKG?
                        Back then I think AKG was stocked out, otherwise AKG was my choice. Currently I can't remember if there was a specific reason to go condor vs AKG.
                        If you find a convenient time to get a picture, I'd go for a comparison.
                        I bought the 80A, so there has to be some NVH improvement from solid.
                        Yea no problem. I don't recall what harndness mine were originally.
                        Originally posted by efficient View Post
                        did you get the state ref situation figured out?
                        Not quite yet. I hired a lawyer. They're still trying to get a court date.
                        Shadetree30

Comment

^ same reasoning about AKG here. Wanted them for their mounts' reputation but they were out of stock for what felt like years.
                          I ran revshift bushings in the rear of two cars now, tried a few other brands but liked them the most.
                          They had tearing issues with V1 of their 24v swap mounts, then booster clearance issues with V2, so when I saw V3 for half the cost of AKG (which was still out of stock) I went for it.
                          I really appreciate their commitment to fixing problems

Comment

Looks like they're in stock now if you need em. I used them on my S52 swap and they are the business.

Comment

^ same reasoning about AKG here. Wanted them for their mounts' reputation but they were out of stock for what felt like years.
                              I ran revshift bushings in the rear of two cars now, tried a few other brands but liked them the most.
                              They had tearing issues with V1 of their 24v swap mounts, then booster clearance issues with V2, so when I saw V3 for half the cost of AKG (which was still out of stock) I went for it.
                              I really appreciate their commitment to fixing problems
                              Originally posted by amcp View Post
                              Looks like they're in stock now if you need em. I used them on my S52 swap and they are the business.
                              I was curious so I just checked my email for my old revshift order. They were 95A "hard" street/track green and I bought them in early 2015. On my car they just hit their 6 year birthday. Dunno which revision they were, but like I mentioned before, I never had any fitment or performance issue. Not with the booster clearance either when fitted against the M52 intake manifold. M50 manifold required a porsche 944 booster and moving it 1 inch.
                              Shadetree30

Comment

That was the nice thing about the AKG mounts. I used them and the 944 booster. No relocation needed using the M50 manifold. I'll post updates in my build showing that.

Comment

Working...
                                X