No announcement yet.

A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the new tech can help you sort out all the small gremlins keeping you from driving this thing till now. Your car looks really good in person too Simon.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
      Hopefully the new tech can help you sort out all the small gremlins keeping you from driving this thing till now. Your car looks really good in person too Simon.
      Thanks Ed, she definitely looks good sitting there, but its much sexier cruising around... need to drive ASAP
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
      Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
      Originally posted by Melon
      Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

Comment

Great progress Simon! I bet you're excited to get behind the wheel again.
        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
          Great progress Simon! I bet you're excited to get behind the wheel again.
          Thanks Aaron, cant wait to drive it. I think it will be driving this week, but theres also rain in the forecast later this week
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Well... the car is home, but it didnt come home the way I hoped. Im overall a bit disappointed with M's Factory. Miki did a decent job on the car, but ignoring the fact that the car wasnt driveable were the minor things he simply overlooked. On the other hand he did a decent job with some of the wiring I requested of him. The kill switch and the electric fuel pump are wired up nicely and function perfectly. so there's the positive side...

Let me give you some pics to look at and then I will give you the bad news.

The car is misfiring.

He diagnosed it as a carb-related issue isolated to cylinder #2 and tonight I spent some time confirming that it is in fact cylinder #2, and that its NOT ignition related. That leaves the problem to be either air or fuel related. Being that I don't have a compression tester with me, I basically stopped there and dealt with the other minor things that he missed/ didn't do. I'm happy to hear her running again, but bummed that I still have work ahead of me, and I definitely didn't like the bill I was handed even though nothing really appeared outrageous other than the soft brakes. He replaced a leaky rear brake cylinder and then bled the system, so why the soft brakes still?.. Rest assured I will discuss that with him once I figure out this misfire... at the end of the month. Im going on vacation later this week and will be gone until the end of the month.

Another month with no Roadster driving= sad Simon.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Whatís the plug look like in two? Itíll give you a basic idea of whatís going on.. címon man, 50 year old cars require 50 year old diagnostics... Remember this old picture from Chiltons past: Could be a valve? Check the tail pipe when itís running and warmed up - moisture? Does it smell like unburnt fuel.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
              2006 BMW X3
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
              X