Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's make an E30 M3! (M3 S14 cabrio clone project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kid325e
    replied
    Glad to see progress being made!! Do you have a good Convertible Shop to replace the soft top? I have a great shop out here in Seattle I can point you to if you need a recommendation - knowing you, you've probably already found the best!

Excited to see the progress.

Leave a comment:

• IronJoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Starter solenoid. Would put money on that being your culprit. Glad to see some forward progress being made again!!!
    Thanks Austin based on the reading I've been doing I think you're right. Might shoot you a text about this ;)

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Starter solenoid. Would put money on that being your culprit. Glad to see some forward progress being made again!!!

Leave a comment:

• IronJoe
    replied
    Hey gang, getting back to this after some much needed time away from the project. My winter hobby is incredibly fun and I couldn't quite tear myself away any sooner.

Here's where I stand: due to work, family obligations, etc I don't have the time to finish the bodywork and paint myself like I intended. I have been referred to a local shop that can do the work to my standards and I will be partnering with them to finish the exterior.
    After that, I have a few issues on my shortlist to sort out:
    • New soft top
    • Refit air conditioning
    • Refit factory stereo equipment

I also have one annoying electrical gremlin that I haven't been able to trace: the windows and HVAC stop working after the car has run for a little while. I am thinking it has something to do with the unloader relay circuit as this is an early motor in a late chassis. A swap which rarely gets done, so I haven't found a lot of info - if you have any ideas please help!

So, that's it for now. I'll keep you all updated as the car gets ready for paint. Thanks for inspiring me to finish this, all!
    Last edited by IronJoe; 07-15-2019, 11:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    bump :)

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    Funny came to see updates...That M3 vert is listed at Buy Now at 93K
    well, were getting SOME kind of updates haha wrong M3 vert though haha

Leave a comment:

• M-technik-3
    replied
    Funny came to see updates...That M3 vert is listed at Buy Now at 93K

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Monthly bump

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Exactly. Saved all the photos lol

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    52K and you have a Duralast battery? and no battery cover? WTF.

All right our last three posts need to go else where to not to clutter up his build thread.
    Meh, lets harass him with notifications to him and others that this thread has new posts...

Im really digging those door panels and the extended leather on the arm rests/ door pulls and the center console... giving me ideas

Leave a comment:

• M-technik-3
    replied
    Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    52K and you have a Duralast battery? and no battery cover? WTF.

All right our last three posts need to go else where to not to clutter up his build thread.

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    Not a lot of details for a $53K (and counting) vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    I’ll just leave this here

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    ok, first of the year, any new updates?

Leave a comment:

• iXguido
    replied
    Any updates here?

*Edit: never mind, looked back at your most recent post. The new year needs to hurry up and get here!

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
    Boring stuff, block sanding mostly. Hopefully after the first of the year I'll have some developments worth posting!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X