Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
    I need to at least put new clutches in mine, but I am weary of "changing" the setup short of just putting a Kaaz or OS Giken in there. Would you recommend buying new thrust plates to go with the new clutches, or just flipping them over?

I've been thinking of throwing in a 2 way - I haven't had any issues with my 3.46 thankfully, but once it starts to wear i think I'd be more comfortable with a drop-in assembly. I remember them being cheaper a few years ago also (kaaz units) - so that sucks lol.
    89 325i 4dr s52
    02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
    21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
      Ugh this car is just so sick. If you ever plan on doing any trackdays in Norcal hit me up!
      Thanks man. I think so too! I love opening the garage and seeing it sitting there. It's really close to the vision I had for it years ago

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
      I've been thinking of throwing in a 2 way - I haven't had any issues with my 3.46 thankfully, but once it starts to wear i think I'd be more comfortable with a drop-in assembly. I remember them being cheaper a few years ago also (kaaz units) - so that sucks lol.
      yea they are really not cheap! I didn't really consider one of the aftermarket LSDs.... maybe I'll save up a bit vs doing another step up of internal mods. First I need to get this one set properly with the preload done right.
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

I just finished doing new clutches in my diff. It was easier than I expected it to be. I didn't mess with or modify anything. I plan to have Diffsonline do a 4 clutch setup in the near future, probably with 4.45 gears.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Finally paid for and downloaded tapatalk pro so I could upload photos easier... Anyway. Painted flares. Fixed the diff speed sensor connector with a new one from my stash. Diff is fully assembled and installed with only a small weaping leak from an output cover. Car is dirty low. Gonna raise it a bit. Update brought to you by pilsner urquell. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          Shadetree30

Comment

So much sex!
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

noice!
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

How much bigger are the flares? They don't look that much bigger too me. GOD, I love those wheels.
                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I love this car so much. Makes me wish I had the balls to cut up my quarters.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                    So much sex!
                    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    noice!
                    Thanks guys!

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                    How much bigger are the flares? They don't look that much bigger too me. GOD, I love those wheels.
                    They're ~20mm wider. The profile is also different which helps clearance. Yea man, I am really loving them too.

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                    I love this car so much. Makes me wish I had the balls to cut up my quarters.
                    Thanks be careful... cutting the quarters for me was the gateway drug to having total disrespect for every other piece of the car. No more hesitation with any other wild project ideas!
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Setup the car for alignment. First placed the car centered in the garage. Next I marked the tire positions and used the water/tube method to find the height difference at each spot. I used some cheap vinyl floor tiles from HD to make shims. After that just used the rest of the "kit" I fabbed a year or two ago to do the rest... got it pretty close I think. Also set ride height raising the front and rear a bit with like a 1/8" rake. Subtle. Checked my passenger to driver floor leveling skills and was happy to see the level check nearly perfectly. Tried out an idea I've had in my head for a while. I think I like it. Made new "slim" trim for the sides of the car from 1/4 black ABS plastic. Used countersink stainless steel m6 screws into rivnuts. Changed the oil. Another dosage of liqui moly 20w-60. The drain plug magnet was super clean. Another small item off the to-do list was the front turn signal lens/housing. I guess I got lucky and got a pair of oem from FCP euro before they became available. Found a set of genuine ZKW smoked lenses in Europe too off ebay. Installed and look mint. Lastly these update brought to you by Franziskaner weissbier. Another favorite German beer. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Updates Car is on the ground and driving. Feels great. Need to tweak the alignment. Or get used to it. Set zero front toe and it feels a bit twitchy... driving a quick pace in the canyons I was having to do midturn adjustments as I turned in too much initially, but maybe thats just my habit. Finally got a set of GC adjustable tie rods that I was supposed to have 2 months ago... long story. Disappointing GC customer service. Looking into fitting an s54 pan and dual pickup oiling setup. Clearanced the bottom 1/2" of the center muffler. And this update brought to you by 805. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Damn your car looks good. What happened with the fix it ticket?
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                            Damn your car looks good. What happened with the fix it ticket?
                            thanks!

Not much yet. I'm going to fight it with a lawyer.
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Did you repack the muffler or leave it empty?
                              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                                Did you repack the muffler or leave it empty?
                                I wrapped that bare section with some stainless steel wool and clamped it with oetiker clamps. No idea if it'll hold. I think the squared off flat plate also messed witht he sound resonance/harmonics. I hear some odd resonating frequencies now. Might have to either round it off, or replace it with a smaller muffler. Or better yet advance the timeline on the new header-back exhaust system I have planned.....
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X