New to the e30 world!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the e30 world!!

Hello everyone, my names shayne and I'm new to this forum and I just got my first e30! I'm from Northern California and I'm currently in the Middle East, I'll be home in may and I'm really looking forward to starting the build. I had my dad pick up my 1985 325e, I'll add some pictures. I have a few questions for you guys; suspension, rims, and bumpers. For the suspension, I really want to go low, but air suspension seems to be a little expensive for me at the moment, so any good suggestions for coilovers? Also, I like the style 5's but I'm not familiar with the re drilling process, would it be easier to just get a five lug conversion? 16x7 was the size I was looking for. And for my last question (sorry, long post) I don't like the bumper on the car right now, so would a later model fit? Say a 1990? Or how would I go about that. Anyways, thanks guys, hope to hear from you all!

Welcome to the forum!

To start, your questions are covered in depth in very detailed threads. These threads have wayyyy more info than you'll ever get as a response.

I'd suggest searching through the forums for what you need.

Excited to see where you take your project!
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Go euro bumpers.

Don't slam it.

Style 5s are fine.
      1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

^This

And if you're going to make it low, use airbags. The rate of E30 attrition is already high enough because of static stancebro types. Plus beyond a couple inches of drop front and rear, suspension geometry is compromised and handling will get worse. Center of gravity is less important than proper geometry; bump steer, etc.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Post some pics .... :)
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Welcome!

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
            Go euro bumpers.

Don't slam it.

Style 5s are fine.
            This.

Style 5s FTW!

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Welcome to the forum.

Post some pics .... :)
            and this too!
            1990 325i
            2004 330i Individual 6-speed
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome,

If you are able to have stuff sent to you, grab a copy of the "E30 Performance Guide". It's a great introduction without the forum nonsense.

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Welcome.

If you go to the california sub forum, you'll find a thread about redrilling.

I personally like euro bumpers more on early cars, but it's up to you at the end of the day. If you search, you will find info on people swaping diving boards for plactic bumpers.
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Welcome.

If you go to the california sub forum, you'll find a thread about redrilling.

I personally like euro bumpers more on early cars, but it's up to you at the end of the day. If you search, you will find info on people swaping diving boards for plactic bumpers.

I think an early car with an mtech 1 kit and style 5s can be a seriously good looking car.
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
                    go euro bumpers.

Don't slam it.

Style 5s are fine.
                    qft

Oh, and welcome to r3v!
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                    X