Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some inspiration: THE WORLDS FIRST S55 SWAPPED BMW 2002! - YouTube

Comment

Car has been tuned and made 225whp on the dyno! Took way too much money and too much time to get here, but he drove it around his neighborhood the other day... Im happy for him

Wish the video was higher quality

Last edited by 2mAn; 03-16-2022, 01:36 PM.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Noice! Whats left?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Finishing up the cosmetic issues that popped up from years of being towed around from place to place... Needs to get the hood on, some seatbelts and I think thats about it. He wants to lower the front more. The Ireland Engineering springs he chose werent the race ones, but I told him to put some miles on it and get used to the car before he lowers it. Last thing you want now is to smash the front
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Whoops! Haha

question: Should the bolts all be facing the same way? I thought they were usually alternating, but can’t remember for sure
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Usually alternating. However, Ken Blasko and I both have run them as shown to no detrimental affect. It makes servicing easier.

Hate the 8-bolt guibo though. It does like to fail, and the aftermarket Meyles are hot garbage last I looked (which was 4 years ago, so maybe things have changed).

Comment

Originally posted by AceAndrew777 View Post
                Hate the 8-bolt guibo though. It does like to fail, and the aftermarket Meyles are hot garbage last I looked (which was 4 years ago, so maybe things have changed).
                Are there any options other than Meyle though?

Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

The 2002 looks great… The guibo looks new. I bet it sat for years in there.
                  On my m88/3 blk m 30. I would sheared my guibo’s at 320hp 299tq. I was able to use e34 m5 guibo. It is thicker.
                  Last edited by e30m3s54turbo; 04-10-2022, 08:44 AM.
                  Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks, it’s been a long process, so yes it was probably new but like 5 years old. He seems to believe that the driveshaft is too long but I told him the center can collapse a little ... well see

this is the old Giubo

Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Forgot to update this thread, but over Christmas I got a chance to see this car in action and also drive it...

MONSTER!

Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Wow!

Congratulations on hanging in there!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Was iffy on that body at first, but seeing it as a complete car now? Looks pretty awesome!
                          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                            Was iffy on that body at first, but seeing it as a complete car now? Looks pretty awesome!
                            Same, and if you go back to page 1 the back was quite bare... He took my advice and added back some of the trim elements and it looks great now
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Nice! what numbers did it make?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Man I haven't been on here in a while lol. I remember seeing this thread almost 8 years ago. Incredible to see where it is now.

Comment

Working...
                                X