e30 323i N54 teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 323i N54 teaser

Hey folks, hope all is going well. I titled this with the word "teaser" because, this post will not receive much as far as updates are concerned. I have 4 more months of schooling and I'm free as a bird to move along. I am posting this for motivation purposes; If anyone is on the edge of doing something different, do it.

All being said here is my project, I found this sitting in a field taking on Pacific Northwest sky water. When I pulled up, I was somewhat surprised to see such a car just sitting being neglected; the ad on craigslist had no specification to model type, or pictures.

1984 e30 323i Sedan imported by Ferrari compliance inc.

Inside was found to be a vin matching m20b23, although the "Engine identification" sticker states it is a 3.3 litre.

Here is the first day I had it home, I was searching for a shell to replace my other early model, due to excessive rust issues. After Taking the Nutria brown carpet out, I was pleased to see the condition of the floor pans!

Okay, now to the project:

This 323i will receive a full media blasting, followed by Mock up for a motor swap. After Mock up is finish I will move onto priming; Most likely using an epoxy base, along with applying a fresh thick coat of epoxy, or rubberized coating onto the bottom of the chassis to seal everything up. (Looks as if body and cosmetics are coming in last.)

The engine I will be using came out of a 2007 335i. I have had this motor for a few months, along with %100 of the wiring, and hard components that go along with it, incuding ews,cas,ekp,junction box,cluster,keys, push start harness.

The wiring was a mess, and over 14 feet in length

I went through the full WDS and came to the conclusion, this is all you need for start up

The N54b30 is a great engine, aside the injector recall, turbos recall, hpfp recall,lpfp issues, the carbon build up issue.. But much to love! It will get fresh turbos, jb4, methanol injection as starters.
    e30 tow hook fits threads in

Catuned axles, turbos, JB4 ETC

So my goal at the end of all this is to have a fresh e30 Mtech 1 323i N54 swap.. Here are are a few pictures I took with the moonroof just set on top, and the mtech 1 bumper tape on, just for the visual.

Last edited by the imitator; 01-01-2016, 06:54 PM.

Sweet. :up:

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Ian, what's the story with the car? How did it end up sitting out there?

Anyways this is gonna be cool. I'll have to come check it out once you make more progress
      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
      '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
      '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

I dont really know the exact story to how it ended up there specifically, but I talked to mother, father, and daughter, whom had the local PD run the vin, which came up not stolen. The reason why it was neglected is simply because the son who bought it is/was a user of harder drugs, and once the parents sold the property they needed it gone gone.

The former owner is known to be no living, I have filed for a lost title. bam.

according to vin checks, this thing was a bitch to pass emissions, but recently had passed, and was known running according to the mother.

Comment

This is awesome

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

If anyone has more information regarding how many of these 323i's made it to america, id certainly be interested..

Comment

oh god, looking forward to this happening..
              sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
              1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
              1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
              1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
              (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
              1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
              2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
              2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

I updated the title because this thread will indeed be updated once in a while, but most likely for parts, and documentation

Comment

helloooo 323i! welcome to the club. they were frequently mis-labeled during import and federalization, potentially for more lenient smog purposes. Mine's BAR'd as a 3.2L.

are you going to document the N54 electronic work at all? That would be some good info to have..
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Oh hell ya subscribed!
                    '90 325is Schwarz
                    5 lug'd 24V Turbo on VEMS

Comment

very nice

I have one:).
                      Will be watching this thread!
                      jm

Comment

subbed

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                          helloooo 323i! welcome to the club. they were frequently mis-labeled during import and federalization, potentially for more lenient smog purposes. Mine's BAR'd as a 3.2L.

are you going to document the N54 electronic work at all? That would be some good info to have..
                          He's in WA. They dont care once its over 25 years old.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            He's in WA. They dont care once its over 25 years old.
                            I'm aware. It was likely less than 25 years old when it was imported, though.
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Sweet brown interior

Comment

Working...
                              X