Comment

Niceeeee.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        yesssssssssssssssssssss
        Originally posted by LoneWolf View Post
        Niceeeee.
        :p

So regarding the fuel system of the car........it has a metal feed line and plastic return line stock. I replaced all the rubber fuel hose with brand new hose before I swapped the motor in. I also bent a few e30 hardlines to use as a metal return line for the car. Seeing as all the lines would be fresh and clean, there's no sense in mucking them up with all the rust that was in the tank. So instead of buying a new tank, I just used POR-15 tank sealer like I did in my e30, and I'm very happy with the outcome. The inside of the tank is rust free & sealed, and I de-rusted/por-15'd the outside of the tank as well. Along with the mounting surface in the trunk for the tank. Here's a few pics of that

I also installed a new walbro 255 fuel pump, so technically the car has a "brand new" fuel system.

Next I grabbed what gauges I had left from the e30 & ordered a few more from summit to begin to build a cluster

I made a template in wood before I cut the aluminum version.

Where do I plan on getting the aluminum to make the gauge cluster & a radiator shroud you may ask?

From this stop sign!

She's slowly coming together. I took it for a quick spin around the block & man is it quick

I also installed my new shift knob, really liking the way that it feels in my hand when I grab it to go into the next gear;D

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

awwww yeaaa!
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

Sub'ed. Thanks for pointing me this way on 2002FAQ.

Going to read through this in a bit, at work currently but glad to see a familiar Avatar, your name was familiar over there but your AV did it. haha.

You seem to have documented well thus far, keep it up bro! I just cut out the nose of mine but not as far as you have.
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

The rear shift linkage "mount/bushing" is temporary right? Only reason I ask is it looks super high! I'm assuming that was done just to drive it? Man, i'm getting so antsy reading this at work!

Which trans mount did you run?
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post

How'd you bust your trans mount ear? Fixed now?

This is your CSB mount bracket? How the hell does that work? lol. Thanks man.
                Last edited by kid325e; 02-18-2015, 02:06 PM. Reason: so many damn questions..
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Did you steal that stop sign? :tsk:

srsly tho I love your gauge setup. Should rotate your tach because HOLD STUMT

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by knuklehead92 View Post
                    awwww yeaaa!
                    Thanks bud! I see that you have two 2002s now. LUCKY!!!:p

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                    Sub'ed. Thanks for pointing me this way on 2002FAQ.

Going to read through this in a bit, at work currently but glad to see a familiar Avatar, your name was familiar over there but your AV did it. haha.

You seem to have documented well thus far, keep it up bro! I just cut out the nose of mine but not as far as you have.
                    Haha no prob. Yeah, I cut out a lot of the front end nose stuff to make room. It's tough squeezing in a radiator + a 3" core intercooler ;)

The rear shift linkage "mount/bushing" is temporary right? Only reason I ask is it looks super high! I'm assuming that was done just to drive it? Man, i'm getting so antsy reading this at work!

Which trans mount did you run?
                    No the shifter is permanent. I used the sin city motor mounts, but as I said earlier in the thread I had a ton of issues with them. They made the motor sit high in the car, so I'm just raising the trans tunnel. The shifter feels great where it is, very close to the steering wheel and easy to reach.

All the bushings in the car are solid Condor Speed Shop ones

How'd you bust your trans mount ear? Fixed now?

This is your CSB mount bracket? How the hell does that work? lol. Thanks man.
                    I accidentally smacked it with a hammer when I was underneath the car. I got the ear welded back on to the transmission, so yes its fixed. The edges bolt up to the body and sandwich the sheet metal between that bracket & some large washers on the inside. Then the top of the bracket mounts to the CSB.

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                    Did you steal that stop sign? :tsk:

srsly tho I love your gauge setup. Should rotate your tach because HOLD STUMT
                    Nah, it was included with the couch that hit my car. Thanks fam! I might rotate the tach, I keep going back and forth though. I wish I had the $$$ for a stack tach

Picked up this cool maglite/coolant overflow tank to use

I also finished the gauge cluster and ran the wiring for the lighting last night

Here it is mounted in the car, not sure why the coolant gauge looks like it's touching the tach, but it isn't.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

So much win in here. Really, I was wrecked when I saw the outcome of your last car. Looks like things have definitely gone in your favor. Keep up the good work man!
                      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

So if i'm understanding you correctly, with your CSB Mount Bracket, you've got the CSB mounted upside down compared to how it's mounted from the factory in the E30?

I don't have any issues with that, just want to make sure I understand you! Dude that video of it boosting is so dope. Can't wait to see what you do with the interior and transmission tunnel.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

God I love this. This really is my dream build...

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post

So much win in here. Really, I was wrecked when I saw the outcome of your last car. Looks like things have definitely gone in your favor. Keep up the good work man!
                            Thanks man, I was a little torn up about losing the e30, but like you said it led to better things.

So if i'm understanding you correctly, with your CSB Mount Bracket, you've got the CSB mounted upside down compared to how it's mounted from the factory in the E30?

I don't have any issues with that, just want to make sure I understand you! Dude that video of it boosting is so dope. Can't wait to see what you do with the interior and transmission tunnel.
                            No the csb mounts upright, just like it normally does on an e30. Haha thanks, its been on a few test drives so far and its quick! Im trying to keep the interior stock looking, but that's pretty hard seeing as there's so little instrumentation to begin with.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            God I love this. This really is my dream build...
                            Thanks bud. I'm sure you'd prefer it to be m30 powered tho ;)

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post

Thanks bud. I'm sure you'd prefer it to be m30 powered tho ;)

You'd thin so but no. My dream is a stripped down 2002 with turbo or alpina flare with a full cage and a m20 2.7i turbo

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Okay, got it. So that runs across the bottom of the CSB? Legit, prolly way stronger then stock!

You work on it today at all?
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X