Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max S
    replied
    I wasn't thinking of a big bug-catcher but a normal supercharger, or maybe even two small ones on the sides (one per bank).
    Nothing that pierces the hood.

Max

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by Max S View Post
    If you're still making plans (and if it can be fitted), maybe consider a supercharger.
    It would fit the character better, I'd say.

Or: NA-tuning, with Alpha-N style intakes through (former) headlights.

Max
    I'd love a big old blower sitting on top of the thing, but IDK if it's feasible given the low profile of the hood. Trying to make it into a nice, but quick, touring wagon I can pack up and just eat up some highway in.

So far it's just been sitting at my parents place while I try to get the 335i back together. Not enough time for all this shit, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Max S
    replied
    If you're still making plans (and if it can be fitted), maybe consider a supercharger.
    It would fit the character better, I'd say.

Or: NA-tuning, with Alpha-N style intakes through (former) headlights.

Max

Leave a comment:

• mooseheadm5
    replied
    Better video noises coming soon.

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
    Yep, completely understood there! I'd relate building an n/a M70 to building an n/a m20. Sweet, wonderful sound, terrible hp per dollar ratio (and great fun for your r3v audience to take vicarious part of).

What holds these motors back? Just headwork?

Nonetheless, I've seen m70s with cams/intake make what you just made stock, so you must've built a damn healthy motor!
    Ha really?!

Man....yeah there may be a Dinan-style turbo deal in the future now that I've gotten the thought in my head. I've just never been a big boost fan...too much money....then look at what I put into this damn thing already.....

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    Man....I'd love to do a cool N/A build on one of these but it's soooo much money.

Be cheaper to turbo, and these like turbos what with the 8:1 compression...

....but I feel like that's a lot of work too.

Working up a M73 powered dfhkgsdgdeinvs for Vintage, so I'm going through that engine now.
    Yep, completely understood there! I'd relate building an n/a M70 to building an n/a m20. Sweet, wonderful sound, terrible hp per dollar ratio (and great fun for your r3v audience to take vicarious part of).

What holds these motors back? Just headwork?

Nonetheless, I've seen m70s with cams/intake make what you just made stock, so you must've built a damn healthy motor!

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
    Schricks and extrude honed intake manifold!
    Man....I'd love to do a cool N/A build on one of these but it's soooo much money.

Be cheaper to turbo, and these like turbos what with the 8:1 compression...

....but I feel like that's a lot of work too.

Working up a M73 powered dfhkgsdgdeinvs for Vintage, so I'm going through that engine now.

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Haha! I'm kinda bummed coz it's like I've finished a video game and now IDK what to do with myself.
    Schricks and extrude honed intake manifold!
    Last edited by AWDBOB; 11-20-2017, 02:15 PM. Reason: shrink cams lol

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Hehe, I bumped it.

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    Originally posted by E30335i View Post
    There was a guy that made m70 intake fit his m20. Finished results. No videos. Random but thought i would add onto that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    You know what Im thinking!....

BTW you had me nervous at first when I saw the beginning on the YT video. Thank you for not being a pleb and filming it properly
    Hahah, yeah, that's my friend Walt who takes cred for the vids. He's got a couple others on Youtube with the car when he details it for me once a year before Vintage, lol.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Haha! I'm kinda bummed coz it's like I've finished a video game and now IDK what to do with myself.

To be continued.....??
    You know what Im thinking!....

BTW you had me nervous at first when I saw the beginning on the YT video. Thank you for not being a pleb and filming it properly

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    I’ve also been unable to post YouTube vids recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    That is some impressive consistency
    Yeah, Kevin (dyno owner) seemed impressed. Of course the engine has about 2000 miles on it, maybe. I'm happy. I know it's fresh for future upgrades.

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
    Boner fuel.
    You're making it really hard to stick to my new plan of using my M70 for a Hot rod build...

To be continued.....??

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Boner fuel.
    You're making it really hard to stick to my new plan of using my M70 for a Hot rod build...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X