No announcement yet.

The Journey of Linda and Friends - the M20b31 Lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This car is a keeper! Still haven't bought a lip for it. Someone want to sell me an i lip they have lying around, eh?

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Looking good!
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
        Looking good!
        Thanks, man! I have to buyers for these other cars before I figure out what's next for Linda.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
          Thanks, man! I have to buyers for these other cars before I figure out what's next for Linda.
          If you ever decide to sell ...... :D

Comment

I just got an i lip for like 25$. screamin' deal if you ask me cause they are like 80 on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by columbo_01 View Post
              If you ever decide to sell ...... :D
              It's funny, I keep trying to sell the sedans but everyone wants the iS. Unfortunately the $$ it'd take for me to let it go I'm not sure it'd be worth to a buyer.

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              I just got an i lip for like 25$. screamin' deal if you ask me cause they are like 80 on eBay.
              That's a solid deal! My buddy here has one for me, I'll snag it from him once he gets his iS lip on.

Comment

[QUOTE=AWDBOB;4944312]It's funny, I keep trying to sell the sedans but everyone wants the iS. Unfortunately the $$ it'd take for me to let it go I'm not sure it'd be worth to a buyer.

You never know my friend...
                It’s very hard to find a well clean e30 now a days. Unmolested, rust free, with tasteful mods

Comment

The holidays were good to Linda.

She got a 370mm Mtech 1 Wheel (been looking forever, Stitched is recovering), an old wood mushroom knob, a factory E30 option Mtech 1 spoiler (been looking forever), and decided to install the heckblende indefinitely. Once I do shadowline, she'll be exactly where I want her to be exterior-wise.

Comment

Should look very nice installed. Post pics once finished.

Comment

Originally posted by columbo_01 View Post
                      Should look very nice installed. Post pics once finished.
                      I certainly will! I'm excited for the next season of Linda, she's got a bright future ahead of her.

Comment

So, I ended up selling the 370mm MTech 1 I purchased with no leather because I found one with original leather, which is what I wanted all along. It looked pretty beat in the pictures, but it appeared to have good bones so I pulled the trigger.

After spending more time than I care to admit with some leather conditioner, I'm thrilled with how it came out.

How it started:

Mtech370mm by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

How it turned out:

Comment

That turned out great, I'd say definitely worth the time/effort!

Comment

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
                            That turned out great, I'd say definitely worth the time/effort!
                            Thanks! I was thrilled to find a 370mm with original leather I took the chance, and it certainly played out in my favor after a little elbow grease.

Are you going to install that cylinder head/cam combo soon? I'm still itching to see the dyno.

Comment

So, I ended up selling the 370mm MTech 1 I purchased with no leather because I found one with original leather, which is what I wanted all along. It looked pretty beat in the pictures, but it appeared to have good bones so I pulled the trigger.

After spending more time than I care to admit with some leather conditioner, I'm thrilled with how it came out.

How it started:

Mtech370mm by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

How it turned out:

What product did you use?

Comment

This car is a keeper! Still haven't bought a lip for it. Someone want to sell me an i lip they have lying around, eh?

Depending on how long you can wait, once I get my Mtech II kit painted and installed I will be selling my IS lip.
                                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X