No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice progress!! And the wheels look fantastic.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Are you changing the master cylinder? Wondering about brake bias.. you’re keeping the ABS yes? Does IE have any advice there?
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
        Are you changing the master cylinder? Wondering about brake bias.. you’re keeping the ABS yes? Does IE have any advice there?
        Keeping ABS, since I bought both the front and rear the bias should be ok, but its definitely something I am going to look at after I drive it.

As for the master I am not sure yet. Since I am swapping to a 2002 booster to fit next to the S54 I havent decided what to do with the master yet.

Suggestions? I dont think I have seen many wilwood kits connected to the 2002 booster so I havent found much data yet on what to do there.
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
          That’s just perfect. def getting Wilwoods for my Alpina wheels

Doesn’t it feel terrific having that rear end all refreshed?! Nothing like it
          Yes, and best of all NO POKE!!

Comment

Man, those wheels look awesome! Definitely refinishing mine the same way!

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
              Man, those wheels look awesome! Definitely refinishing mine the same way!
              Thanks, they look even better in the sun, look slightly darker in the garage but when the sunlight hits them they sparkle, he put a little bit of metallic in the paint.

Comment

Are you going to paint the lower trim black like it is originally? Do you have SEM trim paint for it? Love this build
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah man - SEM 39143 Trim Black FTW
                  I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                  TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                  e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Are you going to paint the lower trim black like it is originally? Do you have SEM trim paint for it? Love this build
                    I’m going to paint it OEM black for now. Once the MTech II kit is installed you won’t see the lower half anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                      I’m going to paint it OEM black for now. Once the MTech II kit is installed you won’t see the lower half anyway.
                      SEM trim paint is the best way to go honestly to make it look OEM

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

I also mounted the new speakers into the premium sound mounts, the old speakers were not even in there.
                      How hard was it to swap in the speakers? I know the 5.25" are "easy" but how hard were the tweeters. I need to swap mine soon
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

SEM trim paint is the best way to go honestly to make it look OEM

How hard was it to swap in the speakers? I know the 5.25" are "easy" but how hard were the tweeters. I need to swap mine soon
                        Really easy for those polks. I just popped the screen off them and they fit in pretty perfectly. I just put some glue into secure.

Comment

Thanks for the info about the speakers, what model are they?

Also, whats your plan for a badge? No badge? Discreet 332i badge? something else?
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Also, whats your plan for a badge? No badge? Discreet 332i badge? something else?
                            They were Polk DB 5251, think they are old models now bought them at the end of 2015.

Here is a link I found on amazon.

Sound pretty damn good for a cheap component set. I put the same ones in the front too.

Comment

So I’m leaving the 325is badge more of a sleeper look. I do have an MTech grill badge though.

Comment

Sweet! Thank you
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X