No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are the wheels the same color as the car? I might like to see them in a nice silver?

I think they look great but maybe being so close in hue to the car seems almost like the wheels are hiding in plain sight?

did you drive on them to see if your vibration went away?
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      are the wheels the same color as the car? I might like to see them in a nice silver?

I think they look great but maybe being so close in hue to the car seems almost like the wheels are hiding in plain sight?

did you drive on them to see if your vibration went away?

They are a different color. More grey and the car is blue. I’ll get better pics when it’s lighter out.

There’s still a vibration +/- 35mph, but it’s minor and the death shake is gone. It actually smooths out over 35mph and is rather nice above that. I’m going to try and get it on the freeway as soon as possible. Last time I only made it one exit and that was enough.

Comment

At some point I'm hoping to be to the "bolt on" phase and out of the "engineer everything" phase.

Subaru hood latch. Had to extend the E30 cable, extend the throw and add emergency access in case the cable breaks.

Comment

Anyone a wheel/tire fitment expert? I’ve got a question I think I know the answer to, but need a second brain on it.

Comment

Question - do you register it as a Volvo or a BMW? How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
              Question - do you register it as a Volvo or a BMW? How does that work?

DOL agent had me register it as a Volvo. Said the body is what the VIN is attached to and would be best if visible vehicle matched the plate if ran by an officer. If the BMW was not also beyond the emissions testing requirement date, that “might” be another issue.

Comment

It was raining, but I went out to try and scout some photo spots for when the weather breaks.

Ubiquitous parking garage shot

Comment

Car weighed 2850 yesterday with a quarter tank of gas and no driver. The lady at the dump kind of chuckled when I asked if I could just weigh my car without paying the $17 minimum. LOL

Comment

I think I’m gonna try my hand at making aluminum exhaust. I’ve always been interested in it. It’s not a big cost and if it doesn’t work out down the road, I can just swap stainless in for the aluminum.

Comment

E30 specific question (if anyone is still on here) I topped off the tank for the first time once I’ve owned the car, got to work, pulled it in the shop and was gonna try and get some stuff done. It smelled like gas BAD! I look underneath and there’s a big puddle of gas. I figure the gas tank has a hole, but decided to pull the under seat cover plate thinking that since the car was in the process of being parted when I got it, maybe something was loosened up and never got put back right. The cover plate was off when I got the car. That’s when I noticed this is cracked.

I assume it’s the fuel pump hanger so I start searching online for a replacement. Nothing coming back is looking like that, so I go to RealOEM.com and punch in my number. It shows the fuel tank and option that’s a sender and one that’s a lift pump of sorts AND a sender (although the second option has a metal top). Sooooooo, I get back in there and pull out the bad part. Turns out it is just the sender.

So, does this car not have an in-tank fuel pump? How does that work?

Comment

Also, tiny crack in the radiator. Bummer.

Like I keep saying, this car is gonna be all new once I finish replacing the parts that break.

Hood hinge beginnings. I actually am putting the second half of the hinge on hold for now though. I may be going a different route.

Comment

thats a nice sunshade mod too with the hood up! lol
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That car will have 2 pumps, one in tank and another low pressure pump under the drivers side rocker. The one with the metal top, and a locking ring, will be the in tank pump hanger.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                            HSAX Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by akorcovelos View Post
                              That car will have 2 pumps, one in tank and another low pressure pump under the drivers side rocker. The one with the metal top, and a locking ring, will be the in tank pump hanger.

This is what I pulled out. No in tank pump. No wires for in tank pump.

Comment

Originally posted by akorcovelos View Post
                                I started typing the same thing, then remembered earlier in the thread it was mentioned it's a Euro grey market car.

If it was the sender only (like the US models), then it would be in the driver's side of the car, under the round bulkhead access (you can clearly see in pics it's the rectangular passenger side access cover).

Adam, it might behoove you to slowly convert everything over to US-spec items, that way you don't have to hunt for Euro-Specific parts. I wouldn't be surprised if the US fuel supply stuff mounts right into your tank.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:
                                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                                X