Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lira (euro DS mtech II 318is reshelled, 24v swapped, also now BAR'd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    also, what could this be.

I'm not a math genius, but you might have some wheel parts on your paper towel.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

Comment

oh. I should probably put those back into some wheels.
      cars beep boop

Comment

it's back on the road, no problems to report. 3.46 is a good DD ratio, but barely being able to keep up with a Nissan Altima kind of stings.

cars beep boop

Comment

so nice

Glad you kept those wheels, they look really good on the m-tech 2.
          How is the idle on the car?
          jm

Comment

Are you running a pusher or a puller fan? Not that I think it matters when there is no clutch fan.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The idle is stable, but low enough to cause some gear rattle in the 260 with the light flywheel. Going to try a cocktail of MTL and high viscosity gear oil in the trans to address it.

I'm running the stock aux fan as a pusher with a low temp fan switch. I bought the thinnest, smallest fan I could find and it does not fit between my engine and the radiator. The nose of the m50 also seems to be up higher than expected, so I might have a driveline angle issue. Using typical e28 mounts, though, so I dunno what the deal could be.
              cars beep boop

Comment

so the car has had an inop front left blinker since I built it. yesterday I finally dug into it and found out that I had accidentally wired the blinker to the... OBC temp sensor wire.

anyway, I reversed that fix, but the actual blinker wire was nowhere to be found, so I had to unwrap the whole goddamned engine bay harness, which the fucking PO had wrapped in ELECTRICAL TAPE.

this is half of it stripped and rewrapped with TESA tape, which is what you're actually supposed to use.

I got the other half stripped, found the missing wire (it had been pulled out, probably by someone dropping the bumper with turn signals still attached), extended it, reattached the connector to it, and rewrapped the whole thing in TESA tape. Left blinker works!

... right blinker no longer does.

:hitler:
                cars beep boop

Comment

haha its always something with these cars... Are you still in the PNW?

Mine has 4 blinkers that work, yet when using the left side I always get the quick blink. Im sure its a shitty ground somewhere and I'll be damned if I will ever track it down
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

@kronus that's the funniest damn post I've read in 6 months
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                      @kronus that's the funniest damn post I've read in 6 months
                      Glad to be of service!

Anyway I fiddled with it and it's intermittent now.

Simon, I am not in the pnw yet, heading up tomorrow. I am in an alignment shop and I think the guy just broke my mtech valence on the rack.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

My blinkers also quit working randomly.. Something about being in Europe and rust..

I've cleaned and filed down the contacts a few times now. I even filled the connector up with grease, and they still fucking rust.

Next time I'm cutting the connector housing up and replacing it with some shit that won't rust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Duuuude. How bad did he break it??

Comment

turns out it was just the sound of the car rolling up onto the alignment rack. everything is intact.

also this past weekend the lady and I drove to Portland and back in this car as sort of a test to see if it's reliable.

happy to report that the only problems encountered were a pair of blown aux fan fuses and a gas cap some dude in oregon didn't put back on all the way.

didn't get a ton of car photos, but it got nice and dirty. feels great, like an E30 should.

cars beep boop

Comment

very nice

Glad this car is on the road. One of my favorite builds!
                              jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Mine has 4 blinkers that work, yet when using the left side I always get the quick blink. Im sure its a shitty ground somewhere and I'll be damned if I will ever track it down
                                ha same here with our first IX. I'm clueless as to where the bad ground is.
                                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X