No announcement yet.

1970 2002 Factory Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW. I was worried this project was going to disappear but you finished it and from the little hints of pics and video it is awesome. I am looking forward to seeing more.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

currently I am switching out the front 400 pound spring to the rear and i will be getting a new pair springs that are 500 pound for the front.

this is the old rear spring that is 325 lbs

front spring 400lbs to the rear

The rear is a little soft and rubbing just a tad.

here are some random pics

rear exhaust utilizing e60 bmw oem muffler, and vibrant resonator at the end, I really didn't want to make this car super loud.

I also installed SPC adjustable camber ball joints on all 4 corners

rear

front
      you can also see the massive 1.25 solid sway bar. this has three settings

Soft setting. 566 lbs

Middle setting. 644 lbs

Stiff setting. 739 lbs

currently its at the middle setting

pic of the rear brakes

I also got some brake pads on the way tomorrow

Project MU HC 800 street/track pads for front and rear
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

More pics!
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

im really bad at updating this shit.
          I changed the springs already and put on new pads and man they make worlds difference!

here are some pics from auto x yesterday. I will have more high quality pics as soon as a my friend posts them.

Shot with a potato lol

Passed tech easy!

My buddies fiesta st thats str prepped.he is an amazing driver! definitely top of the pack.

over all the car felt great!. i can def feel the weight in the rear swinging since its 47-53 with me in it.

I did have troubles with the gas tank venting and i will re do that.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

This is awesome. I think it would look bad ass any color but I would be half tempted if I were you to fix the rust, clear it and be done.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
              This is awesome. I think it would look bad ass any color but I would be half tempted if I were you to fix the rust, clear it and be done.
              well i did fix all the rust even made my own rear quarters on both sides since it was that bad.

I did clearcoat the car with this product 200 a gallon
              A tough Clear Coat that can be applied Direct To Metal or over other coatings. This water clear high gloss clear coat remains permanently flexible and is able to perform in the toughest environments without yellowing, cracking or peeling. Can be used as a protective coating on aluminum wheels, chrome bumpers, marine railings, chrome or aluminum covers, grills, handles, ornaments, lights.

Its holding up very well! Very durable. I can even wash the car, with no rust forming under neath but time will tell. It is advertised to work direct to metal.

There are some runs but whatever. I plan on sanding it down and taking it some where to get a professional clear coat paint job. I am very happy with the car so far and wont do this untill maybe next winter. I plan on tracking the shit out of this thing.

I plan on doing hyperfest and gridlife and bunch of auto x/ circuit cross events around the area.

Comment

Things I need/want

haltech pnp and racepak / dyno tune

Mirrors, my plastic fake chrome mirrors blow

lower camber ball joints. front is maxed out at -2.7

Another 4 wheel alignment

285 18x10.5 all around tire/wheel setup by ccw

Comment

In the one pic of the trunk, it looked like it had a little bit of rust on the edge of it. I think it is an awesome car and I like the new wheels that are going on. Keep up the great work.

Comment

more pics from the event

Comment

Wow this is rad! Very different, but built for a purpose! Nice work.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                      Instagram:
                      https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                      LS Build Thread:
                      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Mounted a go pro on my front bumper as a test for future autox and road course events. For some reason it took the video in 960p or 980p, I can't recall the actual format. That vtech tho..... lol

Comment

I did a thing, i did not make that btw.... a buddy did

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Random Shots (hardparker photos)

Went to a track event a couple week ago, I am happy to say the car performed flawlessly!

Only issue is that my rear was rubbing on high speed sweepers, So I made some spacers because my rear coil over height is maxed out. I will find out next track day if that helps. I will need a new alignment since the rear is messed up because of the height difference.

On tight turns I can feel the car under steer just a little. So I attached a rear sway bar, that should make the rear a little more tail happy for proper rotation.

The Crew...

I also met a photographer from Grassroots Motorsports, we had a photo session at summit point and there will be a feature so keep an eye out ;)

First time on the track at Summit Point, 1:34 nothing impressive, my goal is 1:28 which I think is doable for a newb.

My buddies spin out. hard to see but its there...

Current status

The car is at Alexander Fabrication to get a rear roll bar, I hope to pick it up next week before Hyper Fest @ VIR

I also plan on installing an oil cooler next week. Stay tuned for details
                              Last edited by knuklehead92; 05-06-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

So I got my car back from the fabricator last week and the rear roll bar came out awesome!

I also made a 3 inch exhuast from the header back..

Ill take more pictures of the roll bar later.

When I got it back, I pieced together a oil cooler setup. Costed me about 450 for everything including the 25 row setrab.

I also went with aeroquip -10 AN socketless hose which i think lowered the cost quit a bit.

So after installing the 25 row oil cooler, my oil was not getting up to temp... @60 F out side temp, I was seeing a max or 160 in traffic, and 140 cruising... It could also be my oil temp placement reading low... So I ordered a oil drain plug with a bulit in NPT adapter. And if your wondering, I am using a HI temp mocal sandwich plate...

For cold weather I made this oil cooler cover until summer.

Dont worry the bracket is welded onto the bar....

Comment

Working...
                                X