• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    Nice choice with Nogaro faces
    What’s custom in the style 5s?
    Just the Nogaro face lol :)
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Fill n drill though right? 1 piece style 5s with 4 to 5 lug adapters and standard brakes won't work in front on a non M3 e30 without heavy poke. ask me how I know :-).

you have a wilwood BBK so not sure if the offset is different.
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

My fill and drill 2p style 5 et25 should work nice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
        Current Cars:
        2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
        2017 FERRARI 488GTB
        2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
        1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
        1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
        1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
        1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
        2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
        CLEAN E30'S
        S54 DRIVETRAIN
        E30 DASH
        E30 PARTS

Comment

dayum.

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
            Fill n drill though right? 1 piece style 5s with 4 to 5 lug adapters and standard brakes won't work in front on a non M3 e30 without heavy poke. ask me how I know :-).

you have a wilwood BBK so not sure if the offset is different.
            Fill and drill. They clear at the standard et23 since while my bbk is bigger in diameter they are slimmer on the front then the standard e30 brakes. I’m leaving them at Et23

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60 freak View Post
              My fill and drill 2p style 5 et20 should work nice

Current Cars:
              2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
              2017 FERRARI 488GTB
              2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
              1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
              1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
              1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
              1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
              2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
              CLEAN E30'S
              S54 DRIVETRAIN
              E30 DASH
              E30 PARTS

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                Fill and drill. They clear at the standard et23 since while my bbk is bigger in diameter they are slimmer on the front then the standard e30 brakes. I’m leaving them at Et23
                What BBK do you have? I'm also running filled/drilled style 5s and really don't want to run the 10mm spacer I have up front so I can fit a 225.
                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                  What BBK do you have? I'm also running filled/drilled style 5s and really don't want to run the 10mm spacer I have up front so I can fit a 225.
                  I have IE’s 310x20 kit for 16” wheels.

Comment

I have IE’s 310x20 kit for 16” wheels.

http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/item/e30bbk310w.html
                    Thanks! Gotta add another thing to the list now haha.
                    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Im following your thread, it never ends lol!

Comment

lol ahh jeez
                        list forever grows, never shrinks.

How much does the BBK protrude off the rotor? Trying to gauge what can fit over my rx7 calipers and I really like 16" weaves for that oem+ steeze
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

The end is near!! Well not the end, but at least the rear end :)

Buttoned up the diff, new gasket, filled with Redline and finally got the subframe up tonight. It wasnt to bad, had to do some loosening and tightening to get the bushings to line up perfectly. All new screws and bolts.

Reconnected the rear brake lines, pushed through the new ebrake cables, connected the new M3 rear sway bar.

Then the fun stuff, the Ebrakes, I am still not 100% sure I put them on right, it seems correct we will see when I get a chance to test. They are not really hard but just a pain in the ass to get lined up right. It is nice to see nice and fresh new parts and not all rusty.

Last but not least put on the new rotors, didnt realize how big the rears are now, only slightly smaller then the fronts. Interesting is the rears do not have a rotor set screw opening, the fronts do.

It was getting late so I didn't put on the calipers yet, I will do that tomorrow. I have the wheels sitting in the back of the X5 ready to get the tires mounted. I should hopefully have this on the ground tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                            lol ahh jeez
                            list forever grows, never shrinks.

How much does the BBK protrude off the rotor? Trying to gauge what can fit over my rx7 calipers and I really like 16" weaves for that oem+ steeze
                            Directly from IE's site.

"For the 318/325. This 310mm front big brake kit is intended for cars with 16" or larger wheels. It uses a Wilwood forged aluminum 6 piston Dynapro caliper. Rotors are 2 piece with aluminum center (hat) measuring 310mm (12.2") x 20mm (.81"). Kit includes calipers, rotors, pads, brackets, hardware and stainless steel braided hoses. These are very effective and reduce unsprung weight. This caliper is 1/2" narrower on the out board side than most calipers so it is much less likely to cause wheel fit problems (you need only 1.75" from the rotor to the back side of the spokes to clear this caliper)."

Comment

Felt some what accomplished today. First I finished the rear brakes, brand new Wilwood calipers to go along with the front ones.

Did one more check all the way around the car to make sure rotors turned freely and everything was tightened up, then I put the wheels on for the first time!!!

I lowered the car off the jack stands for the first time in a very long time, it felt amazing. Sure the car has no driveshaft and I cant move it, but at least its on its own feet. I cant remember the last time there were not just tools and boxes everywhere around the thing.

I put the rest of the trim on and I am basically done for the winter because its moving outside (covered but outside) for the winter. The idea is either build another 2.5 car garage next year or sell this house for a bigger one with 4 car garage.

The next steps in the spring (or nice days in the winter maybe) is pull the engine then get the whole front suspension, subframe and steering rack complete. Then finally drop in the S54 wire it up and hopefully it runs!

Then get the Mtech II kit on and get this thing painted. It doesnt look too bad from car away, and if I cut the paint I am sure it will look much better, its just rougher then I would want it.

Enjoy the photos, and the awesome reverse rake since the fronts are still on the stock springs.

Its so tiny next to the E38.

Comment

That’s just perfect. def getting Wilwoods for my Alpina wheels

Doesn’t it feel terrific having that rear end all refreshed?! Nothing like it
                                Last edited by bradnic; 11-29-2017, 07:01 AM.

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Working...
                                X