777- Kamotors E23 Turbo Build + E38 content and a hint of e32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

777- Kamotors E23 Turbo Build + E38 content and a hint of e32

Welp I decided to build up another BMW, I wandered out of the BMW game for a bit and essentially wasted a lot of money modifying my S60R and a bunch of Subarus.

I picked the E23 because its easy to work on, M30B34 takes boost very well, and I love 7 series.

My family has had an E32 for close to 10years and its been passed around from my aunt, to cousins then to my younger brother. We did H&R sport springs, Turner Motorsport chip, 3.15LSD and custom exhaust, I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought.

I picked up a 2001 740i M sport for my new Daily and fell in love with the way it drives and looks. Its got its quirks but its still a huge improvement over my s60r. Its on B&G lowering springs, quad tip muffler delete, and supposed 20" staggered custom STR wheels. Not sure exact width but its on 285 rear and they are stretched! Much more to come on the E38 as I'm tearing into the motor little by little everyday.

And what the majority of this Build thread will be focused on doing an extreme budget Build 1985 E23 735i Turbo setup and seeing how fast I can make it for as little as possible. If the motor holds up I will go all out on it.... heck, even if it blows up I'll go all out. First will do a Budget build find the weakness's and go from there. I plan to film and photo the whole process. Currently only mods are B&G springs and custom exhaust. I paid $800 fo the car with an oil leak, stuck thermostat and a few cosmetic issues but it does drive great.

possible end goal

7speedshop.com

Dank.

Comment

yay

Comment

Watching
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

woo

1991 318iS Sterlingsilber - 1989 325i Cirrusblau (sold) - 1990 318iC Brilliantrot (sold)

Comment

So tore into the e38 today, replacing waterpump, valleypan, valve cover gaskets, plugs,pcv and intake seals.
            Dat jank

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

7speedshop.com

Comment

The E38 is by far one of the best BMWs ever made.

Nothing that came after that on the 7 series matches that mix of elegance and aggressiveness.

Plus its always nice to be able to drive it from your cell phone ...
              ---E30 320i Hennarot 1984 Sedan---

Comment

Love my E38. Look forward toward your work on one...
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Also mailed out the e38 ecu, getting it tuned by dudmd.
                  Stuck thermostat in the e23, boiled both only one opened

Cool art on the first aid kit from the e23

7speedshop.com

Comment

Sub'd for 7 series awesomeness. My next car will either be a e46 AWD touring or a e38. I want a e38, but the e46 sounds to practical.
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Nice, old school 7 series, slammed with deep dish wheels and turbo..!!! sub'd....
                      Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

What do you intend to do with the HVAC system? I assume it isn't working 100%.
                        Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Got the valleypan done on the e38 now onto waterpump and rear coolant seals

7speedshop.com

Comment

NEW gaskets and oring for everything cooling related, waterpump was a pain with the egr lines right in front... now just to do the intake

7speedshop.com

Comment

quick video I made of removing the manifold, fuel rail etc a day or 2 ago.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                              X